Cheat Day

I know weight is a bad measure of progress – but as a serious fat guy, a little progress on the scale is good for morale. I’ve sort of plateaued (or is it cratered?) on my weight loss recently oscillating around the same weight for about 5 weeks, so I’m starting to re-think the cheat meal/day thing too. I’m still making strength gains, so I’m keeping on keeping on.

However, my last cheat meal may have “cured” me of cheat meals.

Sunday, I had a home improvement project outside, most of the day, and it wasn’t really convenient to stop for lunch – so I fasted all day (no breakfast, no lunch) – anticipating a huge cheat meal. My cheat was: 3 beers, an X-large, thin pepperoni, sausage, onion and mushroom pizza (shared with the wife unit – but I’m sure I downed 3/4 of it), 1 piece homemade apple pie, homemade whipped cream, 2 homemade brownies, and 2 store bought english toffee cookies, 1 glass of milk).

I was miserably full. The worst part is that I must have had some sort of acid reflux going on, as I woke up three times in the middle of the night having puked a little in my mouth – coughing with that horrible taste of vomit, pizza and beer in my mouth.

Now I’m tired, gastrointestinally distressed and having serious doubts about my ability to ever eat pizza again. Blech.

[quote]ariel777 wrote:
For those that do cheat days, how many hours do you cheat for? From midnight to midnight (48 hours) or upon rising to midnight (about 18 hours?)[/quote]

[quote]fatInIC wrote:
I know weight is a bad measure of progress – but as a serious fat guy, a little progress on the scale is good for morale. I’ve sort of plateaued (or is it cratered?) on my weight loss recently oscillating around the same weight for about 5 weeks, so I’m starting to re-think the cheat meal/day thing too. I’m still making strength gains, so I’m keeping on keeping on.

Sunday, I had a home improvement project outside, most of the day, and it wasn’t really convenient to stop for lunch – so I fasted all day (no breakfast, no lunch) – anticipating a huge cheat meal. My cheat was: 3 beers, an X-large, thin pepperoni, sausage, onion and mushroom pizza (shared with the wife unit – but I’m sure I downed 3/4 of it), 1 piece homemade apple pie, homemade whipped cream, 2 homemade brownies, and 2 store bought english toffee cookies, 1 glass of milk).

I was miserably full. The worst part is that I must have had some sort of acid reflux going on, as I woke up three times in the middle of the night having puked a little in my mouth – coughing with that horrible taste of vomit, pizza and beer in my mouth.

Now I’m tired, gastrointestinally distressed and having serious doubts about my ability to ever eat pizza again. Blech.

[quote]ariel777 wrote:
For those that do cheat days, how many hours do you cheat for? From midnight to midnight (48 hours) or upon rising to midnight (about 18 hours?)[/quote]
[/quote]

Maybe try cutting your carbs out after 5 pm. That’s what I’m doing and I haven’t plateaued. I’m determined to get ripped again so what I’m doing is: No grains, just fruit, vegetables and protein, 30 to 45 min of cardio upon waking up on an empty stomach 5 to 6 times a week, lift free weights 3x per week.

Example: breakfast is a bowl of fruit and a hard boiled egg, lunch is chicken with broccoli, dinner is a chicken breast, sometimes i snack with fruit in between as long as its before 5 and I’m still averaging weight loss of 3 to 4 lbs a week, I’m about 10 weeks out. Oh yeah and I cheat like a mofo on Sundays.

[quote]ariel777 wrote:

[quote]fatInIC wrote:

[quote]ariel777 wrote:
[/quote]

Maybe try cutting your carbs out after 5 pm. That’s what I’m doing and I haven’t plateaued. I’m determined to get ripped again so what I’m doing is: No grains, just fruit, vegetables and protein, 30 to 45 min of cardio upon waking up on an empty stomach 5 to 6 times a week, lift free weights 3x per week.

Example: breakfast is a bowl of fruit and a hard boiled egg, lunch is chicken with broccoli, dinner is a chicken breast, sometimes i snack with fruit in between as long as its before 5 and I’m still averaging weight loss of 3 to 4 lbs a week, I’m about 10 weeks out. Oh yeah and I cheat like a mofo on Sundays.[/quote]

I am sorry but the carb after a certain time is bro science. Unless the reason you are cutting out carbs then is to decrease total calories or because you decreasing carbs then thats one thing. But you can lose weight eating all of your carbs and going right to sleep. Just a thought.

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

[quote]ariel777 wrote:

[quote]fatInIC wrote:

[quote]ariel777 wrote:
[/quote]

Example: breakfast is a bowl of fruit and a hard boiled egg, lunch is chicken with broccoli, dinner is a chicken breast, sometimes i snack with fruit in between as long as its before 5 and I’m still averaging weight loss of 3 to 4 lbs a week, I’m about 10 weeks out. Oh yeah and I cheat like a mofo on Sundays.[/quote]

I am sorry but the carb after a certain time is bro science. Unless the reason you are cutting out carbs then is to decrease total calories or because you decreasing carbs then thats one thing. But you can lose weight eating all of your carbs and going right to sleep. Just a thought.[/quote]

x2 !!!

I’m on the V-Diet right now. Why am I reading through this thread? lol "Goes back to reading the rest of “Never Let Go.”