Cheap Protein Shakers?

Anyone know where I can get cheap protein shakers? Or know how to ask Biotest to start making some so we can pimp their brand to all of our gym going friends?

at the risk of sounding like a wanker, does anyone know where you CANT get cheap protein shakers?

Target
Costco
Any supermarket
99c store
Walmart
Sears
Rite-Aid
Amazon
GNC
Linens and Things
Duane Reade

need i go on…

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_consumer/our_favorite_stuff

Nate Green reviews one in the above link.

OP - I apologize if you taking the brunt of some built up frustration surrounding a few questions here lately.

[quote]stevo_ wrote:
at the risk of sounding like a wanker, does anyone know where you CANT get cheap protein shakers?

Target
Costco
Any supermarket
99c store
Walmart
Sears
Rite-Aid
Amazon
GNC
Linens and Things
Duane Reade

need i go on…

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_consumer/our_favorite_stuff

Nate Green reviews one in the above link.

OP - I apologize if you taking the brunt of some built up frustration surrounding a few questions here lately.

[/quote]

The one Nate Green reviews is the best shaker bottle I’ve used. They sell it at GNC or Vitamin Shoppe. Its about $8.

Yeah I work at a GNC and frequent about half of the stores on the list, but to me cheap isn’t $8. It’s more around the area of, oh I don’t know… $2? After all two years ago that’s what I was paying for shakers, $1.99.

Plus I really just want a bad ass shaker that says Biotest. I mean come on… don’t you?

I’ve got so many crappy shakers, but the best ones I’ve found are the Turbo-shakers (or turbo mixers, or turbo-something). THe top lid and bottom have a staggered fan-like shape, so when you shake the entire conatainer up and down, it creates a whirling effect on whatever’s inside (actually mixes your stuff well! Who knew?!)

S

But is it cheap? I’m a poor college student.

think it was like $5 online. I bought 3 of em

S

Wal~Mart two bucks!

They cost more up front but if you get a stainless cocktail shaker you’ll save in the long run, a good one will last a long time.

Damn it if I don’t hate wal-mart though!

The rubbermaid ones with the red screw on cap with the little “lid” that pops open attached to the plastic thingy that keeps the “lid” attached to the cap that’s attached to the bottle itself.

Yeah, those are $2. And they blow balls.

Sometimes the lid will pop open on you, making a huge fucking mess, and one day i tapped the bottle on a table because some protein was staying dry and clumped on the bottom, and they break.

I’ve got 5, and I will be ditching them piece by piece as I get the money for better ones, probably those blender bottles that nate green reviews.

$8 is expensive to me too, though. Maybe just get one and rinse it out real good? Bet you can go a week without washing.

And if it’s a matter of drinking many shakes throughout the day? Put the powder in ziplock bags, one protein shake worth in each one you need. Then you just throw the powder in, add water, drink, rinse, and then add powder when it’s time to do it again.

In my personal opinion protein shakers are money making genius. “Hey, lets make a jar and convince all those meat-heads that its the only thing that will shake up their protein powder!”…a couple million dollars later. You want a cheap protein shaker? My protein shaker is an empty peanut butter jar. I have never had it fail to mix up protein well in milk or water.

Also, the lid will never come flying of and send your protein drink all over the front of your shorts( This happened to a friend and I did piss myself). Plus, how many other protein shakers come full of peanut butter??

I don’t get the problem with paying 8 bucks for a shaker bottle. One less burger, and you have one that kicks ass and lasts you at least several years. Why pay 2 dollars for crap that you’ll throw out in a month anyway?