Chest Problem

like it gets said time and time again, when youve added 100s of pounds to your lifts there should be considerable improvement in how you look.

use the link below, its a good articles about building chest.

[quote]nightwolfer wrote:
255 x 4-5 but i see your point … im just afraid i will keep gaining in the same areas and the pecs will look saggy [/quote]

First, flyes of any kind are largely a waste of time. They look nice when people are doing them. They are NOT a primary mass builder. If your concern is building up your upper chest, focus on more incline work…and above all else, quit taking advice from people no bigger than you are. I would move chest to twice a week and from there you have a choice. I used to train upper chest one day and lower the other day training it twice a week. Now, I can hold loose change on my upper chest without it falling off.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Now, I can hold loose change on my upper chest without it falling off.[/quote]

Classic quote!

OP, I had the same issue and started to train chest twice a week. I didn’t necessarily split up the upper and lower. I did both on the same day but I had more of a ME and DE day. ME day was more like heavy sets of 2 for 4-6 reps. And I ramped up to those 2 sets. If you do decide to do chest twice and you do both areas of the chest always start with the incline movements. This is of course just what has worked for me…

This isn’t complicated at all…

2 very, very basic things in weight training are that;

What you want to improve ( however one defines that ) you put as the first thing, on the first day of your weekly rota.

And what you want to improve you have to train as often as YOU can.

So the first thing on your first training day, is Incline Chest work.

You are not lifting shit-tons, with shit-tons of volume, so you can do Inc Chest work more than once a week.

2 chest days is a great idea. Put Incline work first on both.

Flyes are useful, but do them last on any day you train them.

If you want to do Flyes do them for years, like Bench Variations, and shit.

Do not ‘throw them in for 6 mo.’ and say they suck.

For shit-sake take the Flyes SERIOUSLY, or don’t do them. Don’t fucking play with them, ramp it up, go balls out, get strong on those shits, you gota want it, if Flyes are to be anything but a show.

[quote]Antares wrote:

What you want to improve ( however one defines that ) you put as the first thing, on the first day of your weekly rota.

You are not lifting shit-tons, with shit-tons of volume, so you can do Inc Chest work more than once a week.

For shit-sake take the Flyes SERIOUSLY, or don’t do them. Don’t fucking play with them, ramp it up, go balls out, get strong on those shits, you gota want it, if Flyes are to be anything but a show.

[/quote]

When are flyes NOT a show? They limit the weight used and even though I know I can look bad ass doing them in a tank top, they SUCK as far as actually building overall size.

Exercises like that, pec deck flyes and cable cross overs, if done at all, are usually done LAST in a training session and then usually just to get more blood pumping into the area.

thx guys i knwo what im gona dow now :> im gona put progress pics in this thread in 3-4 months hehe see if i can get improvments . my arms will probably hit 18 inch so youll se pics in that thread than also hehe

[quote]Antares wrote:

[/quote]

When are flyes NOT a show? They limit the weight used and even though I know I can look bad ass doing them in a tank top, they SUCK as far as actually building overall size.

Exercises like that, pec deck flyes and cable cross overs, if done at all, are usually done LAST in a training session and then usually just to get more blood pumping into the area.[/quote]

hmm arnold did them hmmkay so they has to be gudz

[quote]Antares wrote:

[/quote]

Exercises like that, pec deck flyes and cable cross overs, if done at all, are usually done LAST in a training session and then usually just to get more blood pumping into the area.[/quote]

I still say Flyes are useful.

I did not say Flyes are the money.

Granted most guys doing Flyes these days, are doing them with like 50 lbs, x 4, or some bullshit.

I agree to train them last, but they should still be treated as a legit movement, as they are.

Just not the money.

Nothing replaces BB/DB/Mech presses.

I thought that was clear in my post…

theres a lot of people giving chest advice (or advice in general on this site) that don’t have pictures of their own progress or massive chests/back/legs/whatever to show proof that they maybe know what they’re talking about. I think less people should be giving out their advice without at least a little bit of proof that attests to their credibility. just my thought?

.greg.

I dont have a bodybuilder chest so no advice being dished out from me.

[quote]gregron wrote:
theres a lot of people giving chest advice (or advice in general on this site) that don’t have pictures of their own progress or massive chests/back/legs/whatever to show proof that they maybe know what they’re talking about. I think less people should be giving out their advice without at least a little bit of proof that attests to their credibility. just my thought?

.greg.

I dont have a bodybuilder chest so no advice being dished out from me. [/quote]

You maybe just summoned a Shit-Storm…

The psychosocial stuff here is tense…

[quote]Antares wrote:
[

The psychosocial stuff here is tense…[/quote]

maybe i did but it was unintentional… I just think alot of people here would be better served lifting more and typing less. not trying to start any conflicts here just stating what i’ve been thinking for a long time while reading a lot of the recent posts on this site.

Sorry for the mini thread hijack. not intended

.greg.

Did you have anyone in mind Greg? lol

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]Antares wrote:
[

The psychosocial stuff here is tense…[/quote]

maybe i did but it was unintentional… I just think alot of people here would be better served lifting more and typing less. not trying to start any conflicts here just stating what i’ve been thinking for a long time while reading a lot of the recent posts on this site.

Sorry for the mini thread hijack. not intended

.greg.[/quote]

Hey dude it’s cool…

I don’t blame you and others for taking what I type with a grain of salt. I have yet to post pics.

I’m good with people thinking twice about my advice, 'cause they don’t have cold proof.

I am all for common sense.

everybody wannabe a bodybuilder but aint nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weights!

everybody wannabe a bodybuilder but aint nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weights! [/quote]

“aint” = Negative

“nobody” = Negative

“no” = Negative

So, three negatives, two negatives cancel each other out, so that leaves a negative right? So that means that “nobody wants to lift heavy ass weights”…is that correct Countingbeans?

Hey PX or anyone else,

what should one do if upper chest is a weak point but anterior deltoids are a strong point.

low incline dumbell presses?

[quote]its_just_me wrote:

everybody wannabe a bodybuilder but aint nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weights! [/quote]

“aint” = Negative

“nobody” = Negative

“no” = Negative

So, three negatives, two negatives cancel each other out, so that leaves a negative right? So that means that “nobody wants to lift heavy ass weights”…is that correct Countingbeans?[/quote]
RONNIE COLEMAN put it that way ! :> shut up and squat.

[quote]youngblood52 wrote:
Hey PX or anyone else,

what should one do if upper chest is a weak point but anterior deltoids are a strong point.

low incline dumbell presses?

[/quote]

That would be my first move. Past that, I would spend more time trying to actually FEEL the chest contracting. If your anterior delts are taking over that much, chances are your incline presses have been much more like overhead presses.

[quote]its_just_me wrote:

“aint” = Negative

“nobody” = Negative

“no” = Negative

So, three negatives, two negatives cancel each other out, so that leaves a negative right? So that means that “nobody wants to lift heavy ass weights”…is that correct Countingbeans?[/quote]
RONNIE COLEMAN put it that way ! :> shut up and squat.[/quote]

LOL, I’ll have to remember that one :slight_smile: