Check Out This Bench Arch!

- YouTube

wow!

is that even a legal press? i thought your butt needs to be on the bench

[quote]dpower wrote:
is that even a legal press? i thought your butt needs to be on the bench[/quote]

It is.

Is that amazing flexibility or genetics that allow increased extension?

holy fuck, that looks dangerous lol

Painful too.

Probably wasn’t, but it looked so.

I think I herniated a disc just by watching that.

Hell of an advantage, I guess. He barely got his upper arms parallel to the floor. As ridiculous as it looked (IMO) it’s still a legal 345 @ 148, 2.33xbw.

I cringed when I saw that.

notice he’s also using a suicide grip… this is a disaster waiting to happen

That’s insane. My friend can arch over a foam roller without touching it, but that…

…that’s just insane.

Wow, if he put on some weight and maintained his flexibility he’d only have to lower the bar and inch or two

I guess he’s gonna get hurt soon.

WHAT.THE.FUCK?

talk about optimization!

His stroke is still pretty long considering his arch is so freakish.

[quote]Dominator wrote:
His stroke is still pretty long considering his arch is so freakish.[/quote]

HAHA, stroke…

Gumby?

What a fucking freak.

I can’t even take that lift seriously. Let’s see him press with his back on the bench.

[quote]Polish Rifle wrote:
Gumby?

What a fucking freak.

I can’t even take that lift seriously. Let’s see him press with his back on the bench.

[/quote]

he’d probaly look like one of those guys you see at the gym who unrack the benchpress, take it down three inches and rack it.

Holy crap…it looks like he is bending himself in half!!

He still has a very long stroke, skinny lifters really need to work on their arch to lift the big weights, especially if they have longish arms…

That guy does yoga/contortion and according to something i read on another forum.

It’s hard to believe that a thick, jacked mesomorph like that can be so flexible.

Kidding.

But seriously, that is fucking awesome. I wish I could that. I remember seeing little Kara Bohigian doing shit like. You don’t see arches like that on men too often.

I think it is probably a legit lift. It’s hard to tell from the video if his butt kept some kind of contact. Joe Ladnier is side judging from the looks of it. If Joe gave him the lift, it’s straight. Joe don’t give too many gifts.