Chartible T-Nation Team

I think it would be a great thing to start a team to run marathons (less then 5 1/4 miles when split up by a team of 5) and paticipate in charity walks and such. I am aiming to put together a team to do the vegas marathon in dec. 06. Anyone find this idea interesting.

Look we either suffer from or know a friend or loved one with cancer, MS , arthritis, diabetes, aids. I think this would be a great way to get together with like minded folks and make a difference raise money and awareness.

Any ideas or takers would be most welcome and feel free to PM me.

Don’t think you can make a difference look at Rosa Parks or the Green Peace guy who brought dolphin slaughter into public conscience.

Can’t I lift heavy shit for charity? Why do I ALWAYS have to run?

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
Can’t I lift heavy shit for charity? Why do I ALWAYS have to run?[/quote]

Yea, good point. I’m with you on this.

[quote]SWR-1222D wrote:
analog_kid wrote:

Yea, good point. I’m with you on this.[/quote]

SWR, although it’s too late this year, you CAN lift heavy stuff for charity. The Stronger than All strongman show in New Haven, CT is THIS WEEKEND (sat, april 1st)in new haven, ct. And even tho you cant lift in it cuz entry has been closed for a month or so, your $10 entry will go towards the CT childrens hospital. I dont know where in ny you are, but new haven is probably and hour 15 to an hour and a half from the city.

There’s directions and info on www.ctstrongman.com. Plus, there are a bunch of T-Nationers there, I know I’m competing, loucifer and I think rrjc… a few others, there was a thread on it in the strength forum about 3 or 4 weeks ago.

Sorry for sounding like an ad, but it’s a good time for a good cause, so for anyone interested, it’s not too far, it’s a lousy 10 bucks that’ll go towards helping sick kids and beyond spectating there’s a grip gauntlet that’s open to all, I met Mike Miller (who might legitimately be the largest human i’ve ever met,) Vinny Dizenzo - 800 lb bench presser - gave a free seminar on benching … tons of stuff. If you’re in the area come on out. Shameless plug over.

[quote]KBCThird wrote:
SWR-1222D wrote:
analog_kid wrote:

Yea, good point. I’m with you on this.

SWR, although it’s too late this year, you CAN lift heavy stuff for charity. The Stronger than All strongman show in New Haven, CT is THIS WEEKEND (sat, april 1st)in new haven, ct. And even tho you cant lift in it cuz entry has been closed for a month or so, your $10 entry will go towards the CT childrens hospital. I dont know where in ny you are, but new haven is probably and hour 15 to an hour and a half from the city.

There’s directions and info on www.ctstrongman.com. Plus, there are a bunch of T-Nationers there, I know I’m competing, loucifer and I think rrjc… a few others, there was a thread on it in the strength forum about 3 or 4 weeks ago.

Sorry for sounding like an ad, but it’s a good time for a good cause, so for anyone interested, it’s not too far, it’s a lousy 10 bucks that’ll go towards helping sick kids and beyond spectating there’s a grip gauntlet that’s open to all, I met Mike Miller (who might legitimately be the largest human i’ve ever met,) Vinny Dizenzo - 800 lb bench presser - gave a free seminar on benching … tons of stuff. If you’re in the area come on out. Shameless plug over.[/quote]

Thanks!
It sucks that I missed the chance to enter, but it would be cool to watch.

I just got a new job that starts Monday, so I’ll have to figure out my schedule and see if I can make it.

Oh, duhhh, April 1st is tomorrow LOL.

We actually have plans to go to a Sesame St. show in Syracuse. There’s no way my wife would let me out of going to it with our daughter.

Does anyone know of any more charitable events like this?