Charles Bronson Was Built

What changed today is that hollywood wants men that are pretty. The actors from the past were not pretty boys. They were serious looking and some almost ugly. It’s what made them “manly” or at least that was the definition of a male in that generation past. In this generation males are metro, soft and closer to feminine then masculine. Sure some carry muscle but the way it was carried by bronson, eastwood, stallone etc etc…

Bronson trained continually. You get a glimpse of this in and old movie with Jan-Michael Vincent in which he plays a paid assassin. Run, lift, train like you’re job required you to hunt people. You’d train like a motherfucker too if you train like you were going to hunt people.

[quote]imhungry wrote:
Dedicated wrote:
Yup, Eastwood, Newman, Bronson, , Redford, Reynolds, Lancaster, William Holden, bad asses for sure. Some of their movies are over thirty years old and I still get excited to seem em when there on. Can’t say the same for many modern actors or movies. Aw hell, maybe I’m just getting old.

D

What about James Coburn, and Steve McQueen?[/quote]

Yeah, I liked them both. Coburn as well as Kris Kristofferson were great in Pat Garret and Billy The Kid directed by good ol Sam Peckinpah. Check it out if you haven’t better then that douchebag Emilio’s version IMO.

D

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:
Coburn and McQueen were cool motherfuckers, but skinny as shit. Eastwood, Newman, Lancaster, Holden, Bronson and Reynolds all carried some muscle in their day.[/quote]

Not really though. Charles Bronson was a badass physically, but none of the rest of those guys are that jacked. There’s no way Paul Newman was more jacked than Steve McQueen. What made these guys so cool was their attitude and manliness, not their physiques.

If you’re looking purely at muscle mass, the physiques are better in Hollywood today. Unfortunately, as someone else pointed out in this thread, the actors today tend more to be pretty boys than the hard-asses we’re discussing in this thread.

Did any of you see Appalloosa? It’s a Western that came out a little while ago with Ed Harris and Viggo Mortenson. Those guys are two actors that I would definitely consider pretty bad-ass.

[quote]timbofirstblood wrote:
Did any of you see Appalloosa? It’s a Western that came out a little while ago with Ed Harris and Viggo Mortenson. Those guys are two actors that I would definitely consider pretty bad-ass.[/quote]

Yeah, good movie, I liked the end. One of those strong friendship and respect movies.

D

Clint Eastwood was surprisingly muscular in some of his movies.

Bronson trained at Vince Girondia (sp?) gym for a while. So did Clint Eastwood and a variety of actors. Vince’s Gym was the place to be in Hollywood for a long while.

[quote]timbofirstblood wrote:
Uncle Gabby wrote:
Coburn and McQueen were cool motherfuckers, but skinny as shit. Eastwood, Newman, Lancaster, Holden, Bronson and Reynolds all carried some muscle in their day.

Not really though. Charles Bronson was a badass physically, but none of the rest of those guys are that jacked. There’s no way Paul Newman was more jacked than Steve McQueen. What made these guys so cool was their attitude and manliness, not their physiques.

If you’re looking purely at muscle mass, the physiques are better in Hollywood today. Unfortunately, as someone else pointed out in this thread, the actors today tend more to be pretty boys than the hard-asses we’re discussing in this thread.
[/quote]

Paul Newman isn’t a great example. But the better physiques in Hollywood these days are the action stars. As far as the serious actors, there aren’t many in hollywood who look like they’ve ever touched a weight.

[quote]ALDurr wrote:
Bronson trained at Vince Girondia (sp?) gym for a while. So did Clint Eastwood and a variety of actors. Vince’s Gym was the place to be in Hollywood for a long while.[/quote]

Vinny G. was the BOMB. He sure had his ideas about training and he never deviated from them. Wonder what he’d say about today’s “professionals?”

How about an actor that was a Rhodes scholar, one of the best songwriters ever, an Army captain, and former Gold Gloves boxer? Kris Kristofferson maintained a well-trained physique, even as the old guy Whistler in Blade movies. Found time to train, even though boozed up and probably hung-over. Real-life bad ass in my book.

