Chavez At The UN

Chavez, apparently, thinks that Chomsky is a swell guy.

What’s funny is that you could have substituted Howard Dean, Moveon.org, dailykoz, Nancy Pelosi, etc., and the speach would have been the exact same.

You know what they say, Birds of a feather…

Assassination anyone?

[quote]bigflamer wrote:

What’s funny is that you could have substituted Howard Dean, Moveon.org, dailykoz, Nancy Pelosi, etc., and the speach would have been the exact same.

Video: Chavez flips out at the UN; Update: Did Chavez say "insh'allah" at his presser? – HotAir [/quote]

Chavez used a foolish and controversial tool to convey a valid point. Not that Bush is the “devil”, of course he’s not. Is he doing positive things for the world? Ehhhh, to be honest, I doubt it. Is Chavez doing more good things for the world? Not at this rate, no.

…but to state that any major US Democratic leader would’ve said exactly the same things in a speech is just as ludicrous as Chavez saing that Bush is “the devil”. Grow the fuck up, dude.

[quote]knewsom wrote:
bigflamer wrote:

Chavez used a foolish and controversial tool to convey a valid point. Not that Bush is the “devil”, of course he’s not. Is he doing positive things for the world? Ehhhh, to be honest, I doubt it. Is Chavez doing more good things for the world? Not at this rate, no.

…but to state that any major US Democratic leader would’ve said exactly the same things in a speech is just as ludicrous as Chavez saing that Bush is “the devil”. Grow the fuck up, dude.[/quote]

I find it a non-stop source of entertainment how much conservatives hate Dean and Pelosi, calling them dumb, fundamentalist or extremist depending on the phase of the moon… but then complain about how much Democrats hate Bush.

[quote]bigflamer wrote:

Video: Chavez flips out at the UN; Update: Did Chavez say "insh'allah" at his presser? – HotAir [/quote]
Funny because it’s not true?

“I smell sulfur. El Diablo (the Devil) has been here, speaking to you yesterday, the president of the United States.” After he said this shit for the 3rd time, I was hoping to hear the sound of flamethrowers, as some rational person applied same to this piece of human debris. When all the delegates began applauding, I was hoping to hear the same sound as some real human burned up all the trash.

Can we please kick this UN thing out of our country? Chavez wants it in Caracas. Let them all go there, then bomb 'em all. Kill every fucking rat, exterminate them all.

We can’t negotiate with these creatures; we can only exterminate them.

Headhunter

This is fantastic - it reminds me of what some of my classes in college were like.

No doubt there are thousands of university-age bobbleheads who will now sport t-shirts of Chavez and cite him as a hero. In which case I may go screen print a few thousand…never forget, the Revolution will be paid for with their trust funds!

And the fact that this played out at the ‘United’ Nations is quite amusing.

I’ve been wondering if the psychotic hatred against Bush is enough to overcome the anger at some two-bit punk running his mouth at our President.

So far, Knewsom is the only guy on the left who has pseudo-denounced the speech by this crackpot.

It’s fascinating to watch the usual suspects try to get their mind around the fact that they share sentiments with hugo chavez.

JeffR

[quote]JeffR wrote:
I’ve been wondering if the psychotic hatred against Bush is enough to overcome the anger at some two-bit punk running his mouth at our President.

So far, Knewsom is the only guy on the left who has pseudo-denounced the speech by this crackpot.

It’s fascinating to watch the usual suspects try to get their mind around the fact that they share sentiments with hugo chavez.

JeffR[/quote]

Like I said, he used a foolish tool to make a valid point.

the UN IS poorly organized, and the Security Council basically runs the show (and/or do whatever the fuck the feel like) while other countries question their very presence. Do I share that sentiment? Sure. So do lots of people.

[quote]hspder wrote:
I find it a non-stop source of entertainment how much conservatives hate Dean and Pelosi, calling them dumb, fundamentalist or extremist depending on the phase of the moon… but then complain about how much Democrats hate Bush.[/quote]

I find it entertaining as well to see how - indistinguishable Chavez’s words are from the talking points of the DNC.

Who’s coaching who?

Ahha Stop the Denial!

I agree with Rockscar. Take that man out, as Pat Robertson says. AHAHA

[quote]knewsom wrote:
the UN IS poorly organized, and the Security Council basically runs the show (and/or do whatever the fuck the feel like) while other countries question their very presence. Do I share that sentiment? Sure. So do lots of people.
[/quote]

Is there anyone that takes anything the UN says, or does, serious?

