Check It Out/Think Tank Dialogs

Hey, are you guys reading the ‘Forum Roundtable: Legs’, in the Think-Tank Dialogs?

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=552432

You know, this is just another reason why this site is so freakin’ awesome.

Can you think of any other sites or magazines where they have the balls to let two of their contributors argue over a topic in front of their readers?

Yeah, it makes T-Nation more real, and believable. Props especially to Eric Cressey for having the balls to start an actual discussion instead of saying “yeah, great post”, while actually thinking something else.

Mind you, it soon degenerated into the usual “discussion”, whereby both of them argued a lot and didn’t actually agree on whether tall athletes should train on unstable surfaces or not.

It was a refreshing change, though.

(at least no one asked for a picture)

yea its pretty intense in that thread. got my adrenaline pumping just by reading it. you could cut that tension with a chainsaw.

Props to T-Nation, agreed.

[quote]super saiyan wrote:
Hey, are you guys reading the ‘Forum Roundtable: Legs’, in the Think-Tank Dialogs?

Can you think of any other sites or magazines where they have the balls to let two of their contributors argue over a topic in front of their readers?[/quote]

Unfortunately, we just cancelled the “Think Tank Dialogues” due to a lack of interest!

Too bad we couldn’t have gotten some of this in-fighting earlier! It might have saved the feature.

[quote]Atomic Dog wrote:
super saiyan wrote:

Can you think of any other sites or magazines where they have the balls to let two of their contributors argue over a topic in front of their readers?

Unfortunately, we just cancelled the “Think Tank Dialogues” due to a lack of interest!

Too bad we couldn’t have gotten some of this in-fighting earlier! It might have saved the feature.

[/quote]

TC: Are you serious?!?!?!
Just when it started getting good???

[quote]Atomic Dog wrote:

[/quote]

Lack of interest from who, the readers or contributors? I read and enjoyed all of them, but it seemed like the discussions always petered too soon.

Just my two cents.

Damn…that IS too bad.

I loved those things! I read through all three of the soviet articles that were posted. Heck, I even requested a topic for the legs dialogue.

[quote]Atomic Dog wrote:

[/quote]

This is what happens when you don’t take lessons from Jerry Springer.

That’s a shame. I thought that section was GREAT.

i loved reading the think tank threads =(

[quote]Atomic Dog wrote:
super saiyan wrote:

[/quote]

Did the thousands of views not register? That legs discussion was one of the best threads Ive seen here. Just because Davies got owned doesnt mean you have to take it down.

[quote]Atomic Dog wrote:

Unfortunately, we just cancelled the “Think Tank Dialogues” due to a lack of interest![/quote]

Lame. Very, very lame.

[quote]GqArtguy wrote:
Just because Davies got owned doesnt mean you have to take it down.
[/quote]

We decided to take it down a week ago, along with the unused blogs.

The recent discussions were good, but the section as a whole was idle much of the time.

Still, feel free to post lame conspiracy theories all over the net.

if that’s the case, then continue the debate in one of the public threads and block the peanut gallery.

[quote]boondoc holiday wrote:
if that’s the case, then continue the debate in one of the public threads and block the peanut gallery.[/quote]

That would be great! The contribs are more than welcome to do that (but we won’t block the peanut gallery if they want to contribute too. Well, as long as they realize that “contribute” does not equate to spastic poo flinging.)

[quote]Atomic Dog wrote:

[/quote]

Atomic Dog et al,

By "lack of interest," do you refer to reader hits, or to number of posts by contributers?
      If you refer to lack of reader hits, then all I have to say is that I'm surprised; I read all of them, and don't understand why anyone wouldn't. Each thread was at least the equivalent of another article.
      If you refer to lack of posts, I think I speak for T-Nation when I say that any number of high-quality that your contributers are willing to share is greatly appreciated.   

Yes, it’s a huge conspiracy!

We felt so sorry for Davies that we killed the whole damn thing.

Listen, we rarely got more than 5000 page hits on a single thread. That sucks.

It was just by coincidence that it got juicy the same day Tim asked our programmers to yank the thing.

We also pulled all the blogs, too, except for Chris’.

The guys can continue any discussions on a regular thread, plus that allows you to join in, which, by the way, was a major complaint (another reason we killed it.)