Check on my Current Training Program

Hey all,
Posting here because I want to see if there’s anything I can do to improve my current workout plan. Me and my friend made this plan and its based as strength for push/pull/legs mon/tues/wed with some hypertrophy at the end of each strength day. thurs/fri are hypertrophy days upper body/lower body. However note that wed is heavy squats, light deadlift/power work and friday is light squat/power work, heavy deadlift. Also note is this a program we made for being enhanced.

Monday:
Bench Press
Military Press (Preferably seated)
Dumbbell Shoulder Press
Incline Dumbbell Press
Dips
Cable Flys
Lateral Raises Superset with front raises
Front Raises
Skullcrushers
Tricep Pushdowns/Overhead Extensions Superset with kickbacks
Tricep Kickbacks

Everything is 4 sets. First 4 movements on list change the amount of reps each week. 6,5,4 then repeat at the end of 3 weeks. So 1st week is 4 sets of 6, 2nd week is 4 sets of 5 etc…
Dips is 4 sets of max effort
Last 6 movements change the amount of reps each week going 12,10,8.

Tuesday
Bent Over Rows
Shrugs
Weighted Pull-Ups
Tbar Rows
Dumbbell Rows
Lat Pulldowns
Cable Rows
Barbell Curls Superset with hammers
Hammer Curls
Seated or Preacher Curls

4 sets of each movement
1st 5 movements follow the same amount of rep changes each week like we did on Monday. 6,5,4
Last 4 movements are the same as last couple on monday. 12,10,8. 4 sets of 12 the first week. 4 sets of 10 the next week. Just making sure everyone understand what I am trying to say.
Hammer curls should be more of a cheat curls
Preacher curls should be AMRAP

Wednesday
Squats
Deadlifts/Good Mornings/Romain Deadlift
Leg Press
Leg Extensions
Hamstring Curls
Seated Calves

All sets of 4.
First 3 movements again follow 6,5,4
Last 3 movements go 12,10,8

Thursday
Dumbbell Bench
Arnold Press
Bent Over Rows
Shrugs
Chest Machine
Cable Lateral Raises
Lat Pulldowns
Single Arm Pec Deck
Single Arm Tricep Pushdowns Superset with one of the curls
Hammer Curls
Concentration Curls

All sets of 4 and all follow 12,10,8 each week.

Friday
Deadlifts
Squat power work (Bands etc…)
Leg Press
Hamstring Leg Press
Single Leg Extensions Superset
Single Leg Hamstring Curls
Leg Extensions Superset
Hamstring Curls
Seated Calves
Lower Back Work

All sets of 4.
Everything but deadlift follows 12,10,8 deadlift goes 6,5,4

How can I improve this? Keeping in mind that this was built as a combination of a strength and size workout plan.

I feel like I need to add 1-2 sets on the heavy back day for those low reps because my back isn’t responding as much anymore. I also add in drop and rest pause sets when I feel like I need to.

Thanks for any input!

Delicious, I too like romaine more than iceberg.

4 Likes

I think you missed a few exercises.

Throw it out. Successful professionals have written free programs that have those goals in mind. Do one of those.

2 Likes

No just no

1 Like

Why no? Just saying no doesn’t help

So you have to be a successful professional to make a program? whats wrong with it

No not at all, but successful professionals have spent a long time making, tweaking and implementing these programs for years improving their own and their clientele performance before they release them to the public.

I doubt John meadows was just sitting there with his buddy and thought "hmm I’m gunna write a program up that doesn’t even make sense with no volume/deload/strength phasing and label it as only someone who is using AAS will make the most gAiNzz out of it’s

Look, at the end of the day if you want to run your own program, do it. No body is gunna stop you, it’s just chances are that 90% of the people on here are gunna tell you “looks shit, doesn’t make sense (you say everything has 4 sets up only list rep ranges as 12/10/8 etc… That’s 3…) and it’s movement selection overload”
Hey, if it works. You post some decent before and after pictures and you get a few of your mates to run it with similar success, maybe you’re onto a winner.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply I appreciate it. Sorry my set and reps weren’t clear. When I say 4 sets and it goes 12,10,8 each week. What I mean is 1st week is 4 sets of 12, 2nd week is 4 sets of 10, third week is 4 sets of 8 and then repeat. Sorry I thought I made that clear.

Would you run a program by:
A) someone who has coached thousands of others and helped them reach their goals
B) someone who doesn’t have enough good judgment to pick a program from someone who gets paid to do it over someone who doesn’t know their head from their ass?

soooooooo much volume !!!

You’ve got a ton of repetitive exercises within the same workout, and it looks like you just threw every possible exercise that you might want to do onto a sheet. You’re most likely going to overdo it in a major way doing like 10+ exercises five days a week. There’s no reason to put a barbell overhead press and dumbbell overhead press in the same workout. Also, having BORs, T bar Rows, cable rows, weighted pull ups, and lat pulldowns in addition to three different types of curls in the same workout just isn’t smart. Maybe you’ll make progress for a little while, but there’s a great chance that you don’t. You don’t need anywhere near that much stuff to make progress.

1 Like

Because…it sums up my feeling regarding what you came up with . Besides I’m sure others will advice you of any possible issues with it.