T Nation

Chicken and the E-Word

Kind of had an epiphany today.

What’s the consequence of all the estrogen that’s being pumped into chickens? Could this drastically effect someone like myself who is eating meals that consist of A LOT of eggs or A LOT of chicken breasts on a daily basis?

Probably nothing to worry about.

If in doubt you could always slip in some REZ-V or something.

awaits free supps

xD

Sorry, your post made me think of some evil farmers actually pumping liquid estrogen (whatever that is) into chicken’s assholes.

Like a giant rig with a big vat of estrogen and a tube leading to a spout that looks kind of like the cone thing you smash an orange into the make juice.

But anyway, if it worries you that much, just stick with fish and rice cakes.

[quote]Stuntman Mike wrote:
just stick with fish and rice cakes.[/quote]

I lold

seriously though, that kid did a good job.

[quote]FightingScott wrote:
Kind of had an epiphany today.

What’s the consequence of all the estrogen that’s being pumped into chickens? Could this drastically effect someone like myself who is eating meals that consist of A LOT of eggs or A LOT of chicken breasts on a daily basis?[/quote]

This is why I buy organic chicken and eggs.

I can see giving estrogen to a cow if that makes it produce more milk, but a fucking chicken? Why? How would that be cost effective?

I wouldn’t worry about it. They shoot cows up with tren prior to shipping them to the slaughter house and ain’t nobody getting jacked by eating beef, at least not to the extreme of the tren making its way to the consumer.

Fuck buying organic, if you can afford it more power to you but I personally refuse to fall victim to grossly exaggerated food prices. 10.99/lb for skinless, trimmed “organic” chicken breast in my area.

What the fuck?! 72g of protein is still 72g protein no matter what the chicken did in its previous life. I don’t care if the chicken had a happy upbringing and was allowed to run around with all its chicken homies and was never shot up with gear.

For an additional 7 bucks a pound I just simply don’t see the benefit, gents. All I care about is getting my 10oz of chicken breast per chicken meal at the cheapest price possible. END OR RANT

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:
I can see giving estrogen to a cow if that makes it produce more milk, but a fucking chicken? Why? How would that be cost effective?[/quote]

It’s part of the grand plan to turn us all into docile government obeying sheep.

I get in a dozen eggs along with at least some of the hatched bird, itself, on a daily basis. The only difference I’ve noticed since I started is that I’m getting bigger and stronger.

I’ll be sure to let you guys know when I start needing a manssiere (or “bro”) just to be able to jog without embarrassing/knocking myself out.

Bigger chickens make more money for the farmer as they get paid per pound I think. You could go organic and all, its a bit more money. Personally I love the taste of free-range, but not everyone likes the gamey taste. If I find some free-range lamb, I promise I won’t offer you any :slight_smile:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Bigger chickens make more money for the farmer as they get paid per pound I think. [/quote]

Right, but how much weight does estrogen help a chicken gain, and would the value of that extra weight be worth the cost of giving them estrogen? A chicken only weighs a couple of pounds, and it’s meat sells for less than $2 a pound frozen.

I think free range is good, and estrogen is bad, but I think people worry too much, and assume that farmers are putting estrogen in everything just to be evil.