T Nation

Chemistry Question For Cy

Somebody please give me the low down on 17a-Methyl-etioallocholane-z-ene-17b-ol

I’ve got a track athlete wondering if it’s the relatively similiar to superdrol, or if this compound is an actual anabolic agent as well

all help will be appreciated

[quote]hoosierdaddy wrote:
Somebody please give me the low down on 17a-Methyl-etioallocholane-z-ene-17b-ol

I’ve got a track athlete wondering if it’s the relatively similiar to superdrol, or if this compound is an actual anabolic agent as well

all help will be appreciated[/quote]

Hi hoosierdaddy,

I’m assuming whomever made the product was either being a bit lazy or purposely left some things out. As it stands, you have a basic steroid skeleton with methyl groups at the C-10 and C-13 (i.e., androstane or etioallcholane) with a hydroxyl group at the C-17, as well as a methyl group. It’s indicating there’s a double bond, but does not specify where. According to the naming here or rather, the lack thereof, this molecule also lacks an oxygen atom at the C-3, which would make it a weak androgen (if at all) as both that and either a keto or hydroxyl group at the C-17 are necessary for androgenic activity.

I’ve never seen the structure of androgen used in the Superdrol product so I have no idea if the systematic name above is close to it or not.