Chicago West Loop Olympic Weightlifting Gym

Can someone recommend a good gym for olympic weightlifting that is near the West Loop? Or at the very least, a gym that has bumper plates.

Also, there is some crossfit gyms near me. Does anyone know how it would work if I wanted to just go there and do my own workout? Or do I have to participate in their group workouts?

I would ask at the crossfit gym, they usually have great equipment and a lot of bullshit like tires, climbing ropes, etc wich you might have fun doing after trainning :slight_smile:

I just joined here, though its in lincoln park:

You can get a monthly membership and just come in and do whatever and/or you can do some of the classes. PLus they have a rock climbing area too

[quote]albanian_adrian wrote:
Can someone recommend a good gym for olympic weightlifting that is near the West Loop? Or at the very least, a gym that has bumper plates.

Also, there is some crossfit gyms near me. Does anyone know how it would work if I wanted to just go there and do my own workout? Or do I have to participate in their group workouts? [/quote]

Adrain,

I actually live in the West Loop and attend one of the crossfit gyms. I go to Crossfit Construct and have been for several years. At our gym we have two programs, depending on your goals. One follows a group WOD program while the other is a strictly strength & conditioning program which can be seen at chicagostrength.com. The strength program is more individual and i’m actually following the strength programming myself. It’s very structured and well worth it.

Are you still looking for a place to train?

[quote]Musashi17 wrote:
Are you still looking for a place to train?[/quote]

Musashi17, I PM’d you.

Im looking for a place to train. I live in the west loop. I just did a PL comp down in bridgeport at a dope powerlifting gym but its too far

Bump.

This thread is a little outdated. I happen to live near west loop now and am looking for a facility like the one OP mentions. Any recommendations?

[quote]jskrabac wrote:
Bump.

This thread is a little outdated. I happen to live near west loop now and am looking for a facility like the one OP mentions. Any recommendations? [/quote]

I don’t know the neighborhoods very well, but consider sayre park if you are wanting to lift at an established club.