Chavez to Cut Off Oil

[quote]Valentinius wrote:
orion wrote:

To call people cowards that are willing to give their lifes to kill the enemy, no matter how misguided they are, while calling people who shell or bomb people from miles away heroes and “supporting” them smells of rank hypocrisy.

Maybe you are so used to your own BS that you mistake the fresh air if someone exposes it to the sunlight as somehow odorous.

I wasn’t aware strapping a bomb to yourself after getting all high on the Mohammed Spirit and killing women and children in Bazaars was heroic either. It’s a shame all those women and children are the enemy. Women and their damned wily ways. For shame.

Let’s all jump on the women and children slaughter bandwagon! Toot toot…

[/quote]

Well, most Americans willingly have and it was all “worth it”, remember?

There is also quite a lot of room between “not acting cowardly” and heroic.

I claim the first, you hear the latter-

Why is that?

[quote]orion wrote:
Valentinius wrote:
orion wrote:

To call people cowards that are willing to give their lifes to kill the enemy, no matter how misguided they are, while calling people who shell or bomb people from miles away heroes and “supporting” them smells of rank hypocrisy.

Maybe you are so used to your own BS that you mistake the fresh air if someone exposes it to the sunlight as somehow odorous.

I wasn’t aware strapping a bomb to yourself after getting all high on the Mohammed Spirit and killing women and children in Bazaars was heroic either. It’s a shame all those women and children are the enemy. Women and their damned wily ways. For shame.

Let’s all jump on the women and children slaughter bandwagon! Toot toot…

Well, most Americans willingly have and it was all “worth it”, remember?

There is also quite a lot of room between “not acting cowardly” and heroic.

I claim the first, you hear the latter-

Why is that?[/quote]

Probably for the same reason that you can’t recognize sarcasm.

On a side note…the only refineries in the world that can refine Venezuelan oil are in the USA. The Venezuelans should have locked up El Presidente for insanity a long time ago.

[quote]orion wrote:
rainjack wrote:

I guess by your dodging the bet, you are as big a coward as your brothers-in-bomb-vests. You have yet to let me down. You keep validating my disgust at your existence.

People in bomb vests are cowards?

Bomber crews and artillery personnel are heroes?

[/quote]

Suicide is both a cowardly and selfish act. It is often the easy way out. The person rather die then to continue to deal with life. Taking other people with you is even more of a cowardly act in that misery loves company.
Suicide bombers are offered a “shortcut” to heaven. Rather then deal with life and try to live a good life until it’s inevitable end, they’d rather take a short cut to get to heaven for the 72 virgins. For them a bomb vest is cheaper than a strip club, I guess. In their case, they actually believe that crapand if you believe that then you are taking the easy way out. In any event, they aren’t doing it for the “cause” or for Allah, they are doing it to get pussy.

I am still waiting for somebody to explain what the fuck the poor women get if they “martyr” themselves? Certainly they wouldn’t want 72 dudes who want to suppress, oppress, mistreat and beat them? Maybe they get chicks too? An Shagri-la of lesbian love? Perhaps maybe 72 American men who know how to treat a woman?

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
On a side note…the only refineries in the world that can refine Venezuelan oil are in the USA. The Venezuelans should have locked up El Presidente for insanity a long time ago.[/quote]

No there are a few in Europe. The Venezuelans can also refine it. Shipping the refined product, though would be outrageously expensive. Unfortunately, he’s bluffing. He’s just throwing a temper tantrum like a spoiled 3 year old.
What I would like to see, is the owners of the Citgo stations panic on the news and switch to another brand. WE have so many enemies to choose from, why stick with Chavez?

[quote]orion wrote:
rainjack wrote:
orion wrote:
rainjack wrote:

I guess by your dodging the bet, you are as big a coward as your brothers-in-bomb-vests. You have yet to let me down. You keep validating my disgust at your existence.

Where have you been? I thought it smelled much better in here for a while - now I know why.

What do you call a vest made of bombs? I was going to use car-bombs, but I decided against it. Had I known you would be in here critiquing, I would have gone with my first choice.

It does not matter.

[/quote]

Since when are innocent women and children the enemy? You are honestly equating targeted military strikes designed to minimize collateral damage, and walking into a child care facility, cafe, or movie theater with bombs strapped to your chest?

You are warped.

I’m quite sure the BS was coming from your direction.

[quote]orion wrote:
Those Iraqis are fighting this war in a way consistent with their culture and in the long run they will win.
[/quote]

Despite your cheerleading for the terrorists, they will not win. But it is good to see you admitting that they are cowards, even though you seem to agree with their tactics.

Only those with a huge yellow stripe down their back are blind to the cowardice that is terrorism.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
orion wrote:
rainjack wrote:
orion wrote:
rainjack wrote:

Where have you been? I thought it smelled much better in here for a while - now I know why.

