Check my Form for Decline Flyes?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6w291ndle03qyxb/2012-10-28%2013.06.59.3gp

Someone told me once to try not bend my elbows too much cause then I get more stretch and use my pec’s more than my triceps, but most other guys seem to bend there elbows more… what do you guys recommend?

Not wasting your time doing decline flies… just my reccomendation.

I know its unusual, but I have mild pectus excavatum, a skeletal condition effecting the sternum, So my lower inner pec is really underdeveloped because the bone goes inward. my upper pec is much more developed. So I don’t really see it as a waste of time and have seen the improvements.

Has anyone got anything helpful to say?

I don’t see the stretch nor the squeeze. How do you expect to stimulate your pecs if you don’t activate them?

Either the weight is too heavy for you or you’re relatively new to weight lifting. Huge lack of control of the exercise from what I can see. If it’s the latter I wouldn’t worry about the flies much for now.

I personally don’t bother w/ dumbbell flies anymore; I feel cable flies 100x better.

To answer your question, I prefer a slight elbow bend to save my shoulders.

I don’t have a big problem with decline flies, but you might want to make the decline much steeper, and limit the range of motion, like from 9 and 3 to 11 and 1 (if you get the clock reference). When you get up to the middle, you are just balancing the the db’s and all the tension is off the pec. That’s why a cable machine is much better. Just put the pulleys up as high as possible and fly down to your waist. Same thing but better.
And to echo: squeeze the pec, keep your elbows locked and straight. If you can’t do that, it’s too much weight.

I wish I was comfortable enough with my upper chest to focus on decline exercises, if you’re gonna do a fly do a GD incline one.

[quote]Reed wrote:
Not wasting your time doing decline flies… just my reccomendation.[/quote]

LOL exactly.

BTW I never saw check-my-decline-flies-form-thread-type NEVER

your bench press form is in check right???

[quote]The-German wrote:
Either the weight is too heavy for you or you’re relatively new to weight lifting. Huge lack of control of the exercise from what I can see. If it’s the latter I wouldn’t worry about the flies much for now.

I personally don’t bother w/ dumbbell flies anymore; I feel cable flies 100x better.

To answer your question, I prefer a slight elbow bend to save my shoulders.[/quote]

x2

OP should perform decline bench instead of decline flyes. Probably time better used .