T Nation

Cheese + Meat = Not Good?

Claim : eating cheese and meat in the same meal is not good

Source: random people who don’t know nothing about nutrition

It sounds like a myth but I post the question because I’ve heard this so many times that eventually I was wondering if there’s some truth in it.
How does this myth started ? People who believe this,usually say that the two types of proteins can’t mix or something…

Thanks.

I haven’t heard of anything like this…

I mean what is an omelette?(sp) lol

It’s just fat and protein?

I eat cheese on my eggs every now and then because I like the flavor and added calories. lol

DG

It depends on the cheese.

A lot of cheeses are so high in fat as to be truly junky foods (unless being eaten in sufficiently small quantities with an otherwise lower-fat-than-planned meal to get things rounded out).

So if already having a high-fat meat meal due to using a high-fat cut or grind of meat, instead of something like 98/2 ground beef or lower fat grass-fed steaks, then yes topping that off with a high fat cheese throws the macronutrient balance even more out of whack.

However, where is the sense that if the macronutrient balance is good – for example, combining a lower fat or no-fat cheese with moderate or low-fat meat – that somehow there is magically a problem from meat and cheese being consumed at the same time?

It’s not good if you’re not a fan of things that are delicious.

I had a piece of cheddar and a roasted HUGE chicken drumstick today for one of my P+F meals :smiley:

OM NOM NOM NOM

[quote]Horazio wrote:
Claim : eating cheese and meat in the same meal is not good

Source: random people who don’t know nothing about nutrition

It sounds like a myth but I post the question because I’ve heard this so many times that eventually I was wondering if there’s some truth in it.
How does this myth started ? People who believe this,usually say that the two types of proteins can’t mix or something…

Thanks.[/quote]

I thought the separating meat and cheese thing was mostly a Jewish/kosher thing, done for religious purposes, not nutritional purposes.

Cheese + Meat = maybe the greatest meals ever.

I think Im going to have some grilled chicken and cheese right now…

you’re outcho fuckin mind.

summer sausage and the most expensive fatty cheese i can find is my meal when i say “fuck cooking”.

[quote]theAnj wrote:
Horazio wrote:
Claim : eating cheese and meat in the same meal is not good

Source: random people who don’t know nothing about nutrition

It sounds like a myth but I post the question because I’ve heard this so many times that eventually I was wondering if there’s some truth in it.
How does this myth started ? People who believe this,usually say that the two types of proteins can’t mix or something…

Thanks.

I thought the separating meat and cheese thing was mostly a Jewish/kosher thing, done for religious purposes, not nutritional purposes. [/quote]

Yeh i think they have separate plates and cutlery for dairy and meat if i remember a conversation i once had with a jewish girl so that might be where it came from

[quote]Arnold_fan wrote:
theAnj wrote:
Horazio wrote:
Claim : eating cheese and meat in the same meal is not good

Source: random people who don’t know nothing about nutrition

It sounds like a myth but I post the question because I’ve heard this so many times that eventually I was wondering if there’s some truth in it.
How does this myth started ? People who believe this,usually say that the two types of proteins can’t mix or something…

Thanks.

I thought the separating meat and cheese thing was mostly a Jewish/kosher thing, done for religious purposes, not nutritional purposes.

Yeh i think they have separate plates and cutlery for dairy and meat if i remember a conversation i once had with a jewish girl so that might be where it came from

[/quote]

Bacon cheeseburgers are probably out.

[quote]msd0060 wrote:
you’re outcho fuckin mind.

summer sausage and the most expensive fatty cheese i can find is my meal when i say “fuck cooking”.[/quote]

glad I’m not the only one who loves this

They need to make genetically engineered chickens, or cheesgins, if you will, that produce cheesey eggs.

My life will be complete. . .

Maybe I should pursue a career in genetics. . . :slight_smile:

[quote]Flow wrote:
They need to make genetically engineered chickens, or cheesgins, if you will, that produce cheesey eggs.

My life will be complete. . .

Maybe I should pursue a career in genetics. . . :)[/quote]

Why stop at cheese? Might as well get some spinach and sausage in there too.

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
Flow wrote:
They need to make genetically engineered chickens, or cheesgins, if you will, that produce cheesey eggs.

My life will be complete. . .

Maybe I should pursue a career in genetics. . . :slight_smile:

Why stop at cheese? Might as well get some spinach and sausage in there too.

[/quote]

That makes the idea 1,000,000X better.

rushes to copyright

[quote]Flow wrote:
They need to make genetically engineered chickens, or cheesgins, if you will, that produce cheesey eggs.

My life will be complete. . .

Maybe I should pursue a career in genetics. . . :)[/quote]

Brilliant!

[quote]msd0060 wrote:
you’re outcho fuckin mind.

summer sausage and the most expensive fatty cheese i can find is my meal when i say “fuck cooking”.[/quote]

Yeah, in a pinch, pepperoni and mozzarella works too. Melt them together in the microwave and enjoy.

I can assure you that cheese + meat = very good.

[quote]benmoore wrote:
OM NOM NOM NOM[/quote]

Sounds like some sort of Hindu prayer…

Kidding!

[quote]Makavali wrote:
benmoore wrote:
OM NOM NOM NOM

Sounds like some sort of Hindu prayer…

Kidding![/quote]

Its the sound the cookie monster makes when he eats!

Wow I cant believe i just posted a link to a sesame street video on T-Nation.