T Nation

Charles Poliquin?

Has anyone heard anything from Charles Poliquin lately? I know that he has a paid guru section that discusses a lot of topics, but doesn’t hit training that often (what I heard, I have never paid). I recall in the past when he spoke everyone jumped, now are T-readers still performing his routines, methods, etc? His books are out of print and $$$$ on e-bay and you don’t hear much about him, at least the specifics we like to know about. Is his 1/5 day split still working for many? How about his Arms Race book, anyone try it with great success - specifically mass? Just curious. Thanks for the feedback

[quote]springbok wrote:
Has anyone heard anything from Charles Poliquin lately? I know that he has a paid guru section that discusses a lot of topics, but doesn’t hit training that often (what I heard, I have never paid). I recall in the past when he spoke everyone jumped, now are T-readers still performing his routines, methods, etc? His books are out of print and $$$$ on e-bay and you don’t hear much about him, at least the specifics we like to know about. Is his 1/5 day split still working for many? How about his Arms Race book, anyone try it with great success - specifically mass? Just curious. Thanks for the feedback[/quote]

Yes i love Poliquin’s stuff cos it works!

Im doing his arm programme and im just about to start phase 3

I do his training recommendation of training every 5th day for bodyparts.

I also have a tread under Alpha Male results if your interested it has my training logs and gains from using Alpha Male!

I think Charles is one of the best strenght trainers in the world. This man know’s his stuff. However for some reason, and funnily enough no one will say why, he left T-mag. Sigh… was a sad, sad day then.

Of course i’m sure T-mag will say they have many more strength trainers now…but none as good as Charles Poliquin.

Polquin did bring many good contrubutions, but a a few misses to.
Some of his programs didn’t work for the unassisted/non genetic superfreak.
Some of his supplement ideas where well off.

Don’t take this as a negative rant against the man! He has great knowledge and has paved the way for the ones who have followed.

I for one feel the combination of CT, CW and JB makes for awesome results. I believe CP leaving spurned new growth and development for T-Nation and himself.

Actually it was a good thing that alowed both to evolve.

regards Poul

If i remember correctly wasn’t charles poliquin the only one at the time, and were taking 7 years ago now, screaming for carbs after exercise, not just protien only, which everyone else was saying.

In my opinion, Charles Poliquin is the best strength coach around. I state this because his programs have benefited me more than anybody else’s. Do not get me wrong, I love the current strength coaches writing for T-Nation; however I feel they are all a notch below Poliquin. Many of the programs you see posted on the site today seem to be heavily influenced by Poliquin’s methods. Two of my close friends are signing up for the first level of his certification, once they have completed I will get a detailed account of what they learned and try to update T-Nation.

I have read that a lot of people believe him to be a prick, I have never met the man so I can not say, but I really do not care. His methods get me stronger and bigger than anybody elses.

I saw that he has a new book for his certification program, but I believe it is upwards of $200. If your friends taking his certification course have read it, please ask for their opinions.

Thanks.

You guys might be hearing from Charles real soon, maybe right here at T-Nation.

[quote]FMF wrote:
I saw that he has a new book for his certification program, but I believe it is upwards of $200. If your friends taking his certification course have read it, please ask for their opinions.

Thanks.[/quote]

I will let you know as soon as I know something.

If Poliquin wrote an article about the evolution of his methods and development of his ideas in the time since he last wrote for us here, that would make for some great reading.

Fantastic…would love to have Charles back!!! YEA!!!

[quote]springbok wrote:
Has anyone heard anything from Charles Poliquin lately? I know that he has a paid guru section that discusses a lot of topics, but doesn’t hit training that often (what I heard, I have never paid). I recall in the past when he spoke everyone jumped, now are T-readers still performing his routines, methods, etc? His books are out of print and $$$$ on e-bay and you don’t hear much about him, at least the specifics we like to know about. Is his 1/5 day split still working for many? How about his Arms Race book, anyone try it with great success - specifically mass? Just curious. Thanks for the feedback[/quote]

There is now one listed on Ebay.ca at 5$. The one with Tsunami Relief in the header.