Chest Help Needed

I have two and a half years lifting experience, great result, love the whole thing.

My chest does… not… grow. and I am getting tired of it. It is the same size as when I was 140lbs (6’ super small frame). I am 170+ now and have KILLER arms, great back, calves and everything but no chest.

I’m not stupid either, I know and do the exercises: wide grip bench( at all grades), incline/declined decline flys, dips. My chest gets a little pumped but even in these exercises it is my arms that swell like mad. I have very wide shoulders and long arms and legs hard gainer (who isn’t though right?).

I am thinking about just doing moderate weight bench every day morning and evening to gorge my chest with blood all day, not that it gets much pump at all. I don’t want to do the overtrain to depression thing because I’m in sales (or at least that’s what I tell myself).

Has anyone had a similar problem and overcome it?

post a picture of yourself or some exercises that you do regularly. You say you have wide shoulders, so doing decline bench pressing would probaly be beneficial for you, that is if your shoulders and incredibly strong.

Kenny waller had this problem, and fixed it by doing all his bench work on the decline. If you would post your chest/back and arm routine down, it would greatly help the people trying to help you.

Do you bench with proper form?

Have a look here:
http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1053531

Look at tip #3 on how to bench press correctly. I followed this as closely as possible tonight at the gym, and I tell you I am mightily impressed with the info.

As soon as you retract the shoulder blades, it pushes out your chest and arches your back; I haven’t had a chest pump like tonight in a long time, and the weight was easy to lift, easier than normal.

Just a thought.

mon:
bench, incline/decline flys, incline/decline bench, abs.

tues: tris, bis; french curl, skull crushers, and various bicept workouts

wed: pulldowns, row, shrugs, shoulders, maybe clean & snatch for burn out

fri: squats (full squats), leg extensions

This is a newer routine but is pretty much what I have followed in the past. I hate posting pictures and I don’t have any or a digital camera. Trust me when I say my pecs are pathetic.

I doubt that any part of you is very big at 167 lbs and 5’11". Keep gaining overall weight and the chest will show up.

[quote]fightingtiger wrote:
I doubt that any part of you is very big at 167 lbs and 5’11". Keep gaining overall weight and the chest will show up.-Me

I did mention my current max for bench. Its 205.I posted because I wanted advice.

If I wanted some person to come across like a hardass over the internet, I would have gone to one of the countless other bodybuilding sites on the web that are overrun by keyboard warriors whose posts only purpose is to degrade the OP. -fightingtiger [/quote]

Ok, ok. Did I say I was big? That was a snarky post, that’s meant to goad me into a picture.

I did some research on you. You flame guys and insult others but cry when your feelings get hurt. Then I looked at your pictures, what the HELL? Who are you to give advice you little hobbit? And what kind of a punk insults DieselWeasel out of the blue http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1471769&pageNo=5#1609148

I could whoop your ass six ways from sunday. You still want my picture I’ll get one to you as soon as my roommate gets home with his digital camera if you ask me.

The point I’m trying to make is that these backbiting remarks are what T-Nation stands against.

If that picture is you then you’re not big…at all. If you had around 9-10% BF you’d be pretty damn skinny. Get up to 190 and if your chest is still small then you can bitch.

That’s not me. That’s fightingtiger,
the guy who is giving me advice.

[quote]Future2501 wrote:
fightingtiger wrote:
I doubt that any part of you is very big at 167 lbs and 5’11". Keep gaining overall weight and the chest will show up.-Me

I did mention my current max for bench. Its 205.I posted because I wanted advice.

If I wanted some person to come across like a hardass over the internet, I would have gone to one of the countless other bodybuilding sites on the web that are overrun by keyboard warriors whose posts only purpose is to degrade the OP. -fightingtiger

Ok, ok. Did I say I was big? That was a snarky post, that’s meant to goad me into a picture.

I did some research on you. You flame guys and insult others but cry when your feelings get hurt. Then I looked at your pictures, what the HELL? Who are you to give advice you little hobbit? And what kind of a punk insults DieselWeasel out of the blue http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1471769&pageNo=5#1609148

I could whoop your ass six ways from sunday. You still want my picture I’ll get one to you as soon as my roommate gets home with his digital camera if you ask me.

The point I’m trying to make is that these backbiting remarks are what T-Nation stands against. [/quote]

Where was I being a bitch to you? Where exactly? Where exactly did I say that I was big? All I said is that 167 fucking pounds, you are not in danger of having any lagging bodyparts and you should be less concerned about gaining just in your chest and more concerned with gaining all over.

Throw some pictures of yourself up here Mr. Hardass. Im glad you think you could kick my ass, but Im sorry, I dont fight punk ass kids who talk shit on the internet, thats the sort of high school bullshit behavior that adults generally do not take part in.

Where did I cry when my feelings got hurt. Obviously you were so butthurt over me smashing your delusions of grandeur and telling you to just worry about gaining weight that you decided to stalk me around this site so you could dig up some dirt. Fucking cool.

Backbiting remarks? I told a 167 lb kid that he needed to gain weight? Sorry this isnt “suck my skinny dick.com”, grow a pair.

Also, 15 inch arms are not “killer”.

[quote]Skrussian wrote:
If that picture is you then you’re not big…at all. If you had around 9-10% BF you’d be pretty damn skinny. Get up to 190 and if your chest is still small then you can bitch.[/quote]

That picture is one he pulled out of my log thread. It is from March. I weighed 15 lbs less then than I do now. Bodyfat is the same. That means at that time, I weighed the same as this guy and am 3 inches shorter.

Skrussian, do you really weigh 125 lbs?

This is one of the more bizarre threads. First, unless your bodyfat is at 6% and you have very small joints (we’re talking 6" writs), you will not have any “KILLER” body parts. Six foot, 170 lbs. is not big. At all.

Second, DieselWeasel has proven himself to be an all-around loser. He recently put his head on top of the Virgina Tech killer’s photo because he was “bored.” He also doesn’t work. (No time, he says; though he has plenty of time to screw around on the Internet and to post videos on YouTube.) Insulting such a cretin is not condemnation-worthy.

Third, no one insulted you. Someone told you the truth, namely that you need to gain mass all over if you want your chest to grow.

If at 6’ 170 lbs. you think the only thing holding your “physique” back is your small chest, you are seriously delusional.

TC needs to great a “flame” forum, because this is just ridiculous. Play nice now kids.

At your height and weight there’s no way your even close to being big, sorry thats not a flame its the truth we don’t even need to see a picture. Get all around bigger and come back at 190 or so.

Fastest way to grow chest is to develop a big DB press.