Chest/Triceps/Shoulders and Back/Legs/Biceps

This is unreal.

Boss, do what you want to do, track everything, adjust and go from there.

Obviously, you’re going to do better with something written by an experienced coach than something you slap together. Obviously.

I’ve used 5/3/1 extensively and squat over 500 and pull near 600 at <200 lbs. This is not atypical or anything. I know lifters who’ve used the methodology for most of their lifting careers who pull over 800.

The internet/reddit/lifting forums are not your friends at this point. As has been recommended, buy a 5/3/1 book, pick a template you like and do it for awhile. Accept coaching, learn by doing, or stay weak until you quit in a few months.

2 Likes

Which 531 did u use? The fullbody one?

I don’t know what “the fullbody one” is, there are probably over a hundred 5/3/1 templates that would qualify as fullbody. There are at least 30 in the 5/3/1 Forever book.

I’ve used many different templates, including OG 5/3/1, BBB, various rest-pause templates, the Trident, Beyond (training maximally,) 1000%, and probably some others. They all worked to some degree; to the extent some didn’t work as well as others, it had more to do with out of the gym factors than any failure of the programming.

If I were you, I’d just do a BBB program the way it’s laid out in the original books, and run with that for a long time (like over a year). I don’t know how strong you are now, but if you are as inexperienced as you sound, you can more than double the weight you can handle for 5x10, and obviously doing that will result in a dramatically bigger, stronger, less dialectic-inclined person than you are now.

I don’t know why I bother ever trying to help these fucking kids.

The arrogance in thinking they can design a better routine than guys like Wendler is just astonishing.

3 Likes

I almost did… then remembered the name. Went to his profile and sure as shit, I’m his most responded to person. Remember that Zack Morris kid? He sure was a tool.

1 Like

ah fuck, now I remember. This kid’s started like a dozen of these threads, one of which was super recently (but with a different name - I only know it was the same kid because he used the same photo of his gross midsection).

Why do people waste their time like this?

1 Like

@leo2222 , this was you 13 months ago. How have you changed?

d599de9e291e42bb22fd93db7cd0c522995c4e5a_1_375x500

1 Like

considering he posted a picture of that same physique in a thread like three weeks ago, I’m thinking probably not much

No one said you shouldn’t

EDIT: Gahhh! That’s what I get for not reading through the thread… Didn’t wait for the “Beginner who has repeatedly failed asks a question. Then argues against any answers in favour of the approach that has repeatedly failed them” trope to unveal itself.

Says he has to work super super hard everytime he is in the gym… Looks like that ^^^

Lmao OP find another hobby.

1 Like

Brahh stop hating, those Dad-bod gainz are a one way ticket to chubby Valhalla…

2 Likes

Yeah, I wouldn’t classify you as a beginner either. Perhaps “pre-novice” would be a better term.

My weight have gone down to 176 lbs and my bodyfatpercentage have gone down from 25 to 19.

Which program would u reckommend for me? The most efficient one. Not a fullbody.

news flash
This

Doesn’t exist. There is no perfect program

1 Like

In all seriousness, I would recommend you get the 531 Forever book, and run the Beginner Prep School. It is big barbell lifts with prescribed progressions, and bodyweight/KB circuits for assistance. You need to get stronger on the big lifts, and you need to focus on bodyweight moves rather than isolation moves at this point. After this, I would find another program (Krypteia, for example) and do it exactly as it’s laid out.

Quite trying to outsmart programs, and think “this isn’t working fast enough” and keep your head down and put in the work. It’s all about approach, consistency, and attitude.

I havent time to buy any book now, and i also dont live in the States, so the shipping will sure take a while.

I still cant fond any good linear progression program for Novice lifters, which is also a 4 day. The closest i have got is the upper/lower one.

@Chris_Colucci is this the same guy from this thread?

Judging by this… yes.

2 Likes

OP Either your Trolling (badly) or you just need to get your balls out of what ever purse that they are in and actually put in the work like a FUCKING MAN.
download

2 Likes