T Nation

Check My Squat

Hit this last night, not an all time PR but the best I’ve done recently. Low bar, 275x2, probably would have dropped the third. Anything I need to work on or be careful of? What’s good? What’s bad? Ugly? Thanks a ton

Looks good man. It appears that is near your 2-3 rep max, so with that said, you look like you have good control of the weight (not shifting, falling forward, et cetera).

Great job!

So I’m guessing by the lack of replies I’m doing okay (minus being a weak beeiotch). Lol

Maybe it’s just me or the angle of the video, but it looks like you’re stopping an inch or 2 above parallel. It might be just because of how heavy the weight was, or I might be seeing things.

[quote]Full Metal wrote:
Maybe it’s just me or the angle of the video, but it looks like you’re stopping an inch or 2 above parallel. It might be just because of how heavy the weight was, or I might be seeing things.
[/quote]
This is just my opinion-- I used to be all about ass-to-grass squats or super judgmental on someone’s depth. Personally, if someone is getting there or pretty damn close with solid form I don’t really see a problem if there goal is to simply get stronger and build muscle. I’m not the squat depth police. If he wants to push it lower in the future he most certainly has the option. If he wanted to compete that MIGHT be an issue. For now, his depth is fine and his squats look really solid-- again perhaps my exclusive opinion.