Cheap Way to Serve Large Groups?

So my school often sponsors large student gatherings of 100-200+ people. I personally am on the executive board of a student organization of about 50 people. These people come in and out at varying intervals and I would like to use some of the group funds to feed the members.

Unfortunately, the budget for food is fairly low–it needs to attract people to the events and keep people satiated without costing too much money.

Currently, the way the school feeds the masses is large quantities of pizza, but I was wondering if, at least in my smaller group, if there would be some way to make the food provided a bit more nutritious without increasing the price drastically.

I was thinking that getting a huge slow cooker and cooking up some healthy stew or chili for the bunch.

Thoughts on making people healthier??

what are you, their mom?

healthy schmelthy

Yeah what the fuck? A preachy PTA? Just give them their pizza, its the only reason they come anyways.

[quote]Fiction wrote:
I personally am on the executive board of a student organization of about 50 people. [/quote]

I hate the “I personally” catch phrase all hip with the youngins. “Personally” in this case is both redundant and ridiculous. And it sounds silly in interviews and looks worse on cover letters.

On topic: Have you considered BBQ?

[quote]Tex Ag wrote:

[quote]Fiction wrote:
I personally am on the executive board of a student organization of about 50 people. [/quote]

I hate the “I personally” catch phrase all hip with the youngins. “Personally” in this case is both redundant and ridiculous. And it sounds silly in interviews and looks worse on cover letters.

On topic: Have you considered BBQ?[/quote]

I, by proxy, am on the executive board of a student organization of about 50 people.

I might have to start showing up though. Apparently the dipshit pissed everyone off by taking away their pizza.

I personally hate the word serendipity. I’d punch it in the face if it had one.

[quote]I hate the “I personally” catch phrase all hip with the youngins. “Personally” in this case is both redundant and ridiculous. And it sounds silly in interviews and looks worse on cover letters.

The word “personally” was not used as a catchphrase, but as a way to distinguish and clarify the content of the first sentence. Without the word personally, it might be construed that I have some direct control of the larger student population. I don’t. I personally only have control over my smaller group, but I may be able to work indirectly to influence the administrators to provide some healthier options.

As an aside: Good God…maybe I just caught everyone on their periods, but the quality of discussions on these boards have declined. I post a serious question regarding improving the healthfulness of food provided to the student body, and I get people bitching about me trying to be their mom and a comment about my word choice?

On topic: No, I haven’t–were you thinking about catered BBQ?

[quote]Fiction wrote:

[quote]I hate the “I personally” catch phrase all hip with the youngins. “Personally” in this case is both redundant and ridiculous. And it sounds silly in interviews and looks worse on cover letters.

The word “personally” was not used as a catchphrase, but as a way to distinguish and clarify the content of the first sentence. Without the word personally, it might be construed that I have some direct control of the larger student population. I don’t. I personally only have control over my smaller group, but I may be able to work indirectly to influence the administrators to provide some healthier options.

As an aside: Good God…maybe I just caught everyone on their periods, but the quality of discussions on these boards have declined. I post a serious question regarding improving the healthfulness of food provided to the student body, and I get people bitching about me trying to be their mom and a comment about my word choice?

On topic: No, I haven’t–were you thinking about catered BBQ?[/quote]The declining quality of conversation has nothing to do with retarded threads like yours though, right?

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:

[/quote]
There is a chain here that serves real, honest to goodness southern fried chicken. It’s called Chicken Express.

They serve their chicken with white gravy and packets of seasoning you can mix in called Serendipity.

Should you ever eat this, you will view serendipity in a very serendipitous manner.

[quote]Fiction wrote:

On topic: No, I haven’t–were you thinking about catered BBQ?[/quote]

The sentence reads fine without the superfluous “personally”

On topic: yes, unless you have access to a large number of smokers and a day or more to kill.

[quote]Fiction wrote:
I was thinking that getting a huge slow cooker and cooking up some healthy stew or chili for the bunch.[/quote]

great idea, fat-free turkey chili is always a winner

[quote]chillain wrote:

[quote]Fiction wrote:
I was thinking that getting a huge slow cooker and cooking up some healthy stew or chili for the bunch.[/quote]

great idea, fat-free turkey chili is always a winner
[/quote]

Isn’t he talking about 100-200 people?

lol.

do the same thing they always do. use the same contacts. keep the same schedual.

now that you have all this extra time you can do other cool things. like naked girls or working out or skyrim or sleeping

[quote]The declining quality of conversation has nothing to do with retarded threads like yours though, right?
[/quote]

I’d say it has more to do with worthless posts such as these. Still not clear exactly why folks have a problem with this thread.

Skyrim isn’t cool though.

[quote]Fiction wrote:

[quote]The declining quality of conversation has nothing to do with retarded threads like yours though, right?
[/quote]

I’d say it has more to do with worthless posts such as these. Still not clear exactly why folks have a problem with this thread. [/quote]
Ok, serious reply, check your budget and shop around. / retarded thread.

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:

[/quote]
There is a chain here that serves real, honest to goodness southern fried chicken. It’s called Chicken Express.

They serve their chicken with white gravy and packets of seasoning you can mix in called Serendipity.

Should you ever eat this, you will view serendipity in a very serendipitous manner.[/quote]

How am I supposed to experience serendipity now that you’ve told me about it?

See? Thats why I’d like to punch it in the face.

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:

[/quote]

Should you ever eat this, you will view serendipity in a very serendipitous manner.[/quote]

How am I supposed to experience serendipity now that you’ve told me about it?

See? Thats why I’d like to punch it in the face.

[/quote]
I can show you the pond but you catch the fish.

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:
Skyrim isn’t cool though.[/quote]

i know this hot girl who lets me touch her boobs and thinks skyrim is cool

so for the moment, i think skyrim is cool too

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:
Skyrim isn’t cool though.[/quote]

i know this hot girl who lets me touch her boobs and thinks skyrim is cool

so for the moment, i think skyrim is cool too[/quote]

We have a winner. HM=1 HG=0

But I am biased cause I put in about 60 hours in Skyrim.