T Nation

Chest/Back Overpower Upper Body

hey guys been doing strength based training for past 6-8 months with some deload weeks included, mainly to maintain strength during rugby season.

now its off season i want to put on some mass, so going to start a hypertrophy based push-pull-legs routine. As stated in the title my back/chest dominant my upper body physique(due to genetics and previous training). I do want to put on overall mass but bring up some lagging bodyparts in the process esp. shoulders.

with my push-pull-legs routine was thinking of having alternating( A and B) push workouts to help put bit more emphasis on shoulders.something like this:

workout A- dumbbell shoulder press, incline barbell press, dips, lateral raises db., decline skulls, tricep pushdowns

workout b- incline db press, military press, machine hammer press,chest flies,cable laterals, decline skulls

i was thinking of doing workout A predominantly, doing (3;1) workout A;B ratio

is there a point to alternating push workouts?? would you do something differently???

thanks for your help appreciate it

[quote]hitman12345 wrote:
hey guys been doing strength based training for past 6-8 months with some deload weeks included[/quote]
Okay, few things here.

First, if by “some deload weeks”, did you mean taking 6 months off for an injury like you posted last month? Just wondering the deal on that.

Second, you’re the same dude I already called out just a few months ago on having a ton of inconsistencies in past posts. Your age, height, weight, bodyfat, and experience changed drastically over the course of a month or three.

So, see ya later. Good luck in your training.

Chris I wouldnt bother with this guy its already been determined he is not the sharpest crayon in the cookie jar if you get what Im saying

[quote]Reed wrote:
Chris I wouldnt bother with this guy its already been determined he is not the sharpest crayon in the cookie jar if you get what Im saying[/quote]
Oh I’m marking this guy off, for sure. I hadn’t seen where else he’d been called out, so I wanted to toss up a caution sign for anyone else who happened by here. Ha.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]hitman12345 wrote:
hey guys been doing strength based training for past 6-8 months with some deload weeks included[/quote]
Okay, few things here.

First, if by “some deload weeks”, did you mean taking 6 months off for an injury like you posted last month? Just wondering the deal on that.

Second, you’re the same dude I already called out just a few months ago on having a ton of inconsistencies in past posts. Your age, height, weight, bodyfat, and experience changed drastically over the course of a month or three.

So, see ya later. Good luck in your training.[/quote]
How do you figure this stuff out? lol

[quote]Reed wrote:
Chris I wouldnt bother with this guy its already been determined he is not the sharpest crayon in the cookie jar if you get what Im saying[/quote]

I pondered this for a while.

Beyond that problem with storing your crayons in a cookie jar, I am unsure if a sharpened crayon is superior to a blunt one?

[quote]Wahuuga wrote:

[quote]Reed wrote:
Chris I wouldnt bother with this guy its already been determined he is not the sharpest crayon in the cookie jar if you get what Im saying[/quote]

I pondered this for a while.

Beyond that problem with storing your crayons in a cookie jar, I am unsure if a sharpened crayon is superior to a blunt one?[/quote]

How the hell are you supposed to color in the edges???

[quote]chobbs wrote:
How do you figure this stuff out? lol[/quote]
I am the all-seer. I watch the dawn rise before the birds rise, I feel the blowing breeze before the leaves move, and I hear the thunderclap before the rain falls.

Or I try to remember to check OP profiles before I reply in most threads, to see age, height, weight, and recent/related posts. Trainer habit. Get as much info and view the big picture before opening my yap. :wink:

What is the point of posting fake info like this? That is what trolling has become now…spending hours acting like you do things you don’t do at all and aren’t even interested in?

[quote]Wahuuga wrote:

[quote]Reed wrote:
Chris I wouldnt bother with this guy its already been determined he is not the sharpest crayon in the cookie jar if you get what Im saying[/quote]

I pondered this for a while.

Beyond that problem with storing your crayons in a cookie jar, I am unsure if a sharpened crayon is superior to a blunt one?[/quote]

This honestly made me laugh.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]chobbs wrote:
How do you figure this stuff out? lol[/quote]
I am the all-seer. I watch the dawn rise before the birds rise, I feel the blowing breeze before the leaves move, and I hear the thunderclap before the rain falls.

Or I try to remember to check OP profiles before I reply in most threads, to see age, height, weight, and recent/related posts. Trainer habit. Get as much info and view the big picture before opening my yap. ;)[/quote]
I wanna learn!

settle down bro just asking for some advice joined it ages ago and didnt entry shit seriously. Im 6’1 and 205lbs. I had a shoulder injury recently but am trying to write up some programs that i can use when im back in the weights. N sorry bout the past posts they were mostly diet related but ive learnt a lot since then.

But ye dont think its right to have a go at my intelligence just trying to learn brah off people that have some more knowledge than me