Cheney, War Criminal?

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
From bits and pieces I’ve heard about his book (INCLUDING Fox); he seems to be throwing more of his Administration under the bus than he is “lefties”.

Mufasa[/quote]

That’s certainly not surprising.

[quote]Cortes wrote:
There is not a single European country that would have the balls to so much as lay a finger on Cheney even if he personally flew to that country, stepped off the plane, took down his pants, gyrated his crotch and waved his dick in a circle while crying “Come at me brah!”

None. Not one country.

Any talk of this happening (as if current US heads of state would allow it and set that precedent for themselves?!) is the sound of a chihuahua yipping at a pit bull. From the inside of a house. While being held by a blue haired old lady. With bars on the windows and a locked door. [/quote]

HaHa!

GREAT stuff, Cortez! (And I agree!)

Mufasa

[quote]Cortes wrote:

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
From bits and pieces I’ve heard about his book (INCLUDING Fox); he seems to be throwing more of his Administration under the bus than he is “lefties”.

Mufasa[/quote]

That’s certainly not surprising. [/quote]

Curious, Cortez. Why do you so?

Mufasa

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

[quote]Cortes wrote:

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

Mufasa[/quote]

That’s certainly not surprising. [/quote]

Curious, Cortez. Why do you so?

Mufasa[/quote]

He was at odds with the Bush administration since just before Bush’s second term, so far as I remember. I can remember reading stories of disagreements or some such between him and them.

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]jre67t wrote:
War crimes for what? [/quote]

Just part of the lawfare approach of the hard leftists — just make up crap, law and reason notwithstanding.

His only “crime” is daring to stand up to islamic fascism and being of the wrong political party. Islamists and political whores on the left unite to attack a common enemy.

It’s like being Jewish and refusing to have your head chopped off — that’s a war crime, too, apparently.[/quote]

Given the leftist logic in this thread, I guess I should be brought up on charges of war crimes.

Torture? That’s the stupidest shit I’ve ever heard. Pouring water in someone’s face is torture? When we start pulling out fingernails with pliers and cutting people heads off, then we’ll be talking torture. Until the STFU.

[quote]NvrTooLate wrote:

Given the leftist logic in this thread, I guess I should be brought up on charges of war crimes. [/quote]

Well, Democrat “Turbin” Durbin certainly falsely accused several Marines of war crimes for his own political gain, so, yes, you’re correctly.

(Said Marines being 100% acquited of all wrongdoing, but were incarcerated for some time, careers ruined, and I believe all left the Marine Corp. in disgust.)

Great post Jewbacca. It’s kind like the EPA going after that guitar company for importing foreign wood. A selective choice of laws when it benefits the right people. The democrats.

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]jre67t wrote:

Just part of the lawfare approach of the hard leftists — just make up crap, law and reason notwithstanding.

His only “crime” is daring to stand up to islamic fascism and being of the wrong political party. Islamists and political whores on the left unite to attack a common enemy.

It’s like being Jewish and refusing to have your head chopped off — that’s a war crime, too, apparently.[/quote]

The law, is the law, is the law.

Maybe you prefer elected dictators, or jackbooted thugs who make their own rules as they go along, but that does not bode well for people of your religious persuasion.

But then again, an orthodox Jew worshiping at the altar of the state, why, you exotic little butterfly you!

[quote]NvrTooLate wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]jre67t wrote:

Given the leftist logic in this thread, I guess I should be brought up on charges of war crimes. [/quote]

The “rule of law” is leftist !?!

Please, pray tell, what would be the “right” approach ?

[quote]reddog6376 wrote:
Torture? That’s the stupidest shit I’ve ever heard. Pouring water in someone’s face is torture? When we start pulling out fingernails with pliers and cutting people heads off, then we’ll be talking torture. Until the STFU.[/quote]

If it was torture when the Japanese did it to US soldiers and they were killed for it, it is torture now.

So unless you had your drowning reflex triggered and actually enjoyed it or think that Americans are higher beings that operate under different rules ( a divine mandate perhaps ?), please, STFU.

[quote]Cortes wrote:
There is not a single European country that would have the balls to so much as lay a finger on Cheney even if he personally flew to that country, stepped off the plane, took down his pants, gyrated his crotch and waved his dick in a circle while crying “Come at me brah!”

None. Not one country.

Any talk of this happening (as if current US heads of state would allow it and set that precedent for themselves?!) is the sound of a chihuahua yipping at a pit bull. From the inside of a house. While being held by a blue haired old lady. With bars on the windows and a locked door. [/quote]

Well, I can only commend you for not sugarcoating the whole “might makes right” stuff, I hope you will be able to stick to your firm convictions when the US is no longer top dog.

I am entertained at the sheer thought of it.

[quote]Chushin wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:
If it was torture when the Japanese did it to US soldiers and they were killed for it, it is torture now.
.[/quote]

There was a time when rape could result in capital punishment in the US.

I guess standards can change.

Imagine that.[/quote]

Oh yes and its so convenient when you can change them when you just got caught raping someone.

Of course, millions of useful idiots that cheer you on and defend you while you anally pile drive your victim might be quite an experience too, if you are so inclined that is.

[quote]Chushin wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

I am entertained at the sheer thought of it.[/quote]

The essence of Orion’s long and inglorious posting history, distilled for all to see.

[/quote]

The essence of a Chushins long and inglorious posting history, distilled for all to see.

@Orion

You know you won’t change any minds. Might makes right is THE philosophy, when you are the mighty one. Which doesn’t stop US right-wing war mongers bitch and whine when they happen to be at the receiving end.
Or when someone else is doing the bulling (Russia vs. Georgia 2008, for example, the whole US media suddenly turned to watery-eyed pacifists)

Unfortunately, US power is slowly (slowly!) declining. If you want to keep being in charge, you need friends. And except European Union, you don’t have that many.

[quote]MaliMedved wrote:

Unfortunately, US power is slowly (slowly!) declining. If you want to keep being in charge, you need friends. And except European Union, you don’t have that many.[/quote]

Chaotic systems.

They do not erode slowly over time, they slowly, slowly, slowly, dip…

… and then come down in an instant.

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]jre67t wrote:

The law, is the law, is the law.

Maybe you prefer elected dictators, or jackbooted thugs who make their own rules as they go along, but that does not bode well for people of your religious persuasion.

But then again, an orthodox Jew worshiping at the altar of the state, why, you exotic little butterfly you!
[/quote]
So when did the US have to follow any international law? Or any other country for that matter. If Congress doesn’t pass a law and the President stamp it backing an international measure, there is no law in the US making something illegal. Some treaties that have been ratified may have some force of US law but this is still dubious and the supreme court has refused to hear many cases on it.

This is what causes issues for example when US citizens commit sex crimes in Thailand that are not or at least at one point were not criminalized. Or how the great state of Texas used the death penalty on the Mexican national that suddenly found his Mexican citizenship at the 11th hour in a desperate attempt to save himself. International law and often crimes committed internationally have little to no standing as US law.