Chas Freeman - The Irony

It’s too much. On the way out the door he felt he had to say:

“Still, for the record: I have never sought to be paid or accepted payment from any foreign government, including Saudi Arabia or China, for any service, nor have I ever spoken on behalf of a foreign government, its interests, or its policies. I have never lobbied any branch of our government for any cause, foreign or domestic.”

Given the names and nature of those who attacked him, that’s unreal.

Might wanna post some info along with that. I had no idea who he was before reading this…

I’m still not getting your point? (Legit question.)

His views on China are interesting. He stated they didn’t act “fast enough” to supress the Tianeman Sq. protests and showed a lot of restraint. That’s a different perspective. No doubt our naval vessel is lucky the Chines didn’t just sink them the other day.

His views on the ME are also fairly entertaining and he did benefit from Saudi money after it was supposed to be cleansed by an NGO.

The Obama team failed to vet yet another member of the team.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:

Might wanna post some info along with that. I had no idea who he was before reading this…

I’m still not getting your point? (Legit question.)[/quote]

The point is that he’s forced to defend himself on allegations of being too close to foreign governments, while the people who brought down his hiring for a (non-political, non-policy making) job are the biggest and most prominent example of a foreign lobby that this country has. If the Foreign Agents Registration Act was being enforced many of them would have to register as such.