Check Out This Gym

Just moved to Pittsburgh, found my new palace of iron just a few miles from my house. Here’s a little motivation to those out there who appreciate this sort of place.

If you’re ever in town look 'em up… Southside Iron Works.

First pic is the “money” equipment.

#2 - the rest of the place

#3 - the big 'bells (up to 130s, not bad for a small gym)

#4 - the “cardio area”

#5 - my favorite pic… even the little dumbells are hardcore… let me assure you there’s nothing pink or rubber-coated in this place.

cool

My dream is your reality.

There’s a great new gym in Pittsburgh. It’s not open to the public yet, but Celli’s Fitness Center is sweet already. Forza bench, monolift, reverse hyper, safety squat bar, kettlebells, bands, chains, etc.

More important than the equipment, the lifters. 530lbs@211 raw bench, pro strongman, 293@103 junior women’s deadlift, multiple 600+ deadlifters.

It’s in Lawrenceville on Spring Way. Ryan’s there on MWF (and I think Sat.) in the evenings.

How much is the monthly fee there? I’m trying to decide between buying more equipment or getting a membership somewhere. thanks.

Nice, just got to get rid of the mirrors and play some hard metal.

Awesome looking gym… I really wish mine had a power rack and a proper deadlift/olympic lift platform.

[quote]jdr23 wrote:
How much is the monthly fee there? I’m trying to decide between buying more equipment or getting a membership somewhere. thanks.[/quote]

You can buy all the equipment you want, but there’s stuff you can’t buy: the attitude, experience, and knowledge of people who are at the top of their game. I used to think it wasn’t necessary, but having guys around that know how to get you to the next level helps tremendously.

For me at least, I can bust my ass as hard as I need to by myself, but having others around helping with technique, planning, etc. really helps.

I’m not sure who you’re asking about price, but Celli’s is about $40/month

I just found a nice little gym in mpls that has a GHR and chains and only 25 a month, so I am ditching lifetime fitness. I am psyched to switch gyms.

[quote]johnnytang24 wrote:
jdr23 wrote:

You can buy all the equipment you want, but there’s stuff you can’t buy:

I’m not sure who you’re asking about price, but Celli’s is about $40/month[/quote]

Southside is about the same. $42/month. It’s on the south shore at 23rd Street.

Does anyone know when Celli’s will be open to the public? Will they offer yearly memberships? Also, does the southside gym offer a yearly or six month membership? Does it get crowded?

I used to go to University of Pittsburgh Trees Hall which was great, but my workout buddy graduated and my girlfriend started working out with me, and she’s not a student. I started going to East End Fitness in Regent Square, but I don’t like their benches, the weights are too far from the power rack, and they don’t allow the use of chalk, so I’m looking for a new gym.

[quote]johnnytang24 wrote:
There’s a great new gym in Pittsburgh. It’s not open to the public yet, but Celli’s Fitness Center is sweet already. Forza bench, monolift, reverse hyper, safety squat bar, kettlebells, bands, chains, etc.

More important than the equipment, the lifters. 530lbs@211 raw bench, pro strongman, 293@103 junior women’s deadlift, multiple 600+ deadlifters.

It’s in Lawrenceville on Spring Way. Ryan’s there on MWF (and I think Sat.) in the evenings.[/quote]

I heard about that place from a guy at the MASC.

That was a couple of months ago, but I guess the place has come together, huh?

looks like a pretty nice gym.

[quote]jlesk68 wrote:
Nice, just got to get rid of the mirrors and play some hard metal.[/quote]

How are you supposed to get freaky muscle definition if you can’t see your fibers contracting in a mirror?

[quote]Ryan Celli wrote:
looks like a pretty nice gym.

What’s up Ryan!

Celli’s Fitness is the best gym I’ve ever lifted in. They have a bunch of strong lifters, top notch equipment (mono, 3 racks, squat stand, comp. benches, GHR, rev. hyper, KBs, ect.), and the owners are awesome. Overall a great environment for getting bigger and stronger.

Seriously, if you’re in the Pittsburgh area, and you’re not happy with your gym, Celli’s should be your next stop.

The only thing I dont like about that gym is those dumbells. The rubber ones take up so much space doing anything its fucking ridiculous. But besides that looks nice guy, great looking atmosphere.