Chi-Towns-Finest: Contest Prep 2010!

Looking good, man.

Your delts and arms look good. I like how your lateral delts look in the ‘relaxed’ pose at the beginning of your vid. Your rear delt could be a little bit bigger (but that’s a common problem).

What baffles me a bit is this, though: in your back db pose, your lats look more impressive than in your lat spread pose. This might be a posing issue.

Luck, dude!

As an aside: what made you choose this tune as your posing music?

Thanks for all the feedback.

@Stu, do you have a link to the posing video you described?

[quote]FattyFat wrote:
Looking good, man.

Your delts and arms look good. I like how your lateral delts look in the ‘relaxed’ pose at the beginning of your vid. Your rear delt could be a little bit bigger (but that’s a common problem).

What baffles me a bit is this, though: in your back db pose, your lats look more impressive than in your lat spread pose. This might be a posing issue.

Luck, dude!

As an aside: what made you choose this tune as your posing music?[/quote]

Perhaps my lat spread does need some work, I have always felt my lats aren’t popping as much as they could be. Can’t wait to step infront of the judge and have him tear my poses apart – I’ll probably end up going there a few times.

I do like Bach, although it’s not what I’ll be using on stage – my choices on youtube were limited. I’m going to start with thirty seconds of Exodus, followed by Tech N9ne’s “Riot Maker” – can’t seem to find a clean version of it though!

^This was the first video I found a few years ago that was unedited and pretty much gave me an idea of how a prejudging would play out (7 minutes long for this class I believe). You have to deal with the guy’s girlfriend (wife? I don’t know -lol) screaming throughout it, but you can see how the different competitors get into, settle, and hold their poses.

^This one is pretty good too, it’s from the ‘overall’ comparison. You can tell who’s being considered for the ‘top spot’ by the competitors the judges place on either side of the eventual winner. The competitor on one side (initially) appears larger (he was the winner of a heavier weight class), and the competitor on the other side (the winner of a lighter weight class) appears (initially) more cut. Ultimately it’s the competitor in the middle who has the best combination of side and definition.
Other things you can note:
-After the ‘relaxed’ poses (quarter turns), the judges place the 3 ‘better’ competitors in the middle
-The judges ALWAYS go through both sides (so practice your weaker side!!!)
-Certain poses will be called at the end just to ‘make sure’, or justify the guy they’re going to announce as the winner (in this video, they call the back poses again because they are undoubtedly the winner’s better poses)

S

Thanks!

I’m seconding the posing suggestion. It needs a lot of work, but it’s not about time spent posing, it’s about time spent fixing things. Your rear lat spread looks terrible because you (in the video) didn’t ‘put things in the right place’ as I like to think of it. Your shoulders were forward and elevated…they should be down and back if anything. Watch a lot of pro videos and see what good posing looks like so you can see (regardless of muscular development) how yours looks in comparison.

When I practice posing in GENERAL (NOT rehearsing a routine or something), I hit a pose in the mirror and think about every part of my body. Stick your hips here, move your shoulders here, etc…paying attention to how each movement affects the overall perspective of the muscles. Some movement changes can make huge differences. An easy example would be supinating your wrists to make your biceps more shapely…or NOT supinating the hidden arm in a side chest to make the arm look thicker.

Going for critiques should be very beneficial.

Going for the critique today!!!

keeping my eye on this thread. regular updates on training, weight, diet etc would be good. think a younger version of stus thread. keep us posted and good luck

[quote]pro-a-ggression wrote:
keeping my eye on this thread. regular updates on training, weight, diet etc would be good. think a younger version of stus thread. keep us posted and good luck[/quote]

Great idea, I changed the title to something more fitting!

I’ll start posting my blog updates in here as well. I’m getting one of those kodak pocket camcorder dealybops, that will make it much easier for me to make updates with my posing ect.

The judge tore me apart today with an hour of posing, christ it’s more exhausting than cardio!

Expect to see a blog update in the next 1-2 days.

–CTF

[quote]Chi-Towns-Finest wrote:

The judge tore me apart today with an hour of posing, christ it’s more exhausting than cardio!
[/quote]

lol :slight_smile:

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:

[/quote]

lol :slight_smile:

S[/quote]

Solution: College football + my couch.

2.5 Weeks Out! Update: Andrew Bora Natural Bodybuilder: 2.5 Weeks Out!

Check back this weekend for photos and possibly a video!

Good to hear back from you and can’t wait for the photos

I have no other choice than to wish you good luck and congratulations in advance! I remember a couple years ago you were asking about everything, and now you’re making it man. Go for it.

Edited Post

Thanks for the feedback fellas!

The photos are up on my blog site:

I see you’re in Illinois, have you ever been to a place called EAC (Evanston Athletic Club)? I swear I saw you or your twin there lol.

[quote]d0m wrote:
I see you’re in Illinois, have you ever been to a place called EAC (Evanston Athletic Club)? I swear I saw you or your twin there lol.[/quote]

That was me boss; I was there a few months during the summer!

Looking solid in the new pics. Much tighter than last year!

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
Looking solid in the new pics. Much tighter than last year!

S[/quote]

Thanks Stu!

On a side note, have you tried the MAG-10 fasting? Looking forward to hearing your experience/thoughts on it!

[quote]d0m wrote:
I see you’re in Illinois, have you ever been to a place called EAC (Evanston Athletic Club)? I swear I saw you or your twin there lol.[/quote]

That was me boss; I was there a few months during the summer![/quote]

I knew it! So where do you train now? I’m tired of the lack of equipment at EAC and the L.A. Fitness around the corner is full of douches. I gotta find a decent gym but have no idea where to look.