Cheat day

I have a stupid question regarding the ‘cheat day’. The day when you ‘carb up’, eat all that stuff that you’ve shoved off your plate for the last week.

What about beer on your cheat day? Do you have a beer or two (or 6) on your cheat day? I’ll have a glass of wine once in a while throughout the week to take the edge off. However, I find myself gravitating toward the Fat Tire Ale on my cheat day. The beer is so damn drinkable I can down about 3 or 4 of them in a matter of an hour or so.

So, my question is. Do any of you drink beer on your cheat day?

Not beer, but I do sometimes indulge myself in a glass of wine. If you have a problem limiting yourself to a single beer, you may want to forgo the luxury–after all, alcoholic beverages are calorie-dense and have no protein. Your cheat calories are better spent on foods high in protein and carbs.

Hey, I like a good beer as much as the next guy, but when I’m dieting I figure I need all the T I can get. Hence, no beer.

I don’t. I actually drink wine on my cheat day (chardonnay, cabernet, and Riesling…and some zinfandel). But then I really hate beer taste in general, so maybe I’m an exception.

BTW – aren’t 4 beers a LOT to drink in one hour??? I can’t seem to manage beyond 3 drinks in 2 hrs at the most.

No not really, I usually am so satisfied with the crap I shove down my throat on refeed days that I can’t even think about eating anything else, let alone beer. I guess maybe it’s a matter of taste, I personally don’t like beer so it’s easier for me to eat more functional carbs during my carb up days. In any case I get so full these days I can hardly breathe, lol!

Anything usually goes on cheat day. The problem I have with beer is that it fills me up. I would rather eat cheese cake and poptarts all day and I find that beer slows me down.