Chasing the Dragon

Here we go!

Welcome Rob, looking forward to your meet prep.

Hi Rob.

I look forward to cheering you on, and good luck!

I’m really enjoying reading all the stuff from guys with much more experience than me.

As a 5/3/1 fan you’ll fit right in. Hav’nt tried it myself (I’m very new to all this.) but I think its going to become compulsory if you want to post in here!

Welcome. Beware of Pete. He will have you talked into Multi ply in no time.

@Petes thank

[quote]Rob Batista wrote:
@Petes thanks…starting to zero in on competition mindset now

@Staffy 5/3/1 or any training program that focuses on basic compound movements is a great way to build fundamental strength. I’ll be in London on business at the end of this month for a week. If your up for a workout while I’m in town PM me, I always like helping out new lifters.[/quote]

I’m on the road myself from the 26th onwards, I work in London, so that would be cool.

Nice log name… Oh and welcome

Always enjoy following meet prep. Looking forward to seeing how your training goes. How long you been doing 5/3/1? I just can’t wrap my mind around that program. Not appealing in the least. But if I got results . . .

welcome to old meat heads land-

interested to read about your training

giggle Fisher’s log was or is named the same.

Welcome, Rob. Is that you in the avatar? Nice shoulders!

Welcome aboard Rob…whereabouts in NY do you live?

Hi

Yesterday

1300 total at 185 is pretty fine lifting.

Welcome to the home for wayward lifters.

Yesterday I did some heavy deadlifting and my hamstring told me I wasn’t ready for it. I pulled my hamstring back in July and thought it was fully healed…being over 40 sucks sometimes. I iced it ASAP and it feels fine today. [/quote]

I totally hear you with this. I did a possibly level 2 strain more than 3 years ago while aggressively deadlifting using the Bill Starr/Glem Pendlay advanced 5 X 5 program. I was doing great and my ego got the better of common sense I suppose. I still have to be aware of it, I sometimes tweak it a bit.

Welcome to the board, I am relatively new to regular posting here. When I got more active mjnewland said do 5/3/1 or we will eat you. I ran it but found if I have a bad day every so often I miss targets and then I don’t know what to do, do I deload as usual or what?

I will run it again, of course, just when I stop getting improvements with my current routine.

I hurt it sprinting full speed without warming up…stupid move. Felt like a sniper took me out and left a huge bruise.

Took a couple of days to rest and reset:

Awoke at 4:30 AM

Warmed up on elliptical while redline kicked in.

Squat: Worked my way up from just the bar to 315lbs for 8 reps. Hamstring didn’t hurt so i decided to cut weight to 185 and do 5 final really deep long paused sets for 10 reps. This is the “boring but big” template. I feel its what I need to get past this hamstring injury and get my confidence back.

I did the ab wheel afterwards for a bit and called it a morning…about 80 minutes.

I hurt it sprinting full speed without warming up…stupid move.[/quote]

^^^ Glad to see I’m not the only idiot to do this.

You say a 1300 total is your aim, where are you sitting at right now?

Welcome aboard.

Welcome, we’re always short on guys that like lifting heavy shit, I’m sure you’ll fit right in. Sorry to hear about the hamstring. A moment of neglect equals months of regret. Give’r hell!

[quote]FarmerBrett wrote:

I hurt it sprinting full speed without warming up…stupid move.[/quote]

^^^ Glad to see I’m not the only idiot to do this.

You say a 1300 total is your aim, where are you sitting at right now?

Welcome aboard.
[/quote]

1300 was what I unofficially did at 216lbs raw…my goal is to do the same at a lighter weight.