Chelation

I am considering Chelation Therapy. It is where they take a blood test, determine in which vitamins you are deficient, then give you an IV with those vitamins. Some swear by it. Sounds like BS to me. Any thoughts?

Not exactly how it works. Its effectiveness is controversial (at best). Start by telling me why you are thinking of having it and perhaps I can direct you.

I have an M.D. acquaintance who uses this therapy/treatment often in her practice. The people she’s treating have typically been through the rung of doctors and come to her as a last hope…It’s amazing the % of people that respond dramtically to this and other alternative treatments.

I first heard about chelation as a standard technique for removing heavy metals from the blood stream, but then I read some website that denounced it as quackery. (Perhaps there is an accepted, conventional use, and then a unconventional, controversial use.) Well, I think there are a number of alternative treatments that actually work but are misudnerstood and denounced, so I’d be open to chelation if I were one of those people on his or her last hope. Cranio-sacral therapy is a treatment a colleague of mine has seen clear up chronic headaches when everything else has failed, but then I read a website that denounces it as quackery. Well, even if it is a placebo, it is ultimately worth it if you get better. I’d do a ton of research on chelation and exhaust conventional methods first. (There is a reason conventional methods are the first resort, after all.) If nothing conventional works and the cost and risk/return ratio is favorable, I’d seriously consider chelation. After all, if you listened to the conventional medical “wisdom” on steriods, you’d think a couple of cycles would kill you! (Try telling your doc you’re thinking of using AD4, hehehe…)

Chelation is a recognized therapy for lead poisoning. That is removes other heavy metals should not be a surprise. Why are such things denounced as quackery? They cost the medical establishment a lot of money when their would-be patients go elsewhere. If so-called quackery was really quackery, the so-called quacks would quickly go out of business. Unfortunately for the AMA and its drug-producing allies, so-called quackery is a real treatment with real results. The AMA war on chiropractors is a good example. If chiropractors really did nothing, chiropractic patients would flock back to the MDs. Since the opposite is true, the AMA tried for years to ban the chiropractors. And before that, the podiatrists, and before that, the optometrists, and before that, the dentists.