T Nation

Cheater's Diet ?

I dairy a bad word on the strict days? Im kind of confused about the popular attitude of cottage cheese. Is it a savior or the enemy

Also, I just got the Mag-10 in the mail. Im pretty fucking stoked. do you frontload with two doses of Mag-10 the day before, or just one the night before?
Thanks in advance
tim

I'd cut it out. Both myself and people I have worked with have noticed better results when omitting dairy products.

Take care,

Joel

Cottage cheese is the most forgiving of the dairy products because it is mostly protein. It does contain a few grams of lactose per serving which varies depending on the brand. I've seen anywhere from 3 grams all the way up to 7. Many people notice they lose more fat and experience less bloating when dairy (lactose) is removed.

I eat 1/2 cup cottage cheese twice a day, even during cutting, and have no problems. Milk on the other hand I get bloated. This is a common response to the salt, and lactose contained in milk. If your concerned about lactose in Cottage Cheese, rinse off that liquid-like coating, and drain the curds in a cheese cloth. What you'll get is virtually a sack of protein.

The salt will not cause bloating. This is an old myth and unless you have a condition to contraindicate the use of sodium(hypertension, for example), you should keep sodium intake high. Do a forum search for the term "aldosterone" and you'll get some info as to the reason behind this.