Cheater's Diet Support Group

I am very excited to start this. Those last 10-15 lbs of fat are very stubborn and my body had quit responding to my methods (not bad though, since I lost 55 lbs on that diet).

The biggest thing I am concerned about at this point is getting past my mental block on the higher GI/GL days. I have not eaten bread, rice, pasta or the like except during a cheat meal for the last 6 months. I’m sure the diet will work, but I have a lot of guilt issues concerning carbs.

What a cool diet where you kick things off with a big all out cheat day. What are you guys planning to eat? I’m thinking I’ll have Chinese food and maybe some ice cream.

I have to run a 10 mile race next sunday…needless to say, the cheat day the rest of the day will be well received, i am thinking all you can eat mongolian bbq followed by a little trip to coldstone creamery or something similiar.

definitely want to have some pizza.

I’m like you are…i’ve lost quite a bit of weight and i have like a mental block on high gi/gl foods except right after working out.

goodluck

There are a lot of foods that fall into the High GI/GL category that you should find acceptable to eat. Read through Joel’s menus he sent and I bet you’ll find something to feel less guilty about.

I’m sure I’m like most of the people testing his diet. I’m at my wits end with all of the diet plans I’ve tried to date and I, like most, have a good 15 stubbon pounds to lose.

As for my all out cheat- I think pizza is order chased by some ice cream. I haven’t had that in a very long time.

Let’s keep this support thread going. Hopefully Joel can come here to answer some questions to avoid his mailbox from filling up, or answering the same questions 100 times.

I’ll start it off for you Joel (if you’re reading this…)

1. For the cardio schedule, is that the minimum or maximum that we should be doing? I rather enjoy cardio (taking the kids for a walk, playing outside with them, playing some ball at the gym, etc.) activities and would like to do more than 3-4 times a week. Is there a benefit or hinderance to this?

2. Do you suggest any of Biotest’s supplements while on the diet (other than M. Drive)? Specifically what about HOT-ROX?

3. Do you have any calorie guidelines for the cheat day? You indicate to eat until we’re full- that can be dangerous for some of us.

4. What about Surge? It would seem it’s off limit during the entire first two weeks, as well as the first four days of the week during the diet. Do you have any suggestions for low carb PWO nutrition (contradictory, I know)?

Thanks and good luck to all!!

[quote]
4. What about Surge? It would seem it’s off limit during the entire first two weeks, as well as the first four days of the week during the diet. Do you have any suggestions for low carb PWO nutrition (contradictory, I know)?

Thanks and good luck to all!![/quote]

this is what joel said about surge in the signup thread.

"You can use it on any training day. Sub it for one of the meals. It’s use within the workout window is more than fine; doesn’t mess with anything as the body is primed to suck it right up (provided you are doing a higher volume workout). If doing a low-volume strength-oriented workout, I would go with Classic Grow! instead (there’s really no need for the insulin rush of Surge if just doing, say, 2 exercises 5x5).

If training on a LC day, make up for the carbs/cals by subtracting from the protein column as LC days are already higher protein days. For example, if you’re alloted 230 grams of protein on an LC day and consume a serving of Surge (~50 grams of carbs) pre/during/after an intense workout, eat 180 gram of protein instead (230-50 = 180)."

Thanks Diomede, I must have missed that. I’ll have to go back and read through that signup thread. I was so quick to sign up, I didn’t really read through it that well.

Just a reminder to those participating, the info on the CD is classified. I don’t think the questions I asked give too much away, but we should respect Joel’s request to keep the info private.

Thanks.

According to Joel this thread is fine and a good idea, but as was mentioned, let’s all be careful to speak in general terms, not specifics. Thanks!

eengrms76 wrote:

1. For the cardio schedule, is that the minimum or maximum that we should be doing? I rather enjoy cardio (taking the kids for a walk, playing outside with them, playing some ball at the gym, etc.) activities and would like to do more than 3-4 times a week. Is there a benefit or hinderance to this?

That would be completely fine.

1. Do you suggest any of Biotest’s supplements while on the diet (other than Metabolic Drive)? Specifically what about HOT-ROX?

HOT-ROX is a great product and if you’d like to use it, it fits in very well while trying to shed some fat.

1. Do you have any calorie guidelines for the cheat day? You indicate to eat until we’re full- that can be dangerous for some of us.

Not really. Some of my cheat days are pretty “dangerous” by most standards, but when following the rest of the plan to a T, it works very well. The point is not to gorge, but to eat liberally without feeling guilty. Eat until you’re moderately full, and then when you’re hungry again, feel free to eat some more.

1. What about Surge? It would seem it’s off limit during the entire first two weeks, as well as the first four days of the week during the diet. Do you have any suggestions for low carb PWO nutrition (contradictory, I know)?

