T Nation

Cheat Meal: How Much Damage?

it’s my 20th bday today, and i decided to have a cheat meal for the first time in about 18 weeks.

had a few drinks, some fish tacos, corn on the cob, and dessert. figure 2500 cals. how much will this fuck me up?

holy crap, you’re not gonna make it to your 21st bday eating like that

[quote]jzl1388 wrote:
it’s my 20th bday today, and i decided to have a cheat meal for the first time in about 18 weeks.

had a few drinks, some fish tacos, corn on the cob, and dessert. figure 2500 cals. how much will this fuck me up?[/quote]

sorry bro, you’re fucked. you’ll never reach your goals now. Might as well just give up.

Edit: before you freak out I’m being sarcastic. Nobody ever got fat eating one meal. why don’t you chill out before you develop an eating disorder?

take a deep breath and repeat after me: “it’s OK to have dessert on my birthday.”

honestly, relax, the more you let it affect you, the more damage it will do. if its the only cheat meal youve had in 18 weeks it might actually do your body some good. check out youtube, markus ruhl eats at burger king every now and again, and jay cutler goes to in and out burger. youre fine. just dont stop lifting.

i mean eating like that and getting your physical activity from clicking the remote is detrimental. but, you seem to be a healthy dude, dont make yourself suffer constantly. life would be no fun if you didnt allow yourself some pleasures like delicious food. fuck, now i want a taco

Dude, it’s all good. Don’t sweat it, just get back on the wagon tomorrow. You will probably look “fatter” because eating a big meal like that will most likely make you retain some more water. Just bust ass in the gym to make up for it.

You’ll live.

[edit] You SHOULD live.

good luck

I think you will survive. Its quite easy to get somewhat anal (no jokes!) about food, nutrition and Kcals.

The dynamics of metabolism is such that its not always a case of the kcals you ingest be stored as fat. As long as you resumed your ‘normal’ routine pretty quickly you wouldnt have impeded your goals greatly.

[quote]jzl1388 wrote:

had a few drinks, some fish tacos, corn on the cob, and dessert. figure 2500 cals. how much will this fuck me up?[/quote]

That’s your cheat meal?! -lol LIghtweight!

S

lightweight indeed.

my first cheat meal i had while cutting this winter was a whole pizza and a piece of cheesecake from the factory; i felt awesomely horrible that night

[quote]B rocK wrote:
lightweight indeed.

my first cheat meal i had while cutting this winter was a whole pizza and a piece of cheesecake from the factory; i felt awesomely horrible that night[/quote]

I know you’re from Boston…was that at the Cambridgeside Galleria Cheesecake Factory? I love that place!!!

I used to live in Charlestown and Sommerville (outside Providence now)

To the OP: sigh

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
holy crap, you’re not gonna make it to your 21st bday eating like that[/quote]

^
|
|

lol

Anyways dude are u trying to bulk or cut?

Cause if ur trying to bulk then u need to eat like that more often lol.

honestly, the more you stress about it, the more cortisol you’ll release and the more damage it’ll do.

Someone correct me if Im wrong, but I believe that when eating incredibly large portions of food, your body doesnt get all the calories in the food

[quote]jzl1388 wrote:

Is this post serious?? You dieted for 18 weeks without a cheat meal???

I guess you had no refeeds during that 18 weeks.

Posts like this are brutal.

haha thanks for the support guys; this morning i had a really great workout of deads and squats…i think i needed the carbs

back to low carb for me though, at least another week until i reintroduce carbs around my workout and then move from there

i miss my teens…metabolism slower every year

i don’t really understand the point of refeeds besides i guess maintaining the metabolism. i used to always think of them as pussying out.

Haha’ man don’t even stress you are doing fine. If you can diet for 18 weeks without touching shit food then I wouldn’t even start to worry.

[quote]jzl1388 wrote:
i don’t really understand the point of refeeds besides i guess maintaining the metabolism. i used to always think of them as pussying out.[/quote]

refeeds help to reverse some of the adaptations that occur during prolonged hypocaloric (below maintenance) eating. They aren’t “pussying out”, they are what smart dieters do to keep things moving.

however, refeeds are done in a very specific way, and shouldn’t be confused with “cheat meals” or day long junk food binges. The former will help keep your metabolism crankin’, the latter may provide some psychological relief, but does little to reverse the bodies adaptations.

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
That’s your cheat meal?! -lol LIghtweight!

S
[/quote]

PAPER WEIGHT ~

A cheat meal a week is actually beneficial.

[quote]Maximillian wrote:
A cheat meal a week is actually beneficial.[/quote]

beneficial psychologically? yes.

beneficial physiologically? no.