T Nation

Check My Workout Plan and Supps

hello,

well im 17 years old and weigh about 133 pounds…ive been working out since January of 06…ive stopped working out around June-July and now im getting back to working out…i need you guys to critque my supplements and my workout plan…

so i was wondering if the supplements im about to take is good for me

Dymatize BCAA Complex 2200
AST MultiPro 32X
SAN Triple Strength Fish Fats
Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard
ast micronized creatine

well my goal is to get big by the end of the year and weigh atleast 160 pounds by July of 07…

also ive been taking creatine before but ive stopped…now i plan to take creatine but i dont know…its cuz i have weight training for 1st period and i dont want to take creatine after 1st period because i always have to use the restroom constantly and the teachers limits us on going to the restroom…

so is it ok to take my supps like this:

well after my workout ill take my bcaa’s, multi vitamin’s, and my protein…than at lunch ill take the fish oils…then after school ill take another protein with creatine because i dont want to go pee crazy in school…then before bed ill take protein again…

Well now its my workout plan:

well my workout plan goes like this but changes 3 times…like in a pattern of

week 1: 12031
week 2: 23012
week 3: 31023

0= “break”
1= “chest/shoulders/triceps”
2= “back/biceps”
3= “legs/abs”

Training Log Week #1

Mon-Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
-Bench press (3 sets of 8)
-Incline Dumbbell Press (3 sets of 8)
-Lateral raises (3 sets of 10)
-Dumbbell shrugs (3 sets of 10)
-Dips (2 sets of as many as possible)

Tues- Back/Biceps
-Bent-Over Barbell Rows (3 sets of 10)
-Upright Rows (3 sets of 10)
-Deadlifts (3 sets of 10)
-Barbell curls (3 sets of 10)
-Seated Barbell Curls (2 sets of 8)

Wed- OFF

Thurs- Legs/Abs
-Squats (3 sets of 8)
-Leg Presses (3 sets of 10)
-Leg Press Calf Raise (2 sets of 8)
-Decline Crunches Weighted (2 sets of 25)
-Oblique Decline Crunches (2 sets of 25)

Fri-Chest/Shoulders/Triceps

Sat & Sun- Off

[quote]UnknownWarrior wrote:
hello,

well im 17 years old and weigh about 133 pounds…ive been working out since January of 06…ive stopped working out around June-July and now im getting back to working out…i need you guys to critque my supplements and my workout plan…

so i was wondering if the supplements im about to take is good for me

Dymatize BCAA Complex 2200
AST MultiPro 32X
SAN Triple Strength Fish Fats
Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard
ast micronized creatine

well my goal is to get big by the end of the year and weigh atleast 160 pounds by July of 07…

also ive been taking creatine before but ive stopped…now i plan to take creatine but i dont know…its cuz i have weight training for 1st period and i dont want to take creatine after 1st period because i always have to use the restroom constantly and the teachers limits us on going to the restroom…

so is it ok to take my supps like this:

well after my workout ill take my bcaa’s, multi vitamin’s, and my protein…than at lunch ill take the fish oils…then after school ill take another protein with creatine because i dont want to go pee crazy in school…then before bed ill take protein again…

Well now its my workout plan:

well my workout plan goes like this but changes 3 times…like in a pattern of

week 1: 12031
week 2: 23012
week 3: 31023

0= “break”
1= “chest/shoulders/triceps”
2= “back/biceps”
3= “legs/abs”

Training Log Week #1

Mon-Chest/Shoulders/Triceps

Tues- Back/Biceps
-Bent-Over Barbell Rows (3 sets of 10)
-Upright Rows (3 sets of 10)
-Deadlifts (3 sets of 10)
-Barbell curls (3 sets of 10)
-Seated Barbell Curls (2 sets of 8)

Wed- OFF

Thurs- Legs/Abs
-Squats (3 sets of 8)
-Leg Presses (3 sets of 10)
-Leg Press Calf Raise (2 sets of 8)
-Decline Crunches Weighted (2 sets of 25)
-Oblique Decline Crunches (2 sets of 25)

Fri-Chest/Shoulders/Triceps

Sat & Sun- Off
[/quote]

Dude, it’s unfortunate someone didn’t respond to this earlier. Or maybe you reposted.

