Charity Boxing Event Training

Thanks a lot, really appreciate the advice. Going to spar tomorrow AM and really focus on letting my hands go.

Keep training, you are making a progress. Don’t touch weights, nor even look at them! you are still affected by lifting too much in the past, and you are still way too slow. Go to fight only if you know your opponent will be pretty much at your level, because currently you are still not a boxer, and if it happens you meet a real boxer with more experience it will be very unpleasant. Good luck

Thanks for the advice. I’m done with weights until the fight.

Don’t worry, I’m under no delusions that I could hold my own against a real boxer. I’ve been smacked around enough in the gym by guys with several fights under their belts to have a sense of humility about my abilities and to realize how badly you can get hurt in the ring. The guy I’m fighting is similar to me and we’ve sparred so I’m not too concerned about hurt. Of course now USA Boxing is suspended so that might halt the fight unless they make an exception for local charity shows.

You’ve made plenty of progress, you’ve come a long way by the looks of thing, and you’ve got courage. Keep your chin down and your hands up, keep moving, work off the jab, and you’ll do fine. Obviously you’re not under any illusions about stepping in with more experienced guys, but you can go a long way with some balls, a solid guard and a respectable jab. Plenty of guys do, and you could probably hold your own against some people who have had several proper fights.