Chavez At The UN

I heard ted bundy had a pleasant baritone.

However, I’ve always been totally against him.

[quote]and I don’t know if he’s any more suited than Bush to have it.
[/quote]

There it is!!! chavez=bush hey irish?

irish, do you agree with chavez and his speech at the U.N.?

Specifically, were you pleased that he called Bush a devil?

Do you think Bush is the devil?

Make sure you answer yes and no, please.

This is fascinating to plumb the depths of this hatred. It is illuminating.

JeffR

The CIA should give Colombia the money to invade and overthrow him. Colombia could be twice as big and grow even more cocoa plants…

[quote]knewsom wrote:
JeffR wrote:
I’ve been wondering if the psychotic hatred against Bush is enough to overcome the anger at some two-bit punk running his mouth at our President.

So far, Knewsom is the only guy on the left who has pseudo-denounced the speech by this crackpot.

It’s fascinating to watch the usual suspects try to get their mind around the fact that they share sentiments with hugo chavez.

JeffR

Like I said, he used a foolish tool to make a valid point.

the UN IS poorly organized, and the Security Council basically runs the show (and/or do whatever the fuck the feel like) while other countries question their very presence. Do I share that sentiment? Sure. So do lots of people.
[/quote]

Hey, Knewsom. I wanted to let you know that you are one of the few lefties on this board whose criticism of the Republicans I take seriously.
From time to time, you have broken with party ranks. You have denounced stupidity in many forms.

I appreciate and respect that.

I agree that the u.n. is a joke. It reminds me of the league of nations. The fact that annan is still it’s leader says all you need to know. Throw in libya as part of the human rights committee and you get the picture.

Further, to have france on the u.n. security council is an anachronism.

Finally, whether you agree with the invasion of 2003 or not, you must understand that the failure of that body to enforce their resolutions made them completely impotent.

They didn’t have to commit one ground soldier. However, by giving the green light to the invasion, they would have preserved their integrity. What they did by allowing the french to hijack the negotiations, was to look weak, vacillating, and full of hot air. Remember the french declaring at a critical juncture that they would not support military force against saddam under ANY circumstances?

Finally, chavez’s comments put in sharp relief the depths of psychosis regarding GWB that many lefties had.

I’ll be the first person to state publically that if some dink like this had come to the u.n. and acted like this during billy boy’s administration, I would have been angry.

Punks like this should be repudiated for besmirching the office of the Presidency.

JeffR

[quote]rainjack wrote:
I wish my words carried that much clout - and I often fantasize about people listening to me - but I have a wife and 2 kids. I know exactly how intensely I am NOT listened to. [/quote]

Stop crying. All married guys with kids (like us) are in the same boat.

F Chavez!

We should invade and take his oil right now!!

[quote]Marmadogg wrote:
rainjack wrote:
I wish my words carried that much clout - and I often fantasize about people listening to me - but I have a wife and 2 kids. I know exactly how intensely I am NOT listened to.

Stop crying. All married guys with kids (like us) are in the same boat.[/quote]

I only cry into my pillow late at night.

I am a lefty, yes I think Bush is a idiot, but I don’t think he is the Devil.

I think he does what he does because he believes that he is doing what is best. I don’t agree with him on many points, I don’t think he should be arrested, impeached, I just don’t like him.

But I do have to say when Shaves came to the UN and called him the devil and that he should be put on trial that realy made me mad.

I have always said I think the UN should be in Europe but now I think It should be in the middle east…let all the embassaders live in a dictatorship rather than in NYC, and see if they boo Bush then

After Bush - Smells like the devil

After Chavez - Smells like bullshit…

[quote]RoadWarrior wrote:
The CIA should give Colombia the money to invade and overthrow him. Colombia could be twice as big and grow even more cocoa plants…[/quote]

Then we can all get our chocolate fixes cheap!

This Chavez speach actually couldn’t have come at a better time. With the midterm elections right around the corner, and Chavez only echoing what the dems are saying, the backlash will be significant.

