Cheat Day Ideas

Chinese buffet. MSG FTW!!!

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

New World Man, cheat meals/days/refeeds/whatever can be very beneficial to your body, but that is only if you have been without carbs for awhile (has to do with the hormone leptin and metabolism… it’s in our genes basically, it is actually beneficial for us to have some fat, so you get around those last 10-15 pounds with strategic cheat meals which will increase the leptin hormone. But you must have low carbs the next 1-2 days to get those fat-burning effects). The carbs I’ve had in the past week are sweet potatoes (1/2 of potato) and oats (1/2 cup at a time).[/quote]

Interesting…I guess I’d have to get to the low carb days first :slight_smile:

At the risk of sidetracking this thread - do you have any handy links to good literature to learn more on this?

Yeah sure. leanbulk.com is for sale | HugeDomains

That looks amazing. Next time we should all try to coordinate our re-feed days so we can upload and share our gluttonous excursions.

Pizza does sound like a good call though, I just like typing CINNABUN in all caps.

CINNABUN

Meal NUMBA 2

Off to the movies, wonder if I should get anything there. Hmmmm…

I am always curious about cheat days, i think they sound awesome but i never know when i would employ one and i guess i am skeered i would basically transmogrify myself into my old fat ass self if allowed to cheat.

[quote]JudsonFit wrote:
I am always curious about cheat days, i think they sound awesome but i never know when i would employ one and i guess i am skeered i would basically transmogrify myself into my old fat ass self if allowed to cheat.[/quote]

1 meal won’t make you jacked and 1 meal won’t make you fat, it’s all about how you utilize your meals in relation to one another, and in parallel to your training.

Meal #2, didn’t post for some gay ass reason

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
Meal #2, didn’t post for some gay ass reason

[/quote]

I hate you!

Everytime I’m in Chicago there is a mandatory stop at Giordano’s and it’s been a while since I’ve been there.

How much of that were you able to eat? The most I’ve gotten down was 3 1/2 pieces and I couldn’t move for the rest of the night.

Wuss!

I ate 4 slices, and I was done. I had some friends over for the Hawks game so I ordered 2. I ate 2 of the cheese and sauce, 2 of the special (sausage cheese sauce and a bunch of veggies). Then 3 hours later I had 2 more slices, lol, followed up with some BBQ chips. I wanted some ice cream too, but that didn’t pan out.

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
Wuss!

I ate 4 slices, and I was done. I had some friends over for the Hawks game so I ordered 2. I ate 2 of the cheese and sauce, 2 of the special (sausage cheese sauce and a bunch of veggies). Then 3 hours later I had 2 more slices, lol, followed up with some BBQ chips. I wanted some ice cream too, but that didn’t pan out.[/quote]

I tip my hat to you sir and admit defeat.

For next cheat day you should really try to incorporate a DQ Blizzard.

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]JudsonFit wrote:
I am always curious about cheat days, i think they sound awesome but i never know when i would employ one and i guess i am skeered i would basically transmogrify myself into my old fat ass self if allowed to cheat.[/quote]

1 meal won’t make you jacked and 1 meal won’t make you fat, it’s all about how you utilize your meals in relation to one another, and in parallel to your training.[/quote]

True i guess i just am not sure when/how one should implement them haha

I hope people are using cheat days wisely, and differentiating the need for a refeed versus a cheat day–IF any of these are warranted–because I’ve seen quite a few people doing refeeds and entire cheat days just because they went on MODERATELY restrictive diet for a few days or a week.

PB: What kind of setup are you on diet wise?

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:
I hope people are using cheat days wisely, and differentiating the need for a refeed versus a cheat day–IF any of these are warranted–because I’ve seen quite a few people doing refeeds and entire cheat days just because they went on MODERATELY restrictive diet for a few days or a week.