Nothing more than a dog and pony show to give islamo-fascists a stage in which to further their lies. And it gave an attention whore little communist dictator a world stage to act like he actually has an ounce of validity.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
knewsom wrote:

Is there anyone that takes anything the UN says, or does, serious?

Nothing more than a dog and pony show to give islamo-fascists a stage in which to further their lies. And it gave an attention whore little communist dictator a world stage to act like he actually has an ounce of validity.

[/quote]

again, he’s not a communist, and he’s not a dictator. Yes, he did something foolish to garner attention. people do that every day. you included.

meanwhile, you’re just giving him more publicity.

[quote]knewsom wrote:
again, he’s not a communist, and he’s not a dictator. Yes, he did something foolish to garner attention. people do that every day. you included.

meanwhile, you’re just giving him more publicity.[/quote]

I really doubt what I say is going to give him publicity. I wish my words carried that much clout - and I often fantasize about people listening to me - but I have a wife and 2 kids. I know exactly how intensely I am NOT listened to.

[quote]hspder wrote:
I find it a non-stop source of entertainment how much conservatives hate Dean and Pelosi, calling them dumb, fundamentalist or extremist depending on the phase of the moon… but then complain about how much Democrats hate Bush.[/quote]

Well, I can’t speak for all conservatives, but I never said that Pelosi and Dean were dumb. It’s probably more accurate to say that they’re quite smart. It’s their political ideoligy that I mainly have a problem with.

And I understand the point you’re trying to make, that conservatives are being inconsistant. I just think that the vital difference here is that hatred for the right, and for conservatives in general, has turned into the platform of the left.

They, at times, literall preach the same kind of hatred that Chavez preaches. I don’t see this kind of preached hatred for the left by the majority of the Republican party.

I mean, how many times is Bush going to be called evil, be compared to hitler, etc.

As far as inconsistancies go, I think it’s funny how leftists and Bush haters will call him the dumbest person in the history of the presidency, then claim that he is the orchestrator of 9/11 and some new world order conspiracy. I doesn’t really add up IMHO.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
I find it entertaining as well to see how - indistinguishable Chavez’s words are from the talking points of the DNC.

Who’s coaching who? [/quote]

My point exactly.

From the nutjob in Iran, to the crazy asshole in Argentina, the DNC’s talking points are literally interchangable at times with these crazy fuckers.

I think they actually feed off each other.

[quote]bigflamer wrote:
hspder wrote:
I find it a non-stop source of entertainment how much conservatives hate Dean and Pelosi, calling them dumb, fundamentalist or extremist depending on the phase of the moon… but then complain about how much Democrats hate Bush.

Well, I can’t speak for all conservatives, but I never said that Pelosi and Dean were dumb. It’s probably more accurate to say that they’re quite smart. It’s their political ideoligy that I mainly have a problem with.

And I understand the point you’re trying to make, that conservatives are being inconsistant. I just think that the vital difference here is that hatred for the right, and for conservatives in general, has turned into the platform of the left.

They, at times, literall preach the same kind of hatred that Chavez preaches. I don’t see this kind of preached hatred for the left by the majority of the Republican party.

I mean, how many times is Bush going to be called evil, be compared to hitler, etc.

As far as inconsistancies go, I think it’s funny how leftists and Bush haters will call him the dumbest person in the history of the presidency, then claim that he is the orchestrator of 9/11 and some new world order conspiracy. I doesn’t really add up IMHO.
[/quote]

No you see this is called a “Mental Block”

[quote]bigflamer wrote:

[/quote]

I’m sure Hitler would have loved Ann Coulter and Michael Savage.

I have a problem with the neocon ideology, so I’m glad the Democrats are splitting so heavily from them.

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
This is fantastic - it reminds me of what some of my classes in college were like.

No doubt there are thousands of university-age bobbleheads who will now sport t-shirts of Chavez and cite him as a hero. In which case I may go screen print a few thousand…never forget, the Revolution will be paid for with their trust funds!

And the fact that this played out at the ‘United’ Nations is quite amusing.[/quote]

I’m not going to say that I’m not interested in where some of his economic policies are going, so I’m not completely against him.

The pact with Iran and the repression of the media are things that make me very wary, as this is a man who wants power, and I don’t know if he’s any more suited than Bush to have it.