Charlie Brown Kwanza

Have you seen this???

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/charliebrownkwanza.html

[quote]sic 10-52 wrote:
Have you seen this???

[/quote]

Ok, what the hell is Kwanza anyway? It’s not African or American. So why do we need a made up holiday?

I saw it a couple of days ago. Now that’s funny.

[quote]Lorisco wrote:
sic 10-52 wrote:
Have you seen this???

Ok, what the hell is Kwanza anyway? It’s not African or American. So why do we need a made up holiday? [/quote]

This was possibly the dumbest statement made…today.

If you don’t know what it is, look it up. I don’t even celebrate it, but you would have to be retarded to not understand that some people do take it seriously.

“U need a muthafuckin job”…funny as hell!!!

I’d rather celebrate Festivus.

[quote]Lorisco wrote:
sic 10-52 wrote:
Have you seen this???

Ok, what the hell is Kwanza anyway? It’s not African or American. So why do we need a made up holiday? [/quote]

Every holiday is “made up.” They are there to recognize the importance of an event, heritage, etc. I’m not sure how it’s not African or American, either. Get outside yourself and appreciate other cultures.

I’m afraiid to post on the subject. I might get virtually slapped in the face for not knowing what kwanza is.

DEFINITION OF KWANZAA Kwanzaa is a unique African American celebration with focus on the traditional African values of family, community responsibility, commerce, and self-improvement. Kwanzaa is neither political nor religious and despite some misconceptions, is not a substitute for Christmas. It is simply a time of reaffirming African-American people, their ancestors and culture. Kwanzaa, which means “first fruits of the harvest” in the African language Kiswahili, has gained tremendous acceptance.

Since its founding in 1966 by Dr. Maulana Karenga, Kwanzaa has come to be observed by more than18 million people worldwide, as reported by the New York Times. When establishing Kwanzaa in 1966, Dr. Karenga included an additional “a” to the end of the spelling to reflect the difference between the African American celebration (kwanzaa) and the Motherland spelling (kwanza).

I almost pee’d myself after clicking on that link.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Lorisco wrote:
sic 10-52 wrote:
Have you seen this???

Ok, what the hell is Kwanza anyway? It’s not African or American. So why do we need a made up holiday?

This was possibly the dumbest statement made…today.

If you don’t know what it is, look it up. I don’t even celebrate it, but you would have to be retarded to not understand that some people do take it seriously.[/quote]

I understand that it is a made up holiday for blacks in the US. No other races celebrate a holiday that did not come from their country of origin or their current country or residence.

So since this is unique holiday to only blacks in the US, it warrants some further explanation. In addition, since it is a made up holiday, many consider it to be the dumbest holiday ever conceived.

[quote]mclemorejohn wrote:
DEFINITION OF KWANZAA Kwanzaa is a unique African American celebration with focus on the traditional African values of family, community responsibility, commerce, and self-improvement. Kwanzaa is neither political nor religious and despite some misconceptions, is not a substitute for Christmas. It is simply a time of reaffirming African-American people, their ancestors and culture. Kwanzaa, which means “first fruits of the harvest” in the African language Kiswahili, has gained tremendous acceptance.

Since its founding in 1966 by Dr. Maulana Karenga, Kwanzaa has come to be observed by more than18 million people worldwide, as reported by the New York Times. When establishing Kwanzaa in 1966, Dr. Karenga included an additional “a” to the end of the spelling to reflect the difference between the African American celebration (kwanzaa) and the Motherland spelling (kwanza). [/quote]

This definition doesn’t mention that it is not a recognized holiday in Africa. As such, it cannot be an African-American holiday. It can only be an a holiday that blacks in the US celebrate.

“I’m just trying to get some stank on my down low”…now THAT is some funny shit!

“Jive Turkey”?

“Craker”?

“Honky”?

Right…

What did these guys (most likely white) who made this video do; attend a “SuperFly/Shaft” Film festival, and watch a “Sanford and Son” marathon on “TNT”?

This wouldn’t have been funny in 1972…

SUCKA!!!

Mufasa

My Little Brothers…

REPRESENTIN’!!!, Yo?

Mufasa

[quote]jlesk68 wrote:
I’d rather celebrate Festivus.[/quote]

i challenge you in this year’s Feats of Strength.

[quote]Lorisco wrote:
mclemorejohn wrote:
DEFINITION OF KWANZAA Kwanzaa is a unique African American celebration with focus on the traditional African values of family, community responsibility, commerce, and self-improvement. Kwanzaa is neither political nor religious and despite some misconceptions, is not a substitute for Christmas. I

t is simply a time of reaffirming African-American people, their ancestors and culture. Kwanzaa, which means “first fruits of the harvest” in the African language Kiswahili, has gained tremendous acceptance.

Since its founding in 1966 by Dr. Maulana Karenga, Kwanzaa has come to be observed by more than18 million people worldwide, as reported by the New York Times.

When establishing Kwanzaa in 1966, Dr. Karenga included an additional “a” to the end of the spelling to reflect the difference between the African American celebration (kwanzaa) and the Motherland spelling (kwanza).

This definition doesn’t mention that it is not a recognized holiday in Africa. As such, it cannot be an African-American holiday. It can only be an a holiday that blacks in the US celebrate. [/quote]

It is African-Americans who celebrate their African heritage. So yes it can.

Do you get this upset about Italian American festivals? I’m just not seeing what your problem is, but for your own sake, you should probably stop posting because you sound at best ignorant.

[quote]Mr. Bear wrote:
Lorisco wrote:
mclemorejohn wrote:
DEFINITION OF KWANZAA Kwanzaa is a unique African American celebration with focus on the traditional African values of family, community responsibility, commerce, and self-improvement. Kwanzaa is neither political nor religious and despite some misconceptions, is not a substitute for Christmas. I

t is simply a time of reaffirming African-American people, their ancestors and culture. Kwanzaa, which means “first fruits of the harvest” in the African language Kiswahili, has gained tremendous acceptance.

Since its founding in 1966 by Dr. Maulana Karenga, Kwanzaa has come to be observed by more than18 million people worldwide, as reported by the New York Times.

When establishing Kwanzaa in 1966, Dr. Karenga included an additional “a” to the end of the spelling to reflect the difference between the African American celebration (kwanzaa) and the Motherland spelling (kwanza).

This definition doesn’t mention that it is not a recognized holiday in Africa. As such, it cannot be an African-American holiday. It can only be an a holiday that blacks in the US celebrate.

It is African-Americans who celebrate their African heritage. So yes it can.

Do you get this upset about Italian American festivals? I’m just not seeing what your problem is, but for your own sake, you should probably stop posting because you sound at best ignorant. [/quote]

To be fair, do Italian Americans celebrate any festivals they made up in the new country?

Ok, that video was hilarious, hands down funniest video I saw all week. What is even funnier is how people took offense to objections over Kwanza. Lets call a spade a spade, Kwanza was made up with no historical or legitimate social basis. It’s like the infamous “Love Day” example used to sell greeting cards. (might be an urban legend, havent spent the time to research it). It celebrates tradtional african values like family…and commerce. I’d say the conventional, mainstream examples of traditional tribal african behavior are not cause for a solstice celebration.

oh yeah, and when people disagree on these threads, lets be a little humble. Accusing someone of being astronomically ignorant or incomprehensibly uneducated does little to prove your point.

[quote]doogie wrote:
To be fair, do Italian Americans celebrate any festivals they made up in the new country?[/quote]

To be fair, did Italian Americans lose all of their heritage having to effectively begin again with no history of their past culture due to slavery?