T Nation

Chicago Needs Military to Patrol Streets

http://www.infowars.com/lawmakers-call-for-troops-on-the-streets-of-chicago/

So far this year 113 people have been killed on the streets of Chi-town and summer hasn’t even begun yet and keep in mind, this doesn’t include nonfatal shootings.

I guess Chicago isnt the paradise those anti-gun nuts thought it would be, in fact, its the opposite. If I lived in Chicago, I would rather risk being caught carrying an illegal handgun to protect myself than be in a situation where I need to have one and dont have one. Like a rapper once said “i’d rather do life than be dressed nice in a casket.” The Chicago police certainly would not protect me and they have proven this over and over and over and over^infinity again.

[quote]clip11 wrote:
http://www.infowars.com/lawmakers-call-for-troops-on-the-streets-of-chicago/

So far this year 113 people have been killed on the streets of Chi-town and summer hasn’t even begun yet and keep in mind, this doesn’t include nonfatal shootings.

I guess Chicago isnt the paradise those anti-gun nuts thought it would be, in fact, its the opposite. If I lived in Chicago, I would rather risk being caught carrying an illegal handgun to protect myself than be in a situation where I need to have one and dont have one. Like a rapper once said “i’d rather do life than be dressed nice in a casket.” The Chicago police certainly would not protect me and they have proven this over and over and over and over^infinity again.[/quote]

This is the future. Only a totalitarian system can keep the cattle from stampeding, especially once all the social welfare programs become unaffordable.

The cattle thought they could rob producers forever. Nope. Now they get to live in a police state.

Headhunter, I’m confused on what you’re political views actually are? Can you clarify for me?

[quote]BackInAction wrote:
Headhunter, I’m confused on what you’re political views actually are? Can you clarify for me?[/quote]

Meritocracy. Each person gets just exactly what he or she deserves. No one gets the ‘unearned’, especially at gunpoint.

That being said, our country is falling apart, as the lifeblood of it is sucked away by those who want something for nothing and hire government as their thug, so they can get their check.

So, the forces unleashed by the collapse (plus the declining scaloe of weaponry) requires an absolute tyranny. As cities and states become war zones, only the military can keep some semblance of civilization. We then have to hope that those who run things will return us to civilian rule.

Wow. Stupid. Instead of admitting to the fact that gun control does not work, they are going to put National Guard troops in the city?

I am going to try and find the emails of Fritchey and Ford and tell them my opinion on gun control and the 2nd Amendment. Let the people defend… not like they’ll listen anyways.

Let’s see…

Putting more state employed, armed people on the street to reduce killing…?

What could possibly go wrong?

Let me get this straight, OBAMA was a community organizer in Chicago, was he not? Is this what we get to look forward to?

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Let’s see…

What could possibly go wrong?[/quote]
It worked on the TV series 24, dude. C’mon, don’t be so ignorant.

[quote]Bigd1970 wrote:
Let me get this straight, OBAMA was a community organizer in Chicago, was he not? Is this what we get to look forward to?[/quote]

Our mayor in Los Angeles was a community organizer and former head of the ACLU, do you really wonder why went down the toilet?

[quote]Bigd1970 wrote:
Let me get this straight, OBAMA was a community organizer in Chicago, was he not? Is this what we get to look forward to?[/quote]

Wow, that could be one of the biggest leaps I’ve ever seen made on this board- you actually are saying that since Obama was a community organizer several years ago, the murder rate has increased.

The intellect of this forum has now dropped another 30 IQ points for that post. Thanks.

And by the way, I agree that “Gun control” is not the way to solve this. I’d bet that out of those 113 murders, 111 of them were done with illegally held handguns.

As usual, the responsible gun owners are punished because of the fuckin dirtbags on these streets. Sounds like ole Mayor Daley is trying to make it a political issue when it very much isn’t.

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
Wow. Stupid. Instead of admitting to the fact that gun control does not work, they are going to put National Guard troops in the city?

I am going to try and find the emails of Fritchey and Ford and tell them my opinion on gun control and the 2nd Amendment. Let the people defend… not like they’ll listen anyways.[/quote]

gun control doesn’t work? case study: nyc. it works. chi-town police must be incompetent.

[quote]thefederalist wrote:

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

I am going to try and find the emails of Fritchey and Ford and tell them my opinion on gun control and the 2nd Amendment. Let the people defend… not like they’ll listen anyways.[/quote]

gun control doesn’t work? case study: nyc. it works. chi-town police must be incompetent. [/quote]

Ever hear of “London?”

Let’s see…

Well since they are getting paid… they might as well do something useful. Now we just need them in Richmond, Oakland, Vallejo, Compton…etc.

