Cheap Dip/Pull-Up Station?

I’m going to throw one in my garage so I can at least do dips/pull-ups when I dont have time to make it to the gym.

The problem is I need one that has a weight-assisted/leverage option so my g/f can use it as well.

I’ve seen dip/pull towers as low as $100. However, everything with an assisted feature seems to be closer to $500, which is more than I’m willing to spend.

Any suggestions??

Your research is right about prices. An affordable solution may be elastic bands (for assistance) with the $100 options. Otherwise, you can try craigslist or strike luck at a garage sale.

Use bands for assisted pull-ups and dips. http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=465449

Buy bungee cord in about 8’ lengths. 3 lengths of 1’4" or 2 lengths of 3/8" should work for the gf. Tie it to the chinning bar and have her stand in it to do chin-ups. As she gets stronger use fewer bungees. Use a similar set-up for the dip station. A 6’ length of 3/8" bungee should work fine. The bungee will allow her to perform multiple reps of the movement. Works great and cheap.

TNT

[quote]RickyBobby wrote:
I’m going to throw one in my garage so I can at least do dips/pull-ups when I dont have time to make it to the gym.

The problem is I need one that has a weight-assisted/leverage option so my g/f can use it as well.

I’ve seen dip/pull towers as low as $100. However, everything with an assisted feature seems to be closer to $500, which is more than I’m willing to spend.

Any suggestions??[/quote]

I’ve seen some of the assisted ones at sports authority for close to $200