Cheating?

Alright Im trying to live by the 7 habits and then trying to improve from there as far as eating right, I usually eat very well (clean) but I always have a meal on Fri and Sat that i just completely cheat and i eat until I am stuffed. I have and go to Bar-B-Qs, i can control what I eat when its at my house but when i go to other peoples houses is the problem not all of them make xlean burgers and have flank steak available. and i always OD on Brats!.
with all this into the factor I am always offered beer now I keep it to just 3 or 4. My question Does it throw off my training if I eat one or two cheat meals a week it usually is with beer.(3-4)

In all honesty, I think that you are the only one who can fully answer your question. Is your training going as well as you expect? are you reaching your physique goals?

If so, there’s no need to change anything. If not, I’d look into cutting down on the cheat meals. At the very least you should eat them PWO so that they don’t hit you quite as hard.

Also, cheat meals are far less of a problem (and can even be quite advantageous) when bulking but need to be far more carefully monitored when cutting.

[quote]jarvis wrote:
In all honesty, I think that you are the only one who can fully answer your question. Is your training going as well as you expect? [b]are you reaching your physique goals?

If so, there’s no need to change anything.[/b] If not, I’d look into cutting down on the cheat meals. At the very least you should eat them PWO so that they don’t hit you quite as hard.

Also, cheat meals are far less of a problem (and can even be quite advantageous) when bulking but need to be far more carefully monitored when cutting.

[/quote]

I agree with all of this, especially the bold stuff. You can cut the pain of a cheat meal by turning it into the first solid meal post-training. Try to grab a decent workout 2 hours-or so before your splurge.

If you are trying to cut up, though, I’d be very surprised if you’re still seeing the results you want to. In that case, it might be a good idea to reel it in a bit.

I agree with the above but will also add a cheat/cherating is planned its something you choose to do. Going to a friends and giving into temptation is purely being weak willed. Have the spine to stick to your diet plan ahead or plan to cheat and accept what it may cause good or bad.

Phill

[quote]Palta_Face wrote:
My question Does it throw off my training if I eat one or two cheat meals a week it usually is with beer.(3-4)[/quote]

No not at all, especially if you are following the 7 habits which says to eat 90% clean. That allows for 4 cheat meals a week. However, your cheat meals shouldn’t be treated as all out debauchery. Having a cheat meal with a few beers isn’t the end of the world. Just be reasonable with your intake. Eating until you are stuffed may be a bit unreasonable.

[quote]Modi wrote:
Palta_Face wrote:
My question Does it throw off my training if I eat one or two cheat meals a week it usually is with beer.(3-4)

No not at all, especially if you are following the 7 habits which says to eat 90% clean. That allows for 4 cheat meals a week. However, your cheat meals shouldn’t be treated as all out debauchery. Having a cheat meal with a few beers isn’t the end of the world. Just be reasonable with your intake. Eating until you are stuffed may be a bit unreasonable.[/quote]

Good stuff. Berardi recommends 10% cheat meal through a week. If your eating 6 meals a day this equates to 4 cheat meals per week. Skipping a meal, drinking beer instead of eating, etc. all equal a cheat meal.

Be reasonable with this measurement, and you will be fine.