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

gun control doesn’t work? case study: nyc. it works. chi-town police must be incompetent. [/quote]
Yeah, the Chicago Police are incompetent. That’s why my friend in the Police Academy, who has been deployed to Iraq twice said his training and deployment weren’t shit compared to the academy. He went in 200 lbs, he is now 150, and he still has a month to go. His colleague, an ex-Navy Seal, said the Academy training is on par with the training he underwent.

Further… http://www.gunfacts.info/pdfs/gun-facts/5.1/gun-facts-5.1-print.pdf - Shutup.

Fact: In 2000, 20% of U.S. homicides occur in four cities with just six percent of the
population â?? New York, Chicago, Detroit, and Washington, D.C. â?? most of which
have/had a virtual prohibition on private handguns.322

Fact: New York has one of the most restrictive gun laws in the nation â?? and 20% of the
armed robberies.325

New York: … That the People have a right to keep and bear Arms; that a well
regulated Militia, including the body of the People capable of bearing Arms, is the
proper, natural and safe defence of a free State; That the Militia should not be
subject to Martial Law except in time of War, Rebellion or Insurrection. That
Standing Armies in time of Peace are dangerous to Liberty, and ought not to be
kept up, except in Cases of necessity; and that at all times, the Military should be
under strict Subordination to the civil Power.

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

Yeah, the Chicago Police are incompetent. That’s why my friend in the Police Academy, who has been deployed to Iraq twice said his training and deployment weren’t shit compared to the academy. He went in 200 lbs, he is now 150, and he still has a month to go. His colleague, an ex-Navy Seal, said the Academy training is on par with the training he underwent.

Further… http://www.gunfacts.info/pdfs/gun-facts/5.1/gun-facts-5.1-print.pdf - Shutup.

Fact: In 2000, 20% of U.S. homicides occur in four cities with just six percent of the
population â?? New York, Chicago, Detroit, and Washington, D.C. â?? most of which

Fact: New York has one of the most restrictive gun laws in the nation â?? and 20% of the
armed robberies.325

regulated Militia, including the body of the People capable of bearing Arms, is the
proper, natural and safe defence of a free State; That the Militia should not be
kept up, except in Cases of necessity; and that at all times, the Military should be
under strict Subordination to the civil Power.[/quote]

more people equals more crime??? what a revelation!

[quote]Standard Donkey wrote:

Let’s see…

Well since they are getting paid… they might as well do something useful. Now we just need them in Richmond, Oakland, Vallejo, Compton…etc.[/quote]

Amen to that, they should drop napalm on Richmond and start over.

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

population �¢?? New York, Chicago, Detroit, and Washington, D.C. �¢?? most of which

Fact: New York has one of the most restrictive gun laws in the nation �¢?? and 20% of the
armed robberies.325

under strict Subordination to the civil Power.[/quote]

[/quote]
NYC has ~8 million people, compared to the rest of America at ~300 million. Yet the number is 20%?

Show me that it worked for NYC. And look at every other ‘case study’ in that PDF file.

[/quote]

No, this is too simplistic.

The reason why more crime happens in bigger cities than smaller ones is not necessarily attributed to population but rather lack of available means. It just so happens that large amounts of capital draw people into cities and not the other way around.

In a city like Chicago where there is a large accumulation of capital that is being underutilized (thanks to excessive regulations, taxation, big government, etc.) there will be more people worse off due to unemployment or underemployment. Hence more crime.

A good way to see this phenomena is to look at the difference between actual crimes committed and per capita crime rate. A small city can have an astronomical per capita crime rate because of the lack of available economic means but it will not come close to the absolute crimes committed in a larger city that has a lower per capita crime rate.

This tells us population size does not mean anything when it comes to crime rate – which I believe to be a better indicator for quality of life. I can live in a large city with a high number of crimes committed yet still has a low per capita crime rate. This means I am more likely to be unaffected by crime.

[/quote]

No, this is too simplistic.

The reason why more crime happens in bigger cities than smaller ones is not necessarily attributed to population but rather lack of available means. It just so happens that large amounts of capital draw people into cities and not the other way around.

In a city like Chicago where there is a large accumulation of capital that is being underutilized (thanks to excessive regulations, taxation, big government, etc.) there will be more people worse off due to unemployment or underemployment. Hence more crime.

A good way to see this phenomena is to look at the difference between actual crimes committed and per capita crime rate. A small city can have an astronomical per capita crime rate because of the lack of available economic means but it will not come close to the absolute crimes committed in a larger city that has a lower per capita crime rate.

This tells us population size does not mean anything when it comes to crime rate – which I believe to be a better indicator for quality of life. I can live in a large city with a high number of crimes committed yet still has a low per capita crime rate. This means I am more likely to be unaffected by crime.[/quote]
Good post, hadn’t thought of it that way.