PB: What kind of setup are you on diet wise? [/quote]
Here is what I am doing diet-wise as I am in a fat loss phase that ends in 3 weeks (6 weeks total):

Weeks 1-3 is a priming phase, i.e. very limited carbs (lots of green veggies however), no cheat meals, etc. I would MAYBE have some oats in the morning (1/2 cup), and utilize minimal Finibars/SWF during my workouts. I would use low GI fruits sparingly (mainly apples and berries) in the morning, and throw in 1/2 a sweet potato or some beans here and there. High fish oil/good fats, high protein.

So yesterday was my first cheat day in 3 weeks. Now for the remainder of the fat loss phase, it is basically the same thing, except my cheat day is once every week. The carbs remain pretty much the same otherwise… some fruit in the morning, maybe some oats, limited carbs peri-workout, and the rest of P+F.

I should note that I am having 3-4 cheat meals in that cheat day, and NONE of them am I stuffing myself. Basically it is a caloric/carb splurge but I don’t go crazy.

I know you are an R.D., what do you think?

Does anyone do not so bad cheat days/meals? It’s been a while since I totally bombed a meal but over the weekend I had 2-3 cheat meals which were healthy, just a little bit carb-y or large. One was a bunch of sushi/stir fry and white rice. The other was a bunch of whole eggs + a bagel instead of oats or something. And I had a few tortilla chips for a snack. I feel kind of terrible “cheating” on 3 separate occasions but nothing was outright terrible food and I trained a LOT this weekend. Honestly felt like I needed the calories.

Yesterday I had

3 loaded pecan pancakes
3 eggs
2 pieces of sausage
8 boneless wings
6 traditional wings
a basket of fries
2 Sierra Nevada Pale Ales
A small southwestern Pizza from BJ’s
2 Pirhana Pale Ales
Half of Pizookie Trio

Yum

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:

PB: What kind of setup are you on diet wise? [/quote]
Here is what I am doing diet-wise as I am in a fat loss phase that ends in 3 weeks (6 weeks total):

Weeks 1-3 is a priming phase, i.e. very limited carbs (lots of green veggies however), no cheat meals, etc. I would MAYBE have some oats in the morning (1/2 cup), and utilize minimal Finibars/SWF during my workouts. I would use low GI fruits sparingly (mainly apples and berries) in the morning, and throw in 1/2 a sweet potato or some beans here and there. High fish oil/good fats, high protein.

So yesterday was my first cheat day in 3 weeks. Now for the remainder of the fat loss phase, it is basically the same thing, except my cheat day is once every week. The carbs remain pretty much the same otherwise… some fruit in the morning, maybe some oats, limited carbs peri-workout, and the rest of P+F.

I should note that I am having 3-4 cheat meals in that cheat day, and NONE of them am I stuffing myself. Basically it is a caloric/carb splurge but I don’t go crazy.

I know you are an R.D., what do you think?[/quote]

Thanks. Yeah, I’m an RD, but there are people with far more greater knowledge on getting shredded than me.

However, if you feel that the cheat days are pushing your fat loss, then do them. I say stick to what works. However, the only times in which I know of where cheat days or refeeds are needed were in breaks of very restrictive dieting. I’m more in favor of a refeed unless the diet was ridiculoysly restrictive, like a PSMF or a diet in which you take in 8 to 10 calories per pound of bodyweight for two weeks.

The only diet in which I had cheat days was the Cheat to Lose diet that I experimented with some years back.

How was cheat to lose btw? This is how i set up my cheats. I have my cheat day then fast the next day, train twice this day. Have a liquid shakes the next day(day off gym). Then eat at~10xBW. I hit a cheat day every Saturday as this is when I tend to be a lb less from the morning of the previous cheat. Strength is amazing on cheat and fast days of course with al that glycogen and triglycerides. I’m thinking of implementing a permanent cheat day each week and manipulate the rest of the week pertaining to my goals.

i know your cheat day is over but for your next one you need to try this:

the “DOB Toilet-Bombing Heart-Molester”

you can also read about it (and the mcgangbang mentioned earlier) here:

For those who live close to Chico, CA. At the Madison Bear Garden, I ate the “Jiffy Burger” yesterday. It’s a bacon burger with jack cheese, but the kicker is a large dallop of peanut butter they smear on while its cooking. It was awesome!!