T Nation

Check My Diet/Routine

Last Routine: Waterbury's SOB Training(3x per week @ 8x3 85% 1RM)

Current Routine: Rippetoe's Beginner's Strength(3x per week @ 3x5 compound lifts)

Diet:

wake up: 3 pieces lean chicken dipped in egg and breaded fried in olive oil, 30-40 leaves of raw spinach

lunch: 3-4 pieces lean chicken dipped in egg and breaded fried in olive oil, 8-10 spears asparagus steamed or fried in olive oil

snack: 3 handfuls of blueberries

dinner: 3-4 pieces lean chicken dipped in egg and breaded fried in olive oil, 30-40 leaves of raw spinach

post-lift: 3-4 pieces lean chicken dipped in egg and breaded fried in olive oil, 30-40 leaves of raw spinach

pre-bed: shake, 1 cup skim milk, 2 scoops all natural pb, 1.5 scoops whey, iced cubes, blend...

I drink about 1.5-2 gallons of water, 2 cups of green tea per day

supplements: fish oil and multi-vitamin 3x per day

stats: lifting total for 1.5 years, seriously for the past 7 months,

weight: 220 lbs, height: 6'3"

So you like the fried foods, eh?

Is this a typical day, or about the same everyday? Me thinks your lacking a variety of foods. Your pre-bed should be your post-lift instead. How many calories is this?

Your routine is … quite possibly the greatest ever!

[quote]TheDudeAbides wrote:

Your routine is … quite possibly the greatest ever![/quote]

No points awarded. Biased opinion.

Not enough variety. You can’t eat the same thing all the time. That leaves gaps in your nutrition and will slow down your progress. Plus it’s boring. You won’t be able to sustain it.

Stu

What are your goals? What is the total amount of calories / macros? To give any answers other than the ones already given by Stu, we need more information.

[quote]CthruPants wrote:
TheDudeAbides wrote:

No points awarded. Biased opinion.[/quote]

I don’t even get reps?!

CthruPants wrote:
TheDudeAbides wrote:

No points awarded. Biased opinion.

I don’t even get reps?!

[/quote]

Let’s see some updates to your 10x3. Then we’ll talk.

In about 20 minutes I do my second workout. Wednesday was jump rope.

/hijack

i used to eat all natural pb sandwiches, wild salmon, tuna fish, eggs, but I’ve gotten sick of all of them. I don’t like them anymore…

I eat chicken bc it seems like the only food i still like!

That’s fine. I mean really. I had the same ham and cheese omelet for breakfast and salad for lunch for 10 months straight.

That’s fine. I mean really. I had the same ham and cheese omelet for breakfast and salad for lunch for 10 months straight.[/quote]

It must have gone bad after a while. :slight_smile:

[quote]stuward wrote:
TheDudeAbides wrote:
That’s fine. I mean really. I had the same ham and cheese omelet for breakfast and salad for lunch for 10 months straight.

It must have gone bad after a while. :)[/quote]

No really, he could be onto a new revolutionary type of diet here.

Ok, pick on the dumb guy ;

update: I eat filet mignon now at least once a day, so I’m eating:

chicken, steak, chicken, steak, …