Cheat the BMI% on the Omron Fat Loss Monitor

So I’ve been in one of those 60 day weight loss competitions at work… Is there a way to cheat the omron fat loss monitor to show a slightly lesser of a percentage? “Like take in less water or something I could do before I go in for my final test”? How does the moron work exactly?

So far I’ve lost 22lbs in 8 weeks but I’m worried a over weight person that has a ton more bmi % that me has a better shot.

boxseed
So I’ve been in one of those 60 day weight loss competitions at work… Is there a way to cheat the omron fat loss monitor to show a slightly lesser of a percentage? “Like take in less water or something I could do before I go in for my final test”? How does the moron work exactly?

So far I’ve lost 22lbs in 8 weeks but I’m worried a over weight person that has a ton more bmi % that me has a better shot.

weight loss,bmi,body fat %
3 different things so different methods where i work its done on weight, so before first weigh in i tell people wear baggy clothes ankle weights ,weight plates 2.5,drink as much water possible extra salt.
before last weigh in Diuretics laxatives
if yours is body fat on that meter i do not know
but chances are if your competition is a fat ass good chance they lost as much muscle as fat so their body fat % might not change
by the way congrats on your weight loss

Read up on water cuts for wrestling/fighting sports and google ‘Matt Kroc water cut’

Thanks caveman, yea I was just wondering if dehydrating myself before using the moron machine if it would help on the body fat % loss… Yea it’s not a weight loss competition it’s who loses the most body percentage

[quote]Boxseed wrote:

So far I’ve lost 22lbs in 8 weeks but I’m worried a over weight person that has a ton more bmi % that me has a better shot. [/quote]

x2 what Daltron and Dungy said.

If you lose, you lose. Looking at it as just a short-term crash diet is, truly, short-sighted. Use it as a kickstart to a real fat loss phase. Losing 22 pounds in 2 months is/should be serious progress. What’s your current height and weight?

Not that it matters a whole bunch, but is there a significant prize for the winner?

what dungy said
do not think it fits this thread
reason weight loss fat loss for a competition
boxers ,fighters,powerliftters, wrestlers,oylimpic lifters
example weigh in at weight class compete at heavier weight
165 powerlifter steps on platform at what 175,180?
considered normal

[quote]cavemansam wrote:
what dungy said
do not think it fits this thread
reason weight loss fat loss for a competition
boxers ,fighters,powerliftters, wrestlers,oylimpic lifters
example weigh in at weight class compete at heavier weight
165 powerlifter steps on platform at what 175,180?
considered normal[/quote]

That’s within the rules and widely accepted as the norm. Are you really comparing professional sports weigh-ins and an office weight loss challenge?

Op, lose the weight the right way. If someone who is bigger than you has an “easier” time than you losing weight (because me only measure difficulty with physical markets and never think about the mental toughness…) then here is what you do… Congratulate them on their success.

competition is competition
just because its accepted as normal
that gray area of playing the rules
some consider cheating

[quote]cavemansam wrote:
competition is competition
just because its accepted as normal
some consider cheating[/quote]

Do you understand the definition of character?

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
Looking at it as just a short-term crash diet is, truly, short-sighted. Use it as a kickstart to a real fat loss phase. Losing 22 pounds in 2 months is/should be serious progress. What’s your current height and weight?
[/quote]

Surely that bridge has already been crossed once one enters a competition to lose weight?

I don’t see the issue with a water cut. These machines are inaccurate by up to 15%. Surely you want to do whatever you can to get it to 1% off than 15%? Your muscle mass doesn’t change based on a water cut (I don’t believe these things account for glycogen and water held in muscles?)

I, for one, hope this is all competitive instinct!!

some consider cheating

daltron /character
to me that is doing want is right even when everyone else follows the accepted norm
however i am a realest and understand corners that are cut in various sports and activities and if someone asks i will present the information it is up to that persons moral beliefs as to how they act upon that information