What do you call a vest made of bombs? I was going to use car-bombs, but I decided against it. Had I known you would be in here critiquing, I would have gone with my first choice.

It does not matter.

Since when are innocent women and children the enemy? You are honestly equating targeted military strikes designed to minimize collateral damage, and walking into a child care facility, cafe, or movie theater with bombs strapped to your chest?

You are warped.

[/quote]
Yeah, dumbass, they are targeting and killing Iraqi citizens indiscriminately. They are the enemy? What the fuck?

[quote]rainjack wrote:
orion wrote:
rainjack wrote:
orion wrote:
rainjack wrote:

It does not matter.

You are warped.

[/quote]

They are doing the best with what they have.

They can continue to do that for centuries.

You can`t.

They´ll win.

Plus, they are doing their best to get at American and Iraqi soldiers and at least their suicide bombers have one critical problem figured out:

How to kill lots of you while losing relatively few of them.

[quote]pat wrote:
rainjack wrote:
orion wrote:
rainjack wrote:
orion wrote:
rainjack wrote:

It does not matter.

You are warped.

Yeah, dumbass, they are targeting and killing Iraqi citizens indiscriminately. They are the enemy? What the fuck?
[/quote]

As I posted above that is a very Western way of looking at things.

However, most Arabs do not share the view that “collateral” damage is somehow ok, while killing civilians in another setting is not.

Dead is dead, and when it comes to killing Iraqi civilians the US has simply killed more. That this really was not that bad, because of a technicality we consider to be important when waging war is of no meaning to them.

You went over there and instead of bribing this fucker and get him out of there hundreds of thousands died.

That is what they remember. Anything more philosophical was buried with their children.

[quote]orion wrote:
…How to kill lots of you while losing relatively few of them.

[/quote]

You really have no idea what is going on, do you?

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
orion wrote:

You really have no idea what is going on, do you?[/quote]

I think someone got on the peyote.

[quote]orion wrote:

However, most Arabs do not share the view that “collateral” damage is somehow ok, while killing civilians in another setting is not.

Dead is dead, and when it comes to killing Iraqi civilians the US has simply killed more. That this really was not that bad, because of a technicality we consider to be important when waging war is of no meaning to them.

You went over there and instead of bribing this fucker and get him out of there hundreds of thousands died.

That is what they remember. Anything more philosophical was buried with their children.[/quote]

Looks like Orion is confusing war with freshman Cultural Anthropology class down that the community college.

[quote]orion wrote:
pat wrote:
rainjack wrote:
orion wrote:
rainjack wrote:
orion wrote:
rainjack wrote:

It does not matter.

You are warped.

That is what they remember. Anything more philosophical was buried with their children.

[/quote]

Quit while your behind.

Let’s get this straightened out once and for all:

• Suicide bombers are not cowards! Depending on who they target (the invaders whom they can’t defeat any other way, or the innocent shopper in a Baghdad market), they are either damn courageous heroes or suicidal criminal maniacs. You can accuse them of being irrational, impulsive or even stupid, but the one thing you can’t say is that they’re cowards. They were the ones being aggressed.

• The idea that suicide bombers generally blow themselves up for pussy is a myth and shows complete and total ignorance of the issue. Although, I can understand that it is more appealing to some of you to think in those terms to rationalize the horrors and killings perpetrated in your name and on your dime. Suicide bombers in Iraq are driven by plenty of things: nationalism, Arabism, a profound sense of despair and the inability to do anything about the bloody foreigners from half-way across the globe who invaded Iraq.

Anyway, this whole situation was predicted from the get go. No, not by one silent scholar in the Galapagos Islands, but by the entire world along with millions of Americans. And trust me, all the orphaned Iraqis are yet to take their (mostly symbolic) revenge.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
orion wrote:

You really have no idea what is going on, do you?[/quote]

Of course I do.

They want you gone.

You´ll go sooner or later.

Considering they are waging war against a western power their causalities are surprisingly low, if you do not count Iraqi civilians as “them”.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
orion wrote:

You really have no idea what is going on, do you?

I think someone got on the peyote. [/quote]

Constructive as always-

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
orion wrote:

Looks like Orion is confusing war with freshman Cultural Anthropology class down that the community college.[/quote]

I think you are confusing a war with a jihad.

They don´t.

Plus, your idea of what war is or should be is irrelevant if you cannot make your enemy play by your rules.

[quote]pat wrote:

Quit while your behind.[/quote]

Am I?

Is my money used to keep oil prices high and to feed the empire?

Am I or my relatives in danger of being attacked?

I think I am ahead by not even playing, because contrary to a powerful American myth some games need not be “won”, they must not be played at all.

[quote]lixy wrote:
Let’s get this straightened out once and for all:

• Suicide bombers are not cowards! …[/quote]

Sticking up for your heroes I see.

Perhaps you could emulate them. I suggest a practice run alone to make sure you get it right.