Chiang Mai Wolds 2007 O-Lifting

Here are some pictures:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38313689@N00/sets/72157602047241546/

Redefining “ass to grass”

holy shit thats deep I dont think I have ever seen that deep.-That looks painful on knees almost-

Also these Oly lifters have damn nice physiques also. Who won btw in their weight classes?

I know Ivan won the 77 Kilogram division, I’m not sure about the others.

Hmmm I’m trying to post a video but it’s not working out. Here’s a link to his winning lifts: Ivan Stoitsov 193 Clean&Jerk - YouTube

Ivan Stoitsov 205 Clean&Jerk - YouTube same meet?

[quote]Corrosion wrote:
Hmmm I’m trying to post a video but it’s not working out. Here’s a link to his winning lifts: Ivan Stoitsov 193 Clean&Jerk - YouTube
[/quote]

Lol didnt see this but yeah same it looks like

Yeah…hell of a lift and hell of a physique for 77 kilograms. Anyone know how tall he is?

I think he is 175 cm. The interesting thing about Ivan is that after he got the European title for youth in 2004, he was framed by the Bulgarian Federation as “bad prospect”. He was literally taken from a cafe he was working in after his renunciation of the sport, for the preparation for the Worlds. And when you add the way he got the title (6th after the snatch) with his last attempt, it’s really a Hollywood story.

175? Wow, pretty tall for a 77 then. Taller than me and I’d sit at the top end of the 77s in terms of height.

Thanks for sharing…great stuff

[quote]mldj wrote:
I think he is 175 cm. The interesting thing about Ivan is that after he got the European title for youth in 2004, he was framed by the Bulgarian Federation as “bad prospect”. He was literally taken from a cafe he was working in after his renunciation of the sport, for the preparation for the Worlds. And when you add the way he got the title (6th after the snatch) with his last attempt, it’s really a Hollywood story.[/quote]

Damn that is really tall for 77 Kilos. He’s huge too; he must cut alot of weight.

[quote]Corrosion wrote:
Redefining “ass to grass”[/quote]

did he get out of this?

From what I remember, no, couldn’t recover it. Another of his lifts he actually hit the floor.

[quote]ninearms wrote:
From what I remember, no, couldn’t recover it. Another of his lifts he actually hit the floor.[/quote]

just going to say he got redlighted at least once for hiting the floor.

I showed my wife the picture of Stoitzov with his great abs showing, and told my wife that ALL OL’s end up looking like this (I have to keep her convinced this OL comeback is a good thing for me). Wish me luck on getting those abs, guys. And don’t post any pictures of Reza on my thread, she looks at it! lol Doc

[quote]Kliplemet wrote:
what the hell[/quote]

Looks like he lost his grip.

[quote]Dr.PowerClean wrote:
I showed my wife the picture of Stoitzov with his great abs showing, and told my wife that ALL OL’s end up looking like this (I have to keep her convinced this OL comeback is a good thing for me). Wish me luck on getting those abs, guys. And don’t post any pictures of Reza on my thread, she looks at it! lol Doc[/quote]

I’ll start digging out photos of Chigishev and Tavakoli for you.

[quote]Kliplemet wrote:
the big man betting[/quote]

Dr. PC don’t look now… its reza look up!

Cool stuff, I hadn’t seen some of those before