Cheap Yummy Bulk Meal

I whipped up something out of the blue this week and thought I’d share. It’s really good.

Ingredients

edit: I forgot I also seasoned the rice with a packet of lipton beef mushroom soup mix

15 pack boneless skinless chicken thighs (from wholesale club)
2.5 cups jasmine rice (uncooked)
1 carton chicken broth (32 oz. I think)
1 large can diced tomatoes (maybe 30 oz? I forget)
16 oz. package sliced mushrooms
1 large bunch kale (spinach would work too)
1 large can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 yellow onion cut in to strips or however you like
salt, pepper, garlic powder, thyme

roast thighs in preheated 400 degree oven until cooked. (use an instant read thermometer)

while they are roasting prepare the other ingredients. open cans, tear kale, cut onion, etc

In a large stock pot prepare your rice per package instructions based on 4 cups liquid. mine was 2.5 cups rice and cook in the chicken broth instead of water. In a separate pan, saute the onions until 2/3 done and add the mushrooms and kale. cook all until tender. when the rice is done or mostly done add in the tomatoes w/ liquid, the cooked veggies, and the condensed soup. cut up the cooked chicken thighs and add to pot. season to taste with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and dried thyme. (season however you like really).

Mine made 10 meal prep containers full and there’s a good amount of chicken in each one. It’s very tasty and cheap.

6 Likes

saved! Thank you!

I’ll throw one of mine here too, I came up with this kinda randomly last week because I had some leftover items in the fridge.

Okay so, wash a sweet potato, make some holes with a knife, put on a plate and in the microwave on high for 10 minutes.

Meanwhile, throw some ground beef in a pan and after one or two minutes add pre cooked, sliced carrots. Then, crack 2-3 eggs and just throw in them with the carrots and meat. Let cook until the eggs start to cook a bit, and use a spatula to prevent it from turning into an omelette. Add cheese on top and whatever else you like (ketchup, olive oil, butter, chili sauce).

Once the sweet potato is cooked, put everything on the plate and you got yourself an egg scramble with meat and carrots with a big sweet potato on the side. And cheese!

Probably works with different veggies too: peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, spinach…

1 Like

It’s already a thing. It’s called scrambled eggs.

1 Like

Lol okay now I’m feeling silly

Haha, I’m just fucking with you. When I was a poor student I pretty much lived off of eggs scrambled with veggies and cheese. Loads of cheap calories

1 Like

Yeah, I love eggs.

It’s a shame I virtually can’t eat them now due to gut issues. I haven’t for a few weeks now but I’m planning on trying to reintroduce them back into my diet.