T Nation

Cheap Whey Protein

This question might have been asked before but can poor quality whey cause acne? I ask because I usually take Grow, but I ran out so for a couple of weeks I have been taking a replacement from COSTCO and have broken out nothing to the extreme but I thought it was weird.

If it matters the ingredients are:

Whey protein blend(whey protein concentrate(milk), whey protein isolate, whey protein hydrolysate, natural and artificial flavors, acesulfame ptassium.

could be but what do I know

if whey protein is milk protein, would people who get acne from a lot of dairy not get acne flare ups with whey supps.?

[quote]DION88 wrote:
This question might have been asked before but can poor quality whey cause acne? I ask because I usually take Grow, but I ran out so for a couple of weeks I have been taking a replacement from COSTCO and have broken out nothing to the extreme but I thought it was weird.

Whey protein blend(whey protein concentrate(milk), whey protein isolate, whey protein hydrolysate, natural and artificial flavors, acesulfame ptassium.

[/quote]

Maybe its the other stuff in it? Like the cheap colorants & preservatives?

Try buying just whey.

[quote]brucevangeorge wrote:
DION88 wrote:

Try buying just whey.[/quote]

which one? what other stuff the ingredients look like that of others.

maybe he could try 100% EGG protein powder no lactose.

[quote]DION88 wrote:
which one?[/quote]

I don’t know brands. But I went to my local nutrition store and they had buckets of whey in about 5kg containers.

Checked it out and its 100% pure whey. No coloring, no flavouring. Its almost completely tasteless.

Not only that but for me it comes out cheaper/unit weight than the Costco Brand.

Are you drinking that chocolate shit labelled “European Whey” that’s not even made in Europe?

[quote]DION88 wrote:
brucevangeorge wrote:
DION88 wrote:

Try buying just whey.

which one? what other stuff the ingredients look like that of others.

[/quote]

UM try the store here the Unflavored Grow! Whey.

Phill

[quote]ethan323 wrote:
maybe he could try 100% EGG protein powder no lactose.[/quote]

Yeah ,and the first time he let’s one loose in public, he’ll be arrested for assault with a deadly weapon.

[quote]TheSicilian wrote:
Yeah ,and the first time he let’s one loose in public, he’ll be arrested for[/quote] possesing a BioChemical Weapon.

Fixed it for ya.

[quote]brucevangeorge wrote:
TheSicilian wrote:
Yeah ,and the first time he let’s one loose in public, he’ll be arrested for possesing a BioChemical Weapon.

Fixed it for ya.[/quote]

lol, why thank you kind sir, thank you.