Cheat to Lose Diet

I was reading the interview about the cheat to lose diet… being a bit skeptical about it I was wondering if anyone has ever tried it even just for a few weeks… Ive read some of the reviews and people said they’ve had faster weight loss and stuff.

I thought this would be a good idea for a weight loss plan because having school I already wake up at 5:45 just got get ready and I’m half dead when I get home (worst classes ever!) so I think it would be easier to fit this into a schedule because I would have more opportunities to eat school lunches.

I dunno maybe Ill just have to change around how I organize lunches and stuff.

I haven’t read the book, but I think it just uses periodic refeeds that physiologically, restoring leptin and other hormone levels, and psychologically, getting a real meal in, can help dieting.

I don’t think it will be what you think it is going to be and there is nothing magical about fat loss. Its calories in/calories out, and if your calories are restricted, the food you eat better be healthy with adequate protein.

I tried doing a cyclical ketogenic diet, with full the full 24 hr 400-600g carb ups once a week and made zero progress. I’m back to following thib’s refined physique transformation macro recommendations.

Do your prep work, cook your meat and veggies twice a week, throw them in a container and eat them for lunch with a little piece of full fat cheese. It can get tedious, but getting everything packed and logged the day before makes it a lot easier.

I did this to lose some fat on my gut. It worked like a charm.

It seemed to get harder the lower percentage of body fat I have.

What I am doing now is eating clean on my cheat day (just hi GI carbs, very little fat).

I increased the low carb days, and the LOW GI days and have eliminated the high GI days.

Its going slow (I have very little fat left), but it is working.

You should read the book.

If you don’t have the time to exercise, this diet isn’t for you.

In your situation, this diet won’t work. You MUST plan your meals and be able to make proper food choices if eating away from home. It doesn’t sound like you have the option.

Your best bet, make better choices, take some snacks and find time to exercise.

The ‘Cheat’ part of this diet doesn’t mean you can eat school lunches every day. In fact, the interview gives you an idea of how this diet works.

[quote]theuofh wrote:
I don’t think it will be what you think it is going to be and there is nothing magical about fat loss. Its calories in/calories out, and if your calories are restricted, the food you eat better be healthy with adequate protein.

I tried doing a cyclical ketogenic diet, with full the full 24 hr 400-600g carb ups once a week and made zero progress. I’m back to following thib’s refined physique transformation macro recommendations.

Do your prep work, cook your meat and veggies twice a week, throw them in a container and eat them for lunch with a little piece of full fat cheese. It can get tedious, but getting everything packed and logged the day before makes it a lot easier. [/quote]

x2, only cyclical keto diets work beautifully for me.

Yes, I have done it, and it helped me break a plateau.

As I went along I made some modifications. Instead of one whole cheat day starting with carbs first thing in the AM, I waited till about 11 AM because I found that carbs in the morning like that makes me crash and feel crummy all day. If I get a big hit of protein for breakfast that doesn’t happen, even when gorging on carbs later in the day.

I also tried lifting on the carb-up day (the book does not address lifting much if I recall) versus not lifting, and lifting before the carb load is a good thing. More carbs go to glycogen synthesis and less to fat.

In terms of school, scheduling, etc., I don’t know – it’s a little bit complicated of a diet, like any other carb cycling diet. One day carb-up (or 2, like the AD) is not hard to do, but CTL calls for different amounts and sources of carbs on different days of the week. This was fine for me as I work at home most of the time, but when at school or on the go, it would take some careful meal prep and planning.