T Nation

Cheat to Lose Diet, My Experience

This is my log for my experience on the Cheat to Lose Diet. I will be updating periodically, but definitely every Sunday with details.

Today, I weighed in at 245, but at approximately 25% bodyfat with a 43.5" waist at the navel (yeah, big case of all my fat being around the middle). I hope to get down to 15% BF by Christmas and dial it all in by my friends’ wedding on April 11. My goal weight, waist and bodyfat by then is 230, 34-35" waist at 8-10% bf. If I can do that, I’ll be ecstatic.

Wish me luck.

im glad u started this, ill be following your thread

Ive cheated 2 times since the article came out (I was already dieting) and am down about 5 pounds or so. It definitely works if you know how to use it to your advantage.

Good luck.

Low-carbing it. I was sick today, but I’m going to try to get all my meals in tomorrow and meet my calculated totals. I won’t weigh until Sunday.

Have you carried more fat than this and have you been leaner previously? I’mm trying to determine if you have the “fat boy gene”, or lost your abs from neglect…I think it makes a difference on how different somatotypes will respond to this type of diet…

I grew up an ectomorph. I mean full-blown stickboy. Getting married tends to take care of that, but I’m not skinny-fat. I do carry some muscle especially in my legs.

A large part of my being overweight is diet-related. Corporate life tends to pack it on as all work-related social functions tend to revolve around food and alcohol.

[quote]PowerAthlete wrote:
I grew up an ectomorph. I mean full-blown stickboy. Getting married tends to take care of that, but I’m not skinny-fat. I do carry some muscle especially in my legs.
A large part of my being overweight is diet-related. Corporate life tends to pack it on as all work-related social functions tend to revolve around food and alcohol.[/quote]

Well, thats it then…since you don’t have the fat-boy gene to hold you back, all you need to deal with is repairing/improving the metabolism and you should do well on this program IMHO…