[b]My response on the other thread:

You can use it on any training day. Sub it for one of the meals. It’s use within the workout window is more than fine; doesn’t mess with anything as the body is primed to suck it right up (provided you are doing a higher volume workout). If doing a low-volume strength-oriented workout, I would go with Classic Grow! instead (there’s really no need for the insulin rush of Surge if just doing, say, 2 exercises 5x5).

If training on a LC day, make up for the carbs/cals by subtracting from the protein column as LC days are already higher protein days. For example, if you’re alloted 230 grams of protein on an LC day and consume a serving of Surge (~50 grams of carbs) pre/during/after an intense workout, eat 180 gram of protein instead (230-50 = 180).[/b]

Joel, would Ripped, Rugged & Dense be a good choice for weight training while on the Cheater’s Diet?

[quote]Freaky Styley wrote:
Joel, would Ripped, Rugged & Dense be a good choice for weight training while on the Cheater’s Diet?[/quote]

Yeah, I’d recommend alternating Full Body Fat Loss with RRD in 4-week cycles (starting with RRD).

Joel

I guess I’m the opposite of most people, the fact I’m more hesitant to do the low carb days. It looks much more doable since we can use pre-post workout nutrition on those days. I almost wasn’t going to do it because of the intro phase but I’m going to give it my all. By the second week I’ll be real happy to get that over!

[quote]020606 wrote:
I guess I’m the opposite of most people, the fact I’m more hesitant to do the low carb days. It looks much more doable since we can use pre-post workout nutrition on those days. I almost wasn’t going to do it because of the intro phase but I’m going to give it my all. By the second week I’ll be real happy to get that over![/quote]

What’s your specific issue with low carb? I fortunately don’t train on the low carb days so I can do it to the fullest, i.e. no Surge, and looking forward to it. The first week I’ll have to incorporate Surge though, but that’s ok. Low carb is easier once you get used to it.

What is your typical carb intake like?

Will anyone plan to use some Hoodia extract or L-Tyrosine in order to help controling appetite on this diet?

I know it seems to not be working for everyone but wanted to have some input on this.

Thanks

Man I’ve been choppin’ at the bit all week to get started! I can’t wait for monday! I’ve just relaxed for the most part this week with my diet kept it clean for the most part… didn’t worry about my calories though.

A couple years ago I lost 40 lbs from 216 to 176 but stalled big time. So for the last couple of months I’ve gained 7 lbs from eating a lot plus some intense lifting. So I’m real excited about taking part in this. I figure I’ve got about 15 to 20 lbs to lose to get to around 10% BF.

Anyway glad to be part of the group!

Jason

Hey guys…

I am still waiting for the info from Joel, he was going to email me with it. I am starting next week with both Joels diet, Waterburys’ WSP program and HOT-ROX. I have around 20-25 pounds to lose and I took some before pictures. I will post before and afters when I am done. I am going to track weight, inches and bodyfat.

I have lost 4lbs and dropped a pant size in 3 weeks doing it my way, so I am looking forward to what this can do for me. I want to start the diet and workout simultaneously to see how the work together. I am pretty excited about it, can’t wait to see what the diet entails.

Good luck to everyone!

Michelle

[quote]Bittabit wrote:
Hey guys…

I am still waiting for the info from Joel, he was going to email me with it. I am starting next week with both Joels diet, Waterburys’ WSP program and HOT-ROX. I have around 20-25 pounds to lose and I took some before pictures. I will post before and afters when I am done. I am going to track weight, inches and bodyfat.

I have lost 4lbs and dropped a pant size in 3 weeks doing it my way, so I am looking forward to what this can do for me. I want to start the diet and workout simultaneously to see how the work together. I am pretty excited about it, can’t wait to see what the diet entails.

Good luck to everyone!

Michelle[/quote]

I would send Joel a PM or email for the information. He sent it out four or so days ago, so you definitely should have it by now.

Good luck!

I got it today…

Should be fun…I can’t wait to see some results!

Michelle

[quote]grimskunk wrote:
Will anyone plan to use some Hoodia extract or L-Tyrosine in order to help controling appetite on this diet?

I know it seems to not be working for everyone but wanted to have some input on this.

Thanks[/quote]

Yes I love hoodia. Not only does it take away appetite, but actually makes me feel full (too full if taken with a big meal so I wait and take it a few hours later).

Just make sure to get a brand that works e.g. now brand works fine (get the one with just hoodia). Though a reliable company, source naturals brand hoodia did not work for me and at least one other person.

hey, can someone send me the diet basics email and attachment again? I left my copy at work, and I need to go to the grocery store! No, I am not scamming for the details. The email he sent us today was titled “CD Tester - Measurements” :slight_smile:
Thanks!!!

Timm