[quote]BennyHayes wrote:
How about an actor that was a Rhodes scholar, one of the best songwriters ever, an Army captain, and former Gold Gloves boxer? Kris Kristofferson maintained a well-trained physique, even as the old guy Whistler in Blade movies. Found time to train, even though boozed up and probably hung-over. Real-life bad ass in my book.[/quote]

Didnt he write bobby mcgee?

[quote]BennyHayes wrote:
How about an actor that was a Rhodes scholar, one of the best songwriters ever, an Army captain, and former Gold Gloves boxer? Kris Kristofferson maintained a well-trained physique, even as the old guy Whistler in Blade movies. Found time to train, even though boozed up and probably hung-over. Real-life bad ass in my book.[/quote]

Johnny Cash’s protege, some of the fondest memories I have of my childhood are sitting passenger in my grandfathers F150 listening to songs like Bobby McGee, Silver Tongued Devil, and Sunday Morning Coming Down…damn, now I’m going to feel feelings for the night

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

[quote]BennyHayes wrote:

Didnt he write bobby mcgee?[/quote]
Yes, he did. Along with Sunday Morning Coming Down, Help Me Make It Through the Night, For the Good Times, Loving Her Was Easier Than Anything I’ve Ever Done Before, If You Don’t Like Hank Williams(You Can Kiss Our Ass), Please Don’t Tell Me How the Story Ends, Why Me Lord, and so on.

[quote]JaseHxC wrote:

[quote]BennyHayes wrote:

Johnny Cash’s protege, some of the fondest memories I have of my childhood are sitting passenger in my grandfathers F150 listening to songs like Bobby McGee, Silver Tongued Devil, and Sunday Morning Coming Down…damn, now I’m going to feel feelings for the night[/quote]
No problem finding them all on Youtube. One link after another…

[quote]BennyHayes wrote:

[quote]JaseHxC wrote:

[quote]BennyHayes wrote:

Johnny Cash’s protege, some of the fondest memories I have of my childhood are sitting passenger in my grandfathers F150 listening to songs like Bobby McGee, Silver Tongued Devil, and Sunday Morning Coming Down…damn, now I’m going to feel feelings for the night[/quote]
No problem finding them all on Youtube. One link after another…[/quote]
Here is a favorite…damn, coudn’t link it up. My bad.

[quote]chilco wrote:
crib…Starz…indian…i’m simply amazed at this guys physique…Dude was ripped…bone…symmetrical. So I sit here wondering…[about his] physique…guys…like Brad Pitt…glimpse of Bronson in his prime and well beyond it, they’d have to say forget Brad Pitt…
I haven’t been able to dig up much on…this amazing physique.

…Charles Bronson…hard bodies… wieners. Hard scrabble coal miner roots with granite muscle to go along with it.
I’m just sayin’.[/quote]

I’m sure you’re just saying.

Way to bump a thread that’s over 2 years old.

charles bronson, that name itself inspires a feeling of raw masculinity. i remember in once upon a time in the west the way he grabs the very beautiful claudia cardinale and rips her dress. the way he holds her down that was so primal yet restrained. charles buchinsky was his real name. he was called the brute by the italians on account of his supposedly ugly looks. it was a compliment. likewise in france he was called the monstre sacre ie
a venerable public figure who is considered above criticism or attack despite eccentricity, controversy.

and sergio leone himself had observed that charles bronson was the best actor of all time. that may be his personal view but it goes to show the kind of emotions he evoked in people. but the times have changed
get this. recently on internet i came across a kid who refered to charles bronson primarily as the hardcore british prisoner dude. and also alluded that there was another charles bronson who was SOME OLD ACTOR. W T F.

the ignorant newb doesnt kno that his charles bronson was actually Michael Gordon Peterson who changed his name to C B to seem more hardcore. times have certainly changed. btw the new mechanic movie is ok but kinda lame if u compare it with the old one. unfair for statham tho. to be pitted against bronson.

C B showed that he had the goods but rarely showed them off, except when the bad guys crossed the line, like for eg when they killed his dog in death hunt. they messed with the wrong man. lol.
beautiful natural physique, beautiful rugged hands, an honest countenance , kind eyes, a deep voice that verged on melancholy, a legend. a mans man, they sure dont make em like him nemore.
C B , R I P.

[quote]Molotov_Coktease wrote:
Nobody cares about your gamer points in Gears of fucking War 2. [/quote]

Amen.

COD or GTFO!