T Nation

Cheap Tropical Vacation Ideas

Anybody know of any tropical countries that have great snorkeling, beaches, and safety for barging prices? I am starting to plan for this winter.

I am looking at cities/countries in Mexico, Caribbean, and Central America.

[quote]bmf_inc wrote:
Anybody know of any tropical countries that have great snorkeling, beaches, and safety for barging prices? I am starting to plan for this winter.

I am looking at cities/countries in Mexico, Caribbean, and Central America.[/quote]

Haiti. Bring a gun, by the way.

go to the florida keys, best reefs , best fishing, no currency change, no translation and thank god no greasy foreigners.

[quote]moonjumper wrote:
go to the florida keys, best reefs , best fishing, no currency change, no translation and thank god no greasy foreigners.[/quote]

Yeah- I was just reading something in a dive magazine and they mentioned you could book dive vacations (which include room and board, scuba gear, and two dives per day) for 72 bucks a day per person. You could probably find something even cheaper since you werent planning on diving- only snorkeling, ya nancy ;).

Have you watched the news lately? I don’t think that “cheap” and “tropical vacations” are things that should be combined at present.

check out Looe Key, its a reef system, that goes fron 2’ deep to 80’. I have brought people there ho have dove all over the world, and they are always impresses.

Hey fancy pants, tanks are people who cant hold their breath, or aren’t in shape.

http://www.underwaterflorida.homestead.com/spearfish.html

this is a link where I shot a 94# wahoo freediving.
“tanks no thanks Im in shape” our saying

You want to stay in Big Pine Key for Looe.
get wet

[quote]moonjumper wrote:
check out Looe Key, its a reef system, that goes fron 2’ deep to 80’. I have brought people there ho have dove all over the world, and they are always impresses.

Hey fancy pants, tanks are people who cant hold their breath, or aren’t in shape.

http://www.underwaterflorida.homestead.com/spearfish.html

this is a link where I shot a 94# wahoo freediving.
“tanks no thanks Im in shape” our saying

You want to stay in Big Pine Key for Looe.
get wet [/quote]

Moonjumper ? the looe key looks amazing, I had no idea that it existed in the states?I will give this some serious thought, thanks.

Throw a canoe in the ocean and drift until someone decides to pick you up. Bring a fishing rod and one of those survival water condenser things.

As with any vacation, don’t forget to bring clothes for inclement weather and also some suncreen.

Good luck!

P.S. Be careful not to hook your water condenser with your fishing gear, or you good vacation will quickly turn bad.

Puerto Penasco AKA as Rocky point a couple hours south of Phoenix. It is like taking a cheap Phoenix Vacation. It is relatively cheap and safe. I also hear a lot about Ros? Rita beach, but have never been there.
Not quite tropical but a dersert on the ocean