This speech should be making the Dems very nervous, as is evident with the press conferences by Pelosi and Rangel.

With their hate Bush rhetoric sounding so eerily simillar, the dems will have a hard time seperating themselves from the Chavez backlash.

Do you find it weird that very few people have actually condemed his speech. Republicans and democrats alike.

There are only a handful of people that have said anything.

[quote]bigflamer wrote:
This Chavez speach actually couldn’t have come at a better time. With the midterm elections right around the corner, and Chavez only echoing what the dems are saying, the backlash will be significant.

This speech should be making the Dems very nervous, as is evident with the press conferences by Pelosi and Rangel.

With their hate Bush rhetoric sounding so eerily simillar, the dems will have a hard time seperating themselves from the Chavez backlash.[/quote]

Maybe Bush paid Chavez to say that stuff.

No…wait…Bush is too stupid for that. It has to be Rove, or Cheney.

I’ll wait for the tin foil hatters to sort it out. This should be right up their alley.

Chavez also commented that one of his regrets was not getting a chance to meet the great anti-imperialist author Noam Chomsky before he died.

Chomsky is 77 years old, and therefore, not dead.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
bigflamer wrote:

With their hate Bush rhetoric sounding so eerily simillar, the dems will have a hard time seperating themselves from the Chavez backlash.

Maybe Bush paid Chavez to say that stuff.

No…wait…Bush is too stupid for that. It has to be Rove, or Cheney.

I’ll wait for the tin foil hatters to sort it out. This should be right up their alley. [/quote]

Hahaha!

Yea, no doubt. They are the experts :-]

[quote]LNEX wrote:
I am a lefty, yes I think Bush is a idiot, but I don’t think he is the Devil.

I think he does what he does because he believes that he is doing what is best. I don’t agree with him on many points, I don’t think he should be arrested, impeached, I just don’t like him.

But I do have to say when Shaves came to the UN and called him the devil and that he should be put on trial that realy made me mad.

I have always said I think the UN should be in Europe but now I think It should be in the middle east…let all the embassaders live in a dictatorship rather than in NYC, and see if they boo Bush then

[/quote]

Spot On!

[quote]JeffR wrote:
knewsom wrote:
JeffR wrote:
I’ve been wondering if the psychotic hatred against Bush is enough to overcome the anger at some two-bit punk running his mouth at our President.

So far, Knewsom is the only guy on the left who has pseudo-denounced the speech by this crackpot.

It’s fascinating to watch the usual suspects try to get their mind around the fact that they share sentiments with hugo chavez.

JeffR

Like I said, he used a foolish tool to make a valid point.

the UN IS poorly organized, and the Security Council basically runs the show (and/or do whatever the fuck the feel like) while other countries question their very presence. Do I share that sentiment? Sure. So do lots of people.

Hey, Knewsom. I wanted to let you know that you are one of the few lefties on this board whose criticism of the Republicans I take seriously.
From time to time, you have broken with party ranks. You have denounced stupidity in many forms.

I appreciate and respect that.

I agree that the u.n. is a joke. It reminds me of the league of nations. The fact that annan is still it’s leader says all you need to know. Throw in libya as part of the human rights committee and you get the picture.

Further, to have france on the u.n. security council is an anachronism.

Finally, whether you agree with the invasion of 2003 or not, you must understand that the failure of that body to enforce their resolutions made them completely impotent.

They didn’t have to commit one ground soldier. However, by giving the green light to the invasion, they would have preserved their integrity. What they did by allowing the french to hijack the negotiations, was to look weak, vacillating, and full of hot air. Remember the french declaring at a critical juncture that they would not support military force against saddam under ANY circumstances?

Finally, chavez’s comments put in sharp relief the depths of psychosis regarding GWB that many lefties had.

I’ll be the first person to state publically that if some dink like this had come to the u.n. and acted like this during billy boy’s administration, I would have been angry.

Punks like this should be repudiated for besmirching the office of the Presidency.

