Chest Pain - Any Doctors?

I would like a little bit more help on the subject. I’m a 27 year old guy that experiences occassional chest pain in the region of my heart. I asked my doctor about it before and he didnt seem very concerned about it. Maybe he doesn’t care…I dunno.

I’m in rather good shape and don’t smoke. I recall having a pain like this off and on since highschool. That was 12 years ago. Its a sharp pain not brought about by working, makes it hard to breath for a few seconds, then its over. Once while breathing in heavily despite the pain, it felt like something ripped in my chest. I feel this way maybe every 6 months, if that.

My wife has experienced something similar and her doctor said it was caused by her lungs sticking to her heart lining? Caused by asthma perhaps? And the ripping away from each other. That’s how it feels sometimes, like a big rip. I cannot seem to find anything on google about it or know where to start. Thanks

[quote]Tank53 wrote:
I would like a little bit more help on the subject. I’m a 27 year old guy that experiences occassional chest pain in the region of my heart. I asked my doctor about it before and he didnt seem very concerned about it. Maybe he doesn’t care…I dunno.

I’m in rather good shape and don’t smoke. I recall having a pain like this off and on since highschool. That was 12 years ago. Its a sharp pain not brought about by working, makes it hard to breath for a few seconds, then its over. Once while breathing in heavily despite the pain, it felt like something ripped in my chest. I feel this way maybe every 6 months, if that.

My wife has experienced something similar and her doctor said it was caused by her lungs sticking to her heart lining? Caused by asthma perhaps? And the ripping away from each other. That’s how it feels sometimes, like a big rip. I cannot seem to find anything on google about it or know where to start. Thanks[/quote]

You should probably start at the doctor’s office.

Or, you could ask unqualified strangers on a bodybuilding website to diagnose your cardiac problems.

GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!!

[quote]PGA200X wrote:
GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! [/quote]

I think that what PGA is subtley trying to say is that it might be a good idea if you see a doctor.

I know that you said your doc didnt care when you mentioned it to him last time. My suggestion is tell it to him again and make him care, or find another doc.

He said he told his doctor and his doctor didn’t tyhink much of it.

You’re dying.

I know how you feel. I have the same thing that happens every so often. I’ll be breathing and then on my left side (about 1/2 to 3/4 way down my ribcage) I get this really really sharp pain. If I breathe in really deep also, I feel this weird sensation, but then it’s gone.

I also had Kawasaki(sp) Syndrome as a little child so I get spooked about stuff like this, especially my once every couple or other month irregular heart beats.

Now that I think about it, I haven’t had this pain since more than 6 months ago. It’d be nice to know what it is though.

well you definitely came to the right place

[quote]belligerent wrote:
well you definitely came to the right place [/quote]

haha thanks. I’m not overly worried or need to find out, but if anybody has the same experiences and got answers, it’d be nice to know. Personally, if I were as worried as the original poster seems, I would’ve seeked out further medical advice possibly.

Could be Mitral Valve Prolapse. I’ve got that and, let me tell you, the weeks leading up to diagnosis were pretty terrifying and frustrating. Waking up in the middle of the night, CONVINCED I was having a heart attack… rushing to the hospital only to be perfectly fine by the time somebody gets around to seeing me.

Chest pains at work that, coupled with anxiety attacks that were diagnosed about the same time, had me pretty much expecting sudden death at any moment. Pretty sucky for a 25 year old guy.

Mitral Valve Prolapse is not uncommon, and it’s pretty harmless, just scary until you figure out what it is. They’ll do some EKGs and maybe make you wear a halter monitor for a day or two if they think that’s what you’ve got. Now that I know what it is, I rarely even notice it anymore.

Good luck, hopefully it’s something as harmless as that!

Bob

In all honesty I’m not very concerned about it. I was more looking into what the explained problem was, to get more information. Like official term for it and what brings it on. It happens so rarely I think its a fluke of life.

And no I wasnt trying to get diagnosed here FYI.

I also recall a friend of mine about a year ago that was doing behind the neck pull downs (dont ask). A few days later, he started having chest pains and ended up going to the doctor. The doctor told him that he had…pinched a nerve i believe…that makes it seem as if he were having a heartattack. How could doing behind the head pull downs do that? Is there other exercises that can do the same thing? Shoulder work?

[quote]AgentOrange wrote:
You’re dying.[/quote]

And you’re an orange.

[quote]Tank53 wrote:
My wife has experienced something similar and her doctor said it was caused by her lungs sticking to her heart lining? Caused by asthma perhaps? And the ripping away from each other. That’s how it feels sometimes, like a big rip. I cannot seem to find anything on google about it or know where to start. Thanks[/quote]

It sounds a little like pleurisy. Do a search.

Read this and see if it fits your description:

[quote]chewie wrote:
Tank53 wrote:
My wife has experienced something similar and her doctor said it was caused by her lungs sticking to her heart lining? Caused by asthma perhaps? And the ripping away from each other. That’s how it feels sometimes, like a big rip. I cannot seem to find anything on google about it or know where to start. Thanks

It sounds a little like pleurisy. Do a search.

Read this and see if it fits your description:

http://www.webmd.com/content/article/7/1680_53636.htm[/quote]

No I dont think so. But the site is very helpful. The only reason I wouldnt think so it because it isnt related to an illness. I will continue looking on the site and see if I can find anything.

There are some very intelligent doctors out there, but there are also a lot of people on this forum who could have had similar experiences. His doctor said it wasn’t a big deal, and he’s simply putting a feeler out to see if anyone else has experienced it in order to get a second opinion. Give the guy a break.