T Nation

Cheap Protein Supplement is Nasty

i bought today some cheap-ass whey protein supplement that taste like shit at the costco. Webber naturals european best whey. 17g proteine for a 22gr scoop. Cost: 35$ for 2kg(4,4lb) Before this i bought some cheap soy protein isolate made by kaizen 35gr proteine for 40gr scoop . 50$ for 2kg. Are these supplement good or should i never buy these brand again? what should i do to make it taste better without adding calories and fat?

I noramlly use Metabolic Drive but just for the hell of it I ordered a tub of Grow! Whey and tried it today for the first time. Damn that’s some really good shit for only $32. You should try that although you will end up paying more for shipping because you live in America Jr. Just do it anyway it will be worth it!

I’ve just ordered in 10kgs (22lbs) of protein from a wholeseller, so I’m hoping it isn’t shit. It is more than 80% protein though, which is much better than many cheap ones, and it’s unflavoured so I can add cacao or whatever.

At the risk of sounding like a Biotest whore it is a hard deal to beat. 5lbs of Grow! Whey for $33 delivered. Sure you can get 10lb tubes elsewhere but is the quality as good and how much are you paying for delivery?

Just grind up some dried pork livers, and you got some quality ‘protein powda’ right there.

Eat up!

where do i buy 5lbs of Grow! Whey for 33$ delivered? Is Grow! Whey protein or iso?

[quote]jasmincar wrote:
where do i buy 5lbs of Grow! Whey for 33$ delivered? Is Grow! Whey protein or iso?[/quote]

Click on store below the second M in Magnum at the top of the page. Not sure what the Canadian shipping situation is like though

[quote]jasmincar wrote:
i bought today some cheap-ass whey protein supplement that taste like shit at the costco. Webber naturals european best whey. 17g proteine for a 22gr scoop. Cost: 35$ for 2kg(4,4lb) Before this i bought some cheap soy protein isolate made by kaizen 35gr proteine for 40gr scoop . 50$ for 2kg. Are these supplement good or should i never buy these brand again? what should i do to make it taste better without adding calories and fat?[/quote]

First off, aviod soy protein like the plague unless you want to look like a woman. Soy is the devil.

Secondly, I agree with everyone suggesting that you try Grow! protein from Biotest. You might end up paying slightly more after shipping, but knowing that you’re getting a quality product that tastes a lot better makes it well worth it IMO.

Costco does not carry good protein just stay away from it. Biotest’s Grow! is good and cheap at 33 and free shipping. If you have to have good taste try Optimum Nutrition (ON) chocolate is very good protein more expensive but taste good.

it cost 22$ more to ship where i live. Why should i avoid soy protein? Actually I took 80 gr of soy iso protein each day for 1-2 month.

Ouch! Instead of going cheap, can’t you re-budget for quality stuff or improve your income situation?

[quote]drmbldr wrote:
Ouch! Instead of going cheap, can’t you re-budget for quality stuff or improve your income situation? [/quote]

wouldn’t everybody like to do that?

[quote]jasmincar wrote:
it cost 22$ more to ship where i live. Why should i avoid soy protein? Actually I took 80 gr of soy iso protein each day for 1-2 month. [/quote]

Has your wrist gone limp yet? (kidding, sort of)

Read the article linked below for the whole soy story…

i like dymatize. no matter what other brands i try, they come close, but dymatize seems to work the best for me, and hands down it has the best taste no matter what flavor you buy.

[quote]nycsoccax wrote:
drmbldr wrote:
Ouch! Instead of going cheap, can’t you re-budget for quality stuff or improve your income situation?

wouldn’t everybody like to do that?

[/quote]

Yes, everybody would like to do that, but not everybody actually goes and does something about it to make it happen.