JeffR[/quote]

Cheers, Jeff, right back atcha.

As for the UN, I agree that it’s a fairly impotent body - they made a resolution against the US invasion of Iraq, and then failed to enforce it. Had they deployed thousands of Chinese, French, Russian, and German troops there to oppose our invasion, I’m fairly confident that we would not have invaded. They bluffed, we called it.

As for France being on the security council, well, name the 10 most powerful countries in the world, militarily, and France will be among them. US, China, Russia, Great Britain, France, Germany, North Korea, South Korea, India, Pakistan, and that’s about it. …not only among them, but toward the top of the list. I’d venture to say a top 5 world power.

As for how other world leaders refer to our leaders, well, if they use such foolish methods to belittle our president, then I DONT think it deserves to be glorified by denouncing it. He’s done a good enough job of making a fool of himself, we don’t need to point out that what he did was childish. Critisizing the pres of the US is fine - especially if those criticisms have merit. Lord knows Bush needs plenty of criticism. Perhaps even impeachment for lying to the American public and Congress in order to go to war. But that obviously doesn’t make him the devil. That’s the line between angry feelings of betrayal (which I feel, along with plenty of others in our country) and hatred. Chavez has crossed that line, and it’s a great pity that he has. He had potential to be a positive force in the world, and that opportunity is slipping through his fingers.

“Perhaps even impeachment for lying to the American public and Congress in order to go to war.”

I hear this all the time. How was he lying when he had the same ntelligence that every senator was given. If he was lying then everyone else was too.

Tony Blair made a good comment about this. I’m not quoting but it went along the lines of this.

“Question regarding intelligence faliures”

If our critics were right and we found no WMD’s then at least we got rid of one of the worlds most ruthless dictators. History will forgive us.

If our critics were wrong and he had and used WMD’s then history would have never forgiving us for doing nothing.

[quote]knewsom wrote:
again, he’s not a communist, and he’s not a dictator. Yes, he did something foolish to garner attention. people do that every day. you included.[/quote]

Well, clearly he’s proven that he’s not a communist – I mean, a catholic communist would be like a Christian asking for somebody to be assassinated…

Next thing we know, Fidel Castro will invite the pope to come to Cuba.

Oh, wait…

Now all kidding aside – is it just me or there’s a trend for electing leaders that are religious and seem to be quite ready to be committed? Are voters picking their candidates based on which one sounds the most certifiably insane?

It certainly looks like it.

At least we’re not alone. Apparently people are stupid EVERYWHERE, not just in the US… I feel better now.

Robin Williams for President!

[quote]bigflamer wrote:
As far as inconsistancies go, I think it’s funny how leftists and Bush haters will call him the dumbest person in the history of the presidency, then claim that he is the orchestrator of 9/11 and some new world order conspiracy. I doesn’t really add up IMHO.[/quote]
So, you use the “leftist” tag to mark anyone who doesn’t agree with you, and therefore conveniently mix people who accept the scientific fact that Bush is a moron with the ones who believe in wild conspiracy theories that he is an evil mastermind?

That’s retarded.

I expect you to qualify that accusation and point me to a quote by any Democratic party leader claiming that Bush is the “orchestrator of 9/11 and some new world order conspiracy”.

[quote]bigflamer wrote:
rainjack wrote:
I find it entertaining as well to see how - indistinguishable Chavez’s words are from the talking points of the DNC.

Who’s coaching who?

My point exactly.

From the nutjob in Iran, to the crazy asshole in Argentina, the DNC’s talking points are literally interchangable at times with these crazy fuckers.

I think they actually feed off each other.

[/quote]
What drives you to make this s–t up?
The DNC’s agenda is the same as the vast majority of this country—or hadn’t ya noticed?
Dealing with the Iraq fiasco
stem cells
health care
energy independence
security
environment
minimum wage
retirement
etc.

What aspect is “crazy”? Oh, none?
Then can you please stop with the nonsense.