Chek Press?

Could somebody tell me how low you are supposed to go with your elbows during the lowering phase?

To horizontal, followed by moving them in a horizontal plane forward, or, further down so that the weights are at shoulder level and your elbows move up and forward to horizontal at the beginning of the raising phase?

TIA
TQB

[quote]TQB wrote:
Could somebody tell me how low you are supposed to go with your elbows during the lowering phase?

To horizontal, followed by moving them in a horizontal plane forward, or, further down so that the weights are at shoulder level and your elbows move up and forward to horizontal at the beginning of the raising phase?

TIA
TQB[/quote]

Check out this video:

[quote]John Cowell wrote:
TQB wrote:

TIA
TQB

Check out this video:

Thank you, horizontal it is. But to add to my confusion, my understanding was that you did them in the opposite direction, i.e. raising from the forward position :*)

This is how Paul showed them to me many years ago.

Horse own mouth, indeed

Thanks again

TQB

Mystery solved: Alwyn C called them “reverse Chek presses” previously, but in the “New rules…” book, he changed the name to “Chek presses”

Anyway, that what I do:-)