As far as your supplements are concerned personally I feel that they are decent choices. Below is my personal opinion.

AST’s multi is by far the best. Make sure you do take it twice a day as it prescribes.

AST’s micronized creatine is also very good. But if you have an intolerance to creatine (eg. gastrointestinal stress; the shits, upset stomach, etc) which I do as well then really I see no use in using it. Some people do not respond to creatine and the major reason is this.

To be honest the only way I’ve been able to take a creatine product (and I’ve literally tried dozens to find one that works but doesn’t give the stomach problem side effect) is by using Kre-Alkalyn (which is creatine monohydrate just at a different PH balance). I use 2 caps pre-workout and 2 caps post-workout. While it does provide only 60% of the benefits (stength) of taking 10-15g of powdered creatine each day, I find next to zero side effects. I can accept that.

SAN is decent for stuff but I find thier products a bit pricey. And with you being in school there is just a better way to do it. So drop their fish fats product.
Go to your health food store and buy Udo’s Choice Oil (flax, saw and sunflower blend of oils). Yes, oil. Take 2 tablespoons a day (one with your multi @ breakfast and the other with your second AST multi at dinner). This will give you 27g of good fats and a decent amount of good calories to help you gain.
A $20 500mL bottle will last you nearly a month. It can taste a bit nasty but just chase it down with some juice and the taste is gone.

Optimum’s Whey Gold Standard is okay too. It’s cheap, that’s for sure. It’s decent protein. But in all reality you are better off and will get twice the results from taking a hydrolyzed whey protein pre and post workout (be it AST’s VP2 which is my preferred or Biotest’s Surge) and the rest of the time sticking with a micellar casein or regular casien protein product such as Metabolic Drive. I’m serious when I say that in the long run this will give you double the effects of the cheaper ON whey.

If it’s shear mass you want too, I would highly recommend a serving of AST’s Muscle XGF product right before bed. I’ve steadily put on 1.5 pounds per month of lean mass over the past 5 months I’ve been using it in this fashion. I used to just have ON whey before bed. As a side note it has 3g of Creatine Monohydrate. And I get no stomach upset when it’s in their Muscle XGF shake. Just that one before bed is all you need because it’s sorta pricey to be using more than that.

I would drop the BCAA product as well. If you’re taking in enough protein powder and eating enough protein from foods there’s just no justification on the price.

Your workout program seems good too. Consistancy in your workouts and not missing any as well as constantly challenging yourself (be it more weight or more reps with that heavy weight) is also key. Don’t stick with one program for too too long. But also don’t make the mistake of switching programs every time you read some new article. Give a program (whichever you choose) an earnest effort for 10 weeks. Then go on. Cycle between 2 or 3 that you find work for you.

One thing that was missed in your post was food/nutrition. You can take all the supplements you want but if your diet is not there and the food choices you make are poor you’re simply wasting A LOT of money on supplements. They are called such because they “supplement”(add on) to the good stuff of a good eating plan.
Basics:
-small, frequent meals
-most important times to feed (when you wake, post workout and right before bed)
-high protein, multitude of sources
-tons of fibrous veggies (I like the ease of frozen veggies; pop in microwave to heat up and down two cups with 4 of your 6 meals); exception could be yams (sweet potatoes); they’re okay every once in a while
-whole grains (quinoa is best in my books, oats, brown rice, millet, etc are also good)
-pass on pasta (unless it’s high fibre, whole grain and you’re sticking to the serving size on box), white rice, white potatoes, juices, high sugar anything, most protein bars, etc, etc.
-get good fats (nuts, seeds, Udo’s Choice oil, lean meats, avacado’s, fish, etc)

Hope that helps.

thanks for the help man after a very long time waiting for a reply…i